Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AAA Rotation

AAA Rotation

I think this trade solidifies, somewhat, the AAA rotation barring another acquisition at the major league level (Bedard, Colon, Leiber)

First the Reds rotation as I see it:

Harang, Arroyo, Belisle, Volquez, Bailey.

Louisville:

Cueto, Maloney, LeCure, Gardner & Shearn

That's a nice top 3 with Gardner being my sleeper pick. The rule 5 pickup could be retained and start at AAA if a trade for his rights can be worked out.

There is some depth to the Reds rotation. The thought boggles my mind.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: AAA Rotation

I suspect the Reds aren't done setting the rotation yet. I expect Mr. Bailey will start the season in AAA with Volquez as the resident young stud in the majors.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

What about my main man Carlos Fisher? I expect him to begin the season in Louisville also. He's my sleeper pick to have a breakout season. I really like what he brings to the table: big frame at 6'4" 215, fresh arm, and solid stuff across the board. I think he could develop into an innings eating #3 or 4 starter or a nice back end of the bullpen arm.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    What about my main man Carlos Fisher? I expect him to begin the season in Louisville also. He's my sleeper pick to have a breakout season. I really like what he brings to the table: big frame at 6'4" 215, fresh arm, and solid stuff across the board. I think he could develop into an innings eating #3 or 4 starter or a nice back end of the bullpen arm.
    I'd like to see that hard sinking fastball coming out of the bullpen... could be like Good Danny Graves.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I would be surprised is Fisher started in Louisville. He pitched ok in AA, but I think he could use some more time there.

If Fisher starts in AA, that could be a very solid rotation as well...any predictions?
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I think this trade solidifies, somewhat, the AAA rotation barring another acquisition at the major league level (Bedard, Colon, Leiber)

First the Reds rotation as I see it:

Harang, Arroyo, Belisle, Volquez, Bailey.

Louisville:

Cueto, Maloney, LeCure, Gardner & Shearn

That's a nice top 3 with Gardner being my sleeper pick. The rule 5 pickup could be retained and start at AAA if a trade for his rights can be worked out.

There is some depth to the Reds rotation. The thought boggles my mind.
    Spring Training oughta be interesting to see how this all plays out. But somehow I think little Jhonny surprises folks and ends up in the show, maybe not right off w/o the need for a 5th starter but he may get the nod over Homer, unless Homer has made some strides in the off-season. But I do think that Volquez sits at #4 right now behind Harang, Arroyo and Belisle.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Spring Training oughta be interesting to see how this all plays out. But somehow I think little Jhonny surprises folks and ends up in the show, maybe not right off w/o the need for a 5th starter but he may get the nod over Homer, unless Homer has made some strides in the off-season. But I do think that Volquez sits at #4 right now behind Harang, Arroyo and Belisle.
    Personally, I think Homer will kick Johnny's butt in spring training.

Most exciting Reds spring training in years.

The real exciting thing about this spring training is that there will actually be a competition. No more playing guys based on contracts (Milton) rather than results.

Quote Originally Posted by summerplight View Post
    The real exciting thing about this spring training is that there will actually be a competition. No more playing guys based on contracts (Milton) rather than results.
    Hey Mike Stanton!

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Personally, I think Homer will kick Johnny's butt in spring training.

Most exciting Reds spring training in years.
    I hope so!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Hey Mike Stanton!
    I completely forgot about him. Well at least Castro is gone.

castro is still under contract, isnt he?

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10 View Post
    castro is still under contract, isnt he?
    yes. recovering from tommy j surgery but should be back by spring training or close to then...

I was being sarcastic about Castro.

Turn Off Ads?