Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty Brennaman slams Adam Dunn....again.

Re: Marty Brennaman slams Adam Dunn....again.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I'm not so sure about Castellini though. I don't think he's as likely to ignore this type of stuff as the previous two owners.
    I wonder if part of bringing in Thom was factoring in the "Marty Situation" should a real standoff ever occur between BCast and Marty? Sort of a way to continue in the Marty style of broadcasting while bringing in a "kindler, gentler, Marty".

And he's only going to adress Marty's on-air comments if he feals/has evidence that Marty is effecting the bottom line of the Reds. While some here can make a case that "talking down the economy" occurs due to Marty, unless he really is effecting the teams profits BCast isn't going to put a muzzle on him, and might actually create a backlash were he to do so.

The #1 reason casual fans have stayed away from the ballpark has been because the Reds have sucked. If Marty starts praising Dunn daily, but the Reds still suck, it's not going to convince people to come to the ballpark. Only sustained/consistent winning will do that.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 02-20-2007 at 02:34 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yet ownership/management hasn't seemed to care too much.
    That's what a faceless franchise gives you in return, straw man leadership with no backbone to market the team outside of the standard.. "Hey it's summer come to the ballpark"

Obviously that hasn't been the best method the past 2 decades has it?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    That's what a faceless franchise gives you in return, straw man leadership with no backbone to market the team outside of the standard.. "Hey it's summer come to the ballpark"

Obviously that hasn't been the best method the past 2 decades has it?
    And again I ask...if the Reds suck, and Marty fawns over Dunn and is nothing but 100% wonderfull in the booth, will that really do much for attendence? That's the bottom line. And I don't buy into the idea that Marty can whip up faux-excitement for the Reds by playing nice-nice on air.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    And again I ask...if the Reds suck, and Marty fawns over Dunn and is nothing but 100% wonderfull in the booth, will that really do much for attendence?
    What's that age-old marketing theory about 1 dissatisfied customer being worse for business than 100 happy ones?
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    What's that age-old marketing theory about 1 dissatisfied customer being worse for business than 100 happy ones?
    Are the fans dissatisfied because Marty rips on Bowden/Dunn?

Or beacuse the Reds haven't won crap since the turn of the century?

And again I ask...if the Reds suck, and Marty fawns over Dunn and is nothing but 100% wonderfull in the booth, will that really do much for attendence? That's the bottom line. And I don't buy into the idea that Marty can whip up faux-excitement for the Reds by playing nice-nice on air.
    Sorry that you don't buy into the voice of the franchise being just that.... the voice of the franchise.

Some people still think Marge was OK too.

Sorry that you don't buy into the voice of the franchise being just that.... the voice of the franchise.

If its about an owner producing a winner on the field, then yes Marge was no doubt very ok!!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

So Marty should play nice-nice, kiss Dunn's butt and never utter an opinion on air (unless, of course, it is approved and condoned by RZ)?

Then he'd be George Grande.

And we all know his story.

Are the fans dissatisfied because Marty rips on Bowden/Dunn?

Or beacuse the Reds haven't won crap since the turn of the century?
    Marty hit town 2 years before I ever did, now I listen other teams feeds because of his venom and disinterested take on all things not in the realm of Mart's world view.

He lost me and I'm positive I'm not the only one.

So Marty should play nice-nice, kiss Dunn's butt and never utter an opinion on air (unless, of course, it is approved and condoned by RZ)?

Then he'd be George Grande.

And we all know his story.
    Yeah kiss his butt is what everyone's saying he should do.

Have any other words you want to put in my mouth?

Yeah kiss his butt is what everyone's saying he should do.

Have any other words you want to put in my mouth?
    Ok, so if he is complementary of Dunn's efforts, realizes his value to the team, and limits his critiscim only valid areas, and the Reds still suck.....this will improve attendence how?

would Steve Balmer be "telling it like it is" if he called MS Office "Bloatware"?
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    would Steve Balmer be "telling it like it is" if he called MS Office "Bloatware"?
    Does anyone take him serriously for pretending it isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    If its about an owner producing a winner on the field, then yes Marge was no doubt very ok!!!
    Blech, Nero was great emperor too... built that great theatrical culture for the Romans to soak up.

That worked out well in the long run didn't it?

Strength is a top to bottom toll for a baseball organization, Marge was a surface person with surface values and we're still feeling the effects to this day.

But then again some want to give her the credit for 1990.

But not me, she just happened to be there.

Blech, Nero was great emperor too... built that great theatrical culture for the Romans to soak up.

That worked out well in the long run didn't it?

Strength is a top to bottom toll for a baseball organization, Marge was a surface person with surface values and we're still feeling the effects to this day.

But then again some want to give her the credit for 1990.

But not me, she just happened to be there.

Marge Schott's record as owner speaks for herself. During her reign as owner only Ted Turner won more games in the NL. She was a little strange no doubt, but being a Reds fan was a lot more enjoyable winning with her as owner.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Turn Off Ads?