Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds Lineup

Reds Lineup

They have producive hitters that they continue to sit on the bench. They have the personnel to put 5 consecutive good hitters in a row. Gomes is getting better at defense and is an adequate LF while Dickerson and Bruce are above average. Hanigan doesn't possess a lot of power but is an ideal #2 hitter. My ideal line-up w/ the current staff.

1. Dickerson .288 avg & .389 OBP
    2. Hanigan .336 avg & .423 OBP
    3. Votto .366 avg & .458 OBP
    4. Phillips .268 avg & .334 OBP
    5. Gomes .333 avg & .427 OBP
    6. Bruce
    7. Sutton
    8. Janish

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by kentjett View Post
    They have producive hitters that they continue to sit on the bench. They have the personnel to put 5 consecutive good hitters in a row. Gomes is getting better at defense and is an adequate LF while Dickerson and Bruce are above average. Hanigan doesn't possess a lot of power but is an ideal #2 hitter. My ideal line-up w/ the current staff.

1. Dickerson .288 avg & .389 OBP
    2. Hanigan .336 avg & .423 OBP
    3. Votto .366 avg & .458 OBP
    4. Phillips .268 avg & .334 OBP
    5. Gomes .333 avg & .427 OBP
    6. Bruce
    7. Sutton
    8. Janish
    Just curious: Who are these productive hitters who "continue to sit on the bench"?

Dickerson, Hannigan, and often times Gomes. Sutton looks like he could be a productive hitter in the majors based upon his minor league numbers but that remains to be seen. All of these players are being benched for players with OPS of <700.

Edit: Gomes does not fit into that category, although his OPS is so high right now that it would be nice to see him out there more often, somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Just curious: Who are these productive hitters who "continue to sit on the bench"?
    He's talking about Dickerson and Hanigan

It's obvious who should be batting number 1 & 2 but it seems so difficult for Dusty. I used to be a Dusty fan but his coaching is getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_RedsFan View Post
    He's talking about Dickerson and Hanigan
    Dickerson has started 8 of the last 9 games even though lefthanders started 2 of them. Hannigan has started 7 of the last 10. What is the issue here? By the way, when Hannigan starts, what do you do with Ramon-- play him at shortstop?

Dickerson has started 8 of the last 9 games even though lefthanders started 2 of them. Hannigan has started 7 of the last 10. What is the issue here? By the way, when Hannigan starts, what do you do with Ramon-- play him at shortstop?
    Don't be coming at me I know this, I was just answering your question because that was who he was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by kentjett View Post
    It's obvious who should be batting number 1 & 2 but it seems so difficult for Dusty. I used to be a Dusty fan but his coaching is getting old.
    I agree. With the talent on this team we should be well over .500 and comfortably in first place. There is no doubt that with all of the talent we have that if anybody but Baker was managing, this team would have already clinched the division by now.

I'm concerned about both of them batting at the bottom of the lineup. We need them guys on base inorder for Votto and Phiilips to hit them in.

Dickerson should be the starting CF, Gomes in LF and Hanigan at C. All three of them guys should be batting within the top 5. I will be shocked if Hanigan starts more games than Hernandez from here on out but we all know he deserves it.

Hernandez w/ his sub .250 average should be on the bench backing up 1st base, 3rd base and catcher.

Hanigan has started 7 of the last 10?If my memory serves me he has only started 1 game since Votto came off the DL.I didn't see the game today but would guess he didn't start.He'll probably get one Fri. with Bailey pitching.I don't have a big problem with Hernandez but imo he has to get a few days off a week.We have a great back up and Hernandez isn't so fantastic that he should get every start.Let Hannigan catch Bronson and Baily.I don't know how to check this but I'd bet that Bronson pitches much better when Hannigan catches.

The biggest issue is that while Dickerson has been getting starts Taveras is still playing.This was a bigger problem when we were playing the AL teams with the advantage of the DH.Dusty decided that he would rather have Taveras in the lineup then Hanigan, but I guess that's not a problem if your not worried about winning games.
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 07-02-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Hanigan has had 2 maybe 3 starts since Votto has came back. That would make 3 starts in 10 games. I don't know where he is getting his info from. He must not watch very many games. It's obvious that Dusty favors Hernandez for some reason. It's also obvious that he has something against Gomes and Dickerson playing CF.

Since June 21st, Hanigan's playing time consists of a pinch-hitting role on the 26th, a start on the 27th and then a start on the 2nd of July. As far as Dickerson is concerned he has played a lot only because the Reds were playing A.L. teams and the DH was available. If there were no DH, more than likely Gomes or Nix would have gotten the nod while Chris collected splinters on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Since June 21st, Hanigan's playing time consists of a pinch-hitting role on the 26th, a start on the 27th and then a start on the 2nd of July. As far as Dickerson is concerned he has played a lot only because the Reds were playing A.L. teams and the DH was available. If there were no DH, more than likely Gomes or Nix would have gotten the nod while Chris collected splinters on the bench.
    Thanks Texasdave for doing the research.I knew it had to be something like that.Hannigan actually did start today and what do ya know.We got great pitching,he went 3-3 and we won.Once again I don't have a problem with Hernandez but he shouldn't be starting as much as he does.He can even play first to give Votto a day off once in a while.

Turn Off Ads?