Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

One movie that I really can't wait to see is 127 Hours. Looks amazing, I was hoping one of the select cities would be Austin, but looks like I'll have to wait for a wider release.

YouTube - 127 Hours Trailer 2010 HD
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    One movie that I really can't wait to see is 127 Hours. Looks amazing, I was hoping one of the select cities would be Austin, but looks like I'll have to wait for a wider release.

YouTube - 127 Hours Trailer 2010 HD
    On my drive home this morning someone on the radio was talking about this and how at the premiere at one of the film festivals, multiple people left the theater to vomit, several more passed out and there were EMT's called to the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    On my drive home this morning someone on the radio was talking about this and how at the premiere at one of the film festivals, multiple people left the theater to vomit, several more passed out and there were EMT's called to the scene.
    Sounds like the kind of stuff they used to do in the 1950's. "This movie is so intense, anyone with a medical condition must sign a release form before they will be allowed into the theater."
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Yesterday I watched Get Him To The Greek w/ Jonah Hill. It's pretty raunchy. Decently funny. I'll give it a 7/10.

Tonight the wife and I went and watched Due Date w/ Zach Galifigangakcask3es. It was pretty funny. I'd give it an 8/10... possibly an 8.5. It wasn't Step Brothers or Superbad funny, but just a notch below IMO. I thought it was about as funny as The Hangover... although most people I know think the Hangover was alot funnier than I did.

Comedy Weekend at the Daniels household

She's Out of My League 7 of 10

Get Him to the Greek 4 of 10

Avatar. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, that was a long movie. Visually it was pretty cool but otherwise didn't like it much at all.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

La Dolce Vita

the girl who played with fire..continuing saga of lisbeth salander as played by the terrific noomi rapace. i'm gonna bet there won't be as much nudity and sex in the american re-makes of this trilogy.

everybody's fine...about father (de niro) trying to connect w/ his grown children. being a certain age, my husband and i certainly found it relative. also enjoyed song paul mccartney wrote for end credits.
    teach tolerance.

Jackass 3D was very good. The Town was alright. Life As We Know It is a pretty good date movie.

Saw Megamind in the threaters last night and thought it was pretty damn funny.

My wife and I finished one movie last night that we'd started earlier in the weekend and then watched another on Netflix.

We finished Sorry, Wrong Number with Barbara Stanwyck and Burt Lancaster. It's from 1948 and by today's standards very melodramatic. The style is much different than we would see today. Interestingly, the movie was made from a radio play which I've heard, but I always thought the radio version was a broadcast made from the movie. Still there were some interesting cinematic features to this. It occurred to me though that while folks talk about John Wayne always delivering his lines the same way, Lancaster seems to do the same thing as well.

The other film we watched was Tender Mercies with Robert Duvall, Tess Harper & a young Ellen Barkin. Duvall won the Oscar for this role and it also won Best Screenplay, written by the great Horton Foote. Very subdued performance, but I like the movie's sweetness.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Avatar last night on HBO. I really enjoyed it - a lot more than I thought I would. 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    The other film we watched was Tender Mercies with Robert Duvall, Tess Harper & a young Ellen Barkin. Duvall won the Oscar for this role and it also won Best Screenplay, written by the great Horton Foote. Very subdued performance, but I like the movie's sweetness.
    Tender Mercies is a great movie.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Comedy Weekend at the Daniels household

She's Out of My League 7 of 10

Get Him to the Greek 4 of 10
    Liked both of those movies. Get Him to the Greek wasn't nearly as good as Forgetting Sarah Marshall but it was still entertaining. I do agree She's Out of My League was much better.

I watched Boondock Saints 2 over the weekend. Doesn't hold a candle to the first one but still an ok flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    the girl who played with fire..continuing saga of lisbeth salander as played by the terrific noomi rapace. i'm gonna bet there won't be as much nudity and sex in the american re-makes of this trilogy.
    We watched "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". Loved it. Haven't seen a subtitled movie in a while but once I got re-acclimated, it was great. Great Swedish cinematography too.

I'm a huge fan of these books and appreciated how true they stayed to the characters and plotline. Noomi Rapace is *great* as the fierce and damaged hacker Lisbeth Salander. I hope the Hollywood version stays as true, but I doubt it will. Can't see it having the sexual violence as well. Some scenes in this version were hard to watch but vital to the story.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Avatar. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, that was a long movie. Visually it was pretty cool but otherwise didn't like it much at all.
    Is the 2nd part related to Avatar or the Assassination of Jesse James? Both were long, but the Assassination of Jesse James was 'slow'. Saw Avatar in the Imax (not sure how much different that is than standard 3d viewing) and visually it was great. Story line was predicable, but not terrible. I may be one of the last converts to HD (I'm convinced at some point Best Buy will pay me to get one as much as prices have dropped, and we don't watch enough TV to truely miss it until we watch somebody else's TV), but even w/ a relatively large HD TV, I couldn't imagine watching Avatar at home. Seems like one of those movies that really needs to been seen in a theater.

Turn Off Ads?