Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duke/UNC

Duke/UNC

Any thoughts on tonight's game?

I think Duke may have a hard time dealing with the UNC post players. Not to mention Harrison Barnes. However, I believe Duke has a fine chance so long as the 3's are falling.

GO DUKE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Duke/UNC

I hope the court opens up and the earth swallows all of the coaches, players, and fans of both schools into an infinite abyss.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

That. Was. Awesome.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

NL Central champs

That was quite the ending. Tyler Zeller's tip in was a huge play for Duke.

So 37 3s....does that mean they are a touch too reliant on the 3? ......no? I didn't think so either, could have got up a few more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

UNC's defense is terrible, but that was a phenomenal game.

Obviously Duke didn't get the memo that the game was over. UNC sure thought so.

The last time I heard a huge crowd go so silent so quick was the '99 Reds-Mets play-in game when Edgardo Alfonzo hit a 1st inning homer. Like a light switch.

Austin Rivers will be a great NBA player.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    UNC's defense is terrible, but that was a phenomenal game.
    Both teams defense were terrible.

I'm hoping now that Kentucky plays UNC and Duke in the NCAA tournament this year and beats both of them. Vitale said during the game last night that UNC needs to buy in and play defense the way Kentucky is doing right now, but said he would pick UNC to win on a neutral court.

That does not make sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Kentucky is clearly better than UNC.

Thank you for finally pointing out both teams played terrible defense. Hall of Fame coaches withstanding, I thought both defensive gameplans were just plain stupid and a game that should have been in the low 70's got to the 80's. UNC can't shoot from the perimeter and yet Duke pressured the passing lanes allowing the Heels to get to the basket or throw it to the post at will. Duke is completely reliant on shooting the 3, yet Carolina went under numerous ball screens, failed to force Duke shooters to curl off of downscreens, and provided way too much help from ballside 1 pass away.

It was a poorly played game IMO and the second half had little flow thanks to all of the whistles. The ending I guess makes it a classic, but the game as a whole was far from one.

nm

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post

Thank you for finally pointing out both teams played terrible defense. Hall of Fame coaches withstanding, I thought both defensive gameplans were just plain stupid and a game that should have been in the low 70's got to the 80's. UNC can't shoot from the perimeter and yet Duke pressured the passing lanes allowing the Heels to get to the basket or throw it to the post at will. Duke is completely reliant on shooting the 3, yet Carolina went under numerous ball screens, failed to force Duke shooters to curl off of downscreens, and provided way too much help from ballside 1 pass away.

It was a poorly played game IMO and the second half had little flow thanks to all of the whistles. The ending I guess makes it a classic, but the game as a whole was far from one.
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post

clearly better? whatever you say Kentucky fan.

and another

Poorly played game? You saw 10+ future NBA players displaying their talents, and display they did.

If you have an issue with the game plan, that's one thing, and it's on the coaches. However if you have an issue with how the players performed, that's on you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharync View Post
    and another

Poorly played game? You saw 10+ future NBA players displaying their talents, and display they did.

If you have an issue with the game plan, that's one thing, and it's on the coaches. However if you have an issue with how the players performed, that's on you my friend.
    I'm not disputing that UNC and Duke don't have talent. They do. Neither team played defense and it showed. Even Dick Vitale, the biggest ACC homer on the planet, commented on it.

I don't know if you have followed Kentucky since they beat UNC by 1 earlier this season at Rupp, but minus the IU game the following week, they have improved considerably. I don't really know that UNC has, especially the 30+ point meltdown in Tallahassee. As of right now, they are projected as a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament, a far cry for a team ranked number one to start the season.

As for Duke, its live and die by the three, similar to Florida. The only thing that scares me with Duke is the tendency for young players to be starstruck, especially at Kentucky with the Laettner shot etched in everybody's mind. Kentucky overlooked West Virginia two years ago to get to Duke and paid the price for it in the Elite Eight.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

For the record, I'm not a Kentucky fan at all. I'm actually a Carolina alum and can't stand Kentucky. But I think UK is clearly the most talented team in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharync View Post
    and another

By future NBA player, was that identified by the number of missed free throws?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    By future NBA player, was that identified by the number of missed free throws?
    They are going to fit right in. There really is no doubt about it....

Turn Off Ads?