Rolen, Scott
    Cairo, Miguel
    Navarro, Dioner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Off-season Lookout

Isn't Ludwick on a mutual option?

Either way, looking good.

I really hope they are able to bring back Ludwick. He is a great fit for the team and has really been a great bat this year. He struggled early when his BABIP was so low but he was so clutch for so long. I wonder if he had not been hurt that last two weeks if the Reds would have ended up with the #1 seed. So many if's.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

As long as I never see Mike Leake in a Reds uniform again, I'll be happy.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    As long as I never see Mike Leake in a Reds uniform again, I'll be happy.
    Add Cairo and Stubbs.

I believe Ondrusek will likely be a Super Two.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I wish they could re-sign Broxton, Madson, and Navarro.
    Move Chapman into the rotation if they re-sign Madson to be closer. I know the jury is still out on him coming back to his normal. I feel the starting rotation desperately needs a lefty.
    Make a trade for a cleanup hitter. If not, re-sign Ludwick.
    Make a trade for a true tablesetter. The 1 and 2 holes have been empty for too long.

I think an upgrade at SS should also be on the table. Not convinced Cozart will ever be anything more than a .310 OBP guy, and that's just not good enough.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    I think an upgrade at SS should also be on the table. Not convinced Cozart will ever be anything more than a .310 OBP guy, and that's just not good enough.
    Sometimes it has to be good enough. Can't have above average OBP or offense from every position. Zack is lower on the list of spots that need to be upgraded.

Lower than CF, 3B, and depending on what Ryan Ludwick does, LF.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Sometimes it has to be good enough. Can't have above average OBP or offense from every position. Zack is lower on the list of spots that need to be upgraded.

Lower than CF, 3B, and depending on what Ryan Ludwick does, LF.
    Yeah, I'm fine with Cozart at SS provided he can hit 7/8 in the lineup. A real leadoff hitter to play either LF or CF and then move Phillips to the 2 hole. I'd prefer higher OB guys for both position at the sacrifice of power. This team this year was WAY too dependent on the long ball to win. They have enough power, especially in GABP, without needing to replace Ludwick with a power guy.

Somewhat concerned about 3B. Not sure Frazier's defense can be stomached an entire season.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    Yeah, I'm fine with Cozart at SS provided he can hit 7/8 in the lineup. A real leadoff hitter to play either LF or CF and then move Phillips to the 2 hole. I'd prefer higher OB guys for both position at the sacrifice of power. This team this year was WAY too dependent on the long ball to win. They have enough power, especially in GABP, without needing to replace Ludwick with a power guy.

Somewhat concerned about 3B. Not sure Frazier's defense can be stomached an entire season.
    I am too in regards to Frazier, and I don't think he is a starting caliber player offensively either. I like Frazier and don't want to be right about this. But after his tear in July/early August he kind of scuffled. Didn't hit but one HR for the rest of the year either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I am too in regards to Frazier, and I don't think he is a starting caliber player offensively either. I like Frazier and don't want to be right about this. But after his tear in July/early August he kind of scuffled. Didn't hit but one HR for the rest of the year either.
    I tend to concur. I think Frazier is a nice guy to have around because of his versatility, but if there's a 3B solution out there, you take it and find a place for Todd.

By the way, I'm not saying cut bait on Cozart, I just think SS ought to be worth a look this offseason if there is a potential deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    I tend to concur. I think Frazier is a nice guy to have around because of his versatility, but if there's a 3B solution out there, you take it and find a place for Todd.

By the way, I'm not saying cut bait on Cozart, I just think SS ought to be worth a look this offseason if there is a potential deal.
    I agree on the 3rd base solution. I don't think it will happen because finding solutions at 3rd base is very difficult. But if it can be done I'll take my chances with Frazier in left.

I would try to resign Jonathan Broxton and Dioner Navarro. I would try to rework Ryan Madson's contract and do a deal with Ryan Ludwick.

Turn Off Ads?