Re: Moving North

"Moving North" two words that should never be used together

Jax in Florida

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post

Jax in Florida
    I don't know. I moved South and I miss the snow, A LOT. This does not feel like winter. I want to go sledding and I want to throw snow balls at people who aren't looking. For some reason it still makes me smile to hear of schools closed for snow and I haven't been in school in a while.

At this point I'd settle for some freezing rain. Oh, well it's gonna be 68 and sunny here in Austin again today. How depressing.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I don't know. I moved South and I miss the snow, A LOT.
    Are you serious??? I HATE cold and snow. I'm here in Oxford (Ohio, most of you know where it is), and there's snow on the ground now, and I'm sure not thinking, "Oh, great, we'll have a white Christmas", I'm thinking, "Ugh, snow. Yuch." Sorry, but I don't see how you can miss snow and cold. I would LOVE to have Texas temps right now. BTW, nothing against you at all, I just HATE snow. :

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Are you serious??? I HATE cold and snow. I'm here in Oxford (Ohio, most of you know where it is), and there's snow on the ground now, and I'm sure not thinking, "Oh, great, we'll have a white Christmas", I'm thinking, "Ugh, snow. Yuch." Sorry, but I don't see how you can miss snow and cold. I would LOVE to have Texas temps right now. BTW, nothing against you at all, I just HATE snow. :

I love snow. Because of a chronic condition I have, my body goes completely haywire when I'm exposed to high temperatures during the summer, but functions beautifully during the cold weather months. Since snow signifies this most marvelous time of the year, I love it.

Snow is fine to look at, here's my current view

I love snow. Because of a chronic condition I have, my body goes completely haywire when I'm exposed to high temperatures during the summer, but functions beautifully during the cold weather months. Since snow signifies this most marvelous time of the year, I love it.
    Sorry about the condition. I suppose if my body didn't like high temps, I wouldn't either.

Snow is fine to look at, here's my current view
    Wow. That is a nice view. Where are you at. The Rockies I would say? If so, are you a Rox or Broncos fan ?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

WOY, that is a spectacular view. Portland is certainly on the top of my list of places to visit. Is that Mt. Hood?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I've been in Tampa for close to 15 years. The beautiful weather gets old.

I know it makes no sense.

The seasons blend together here- makes the time fly by.

I want to wear a coat and a hat and breathe in some cold clean air.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    WOY, that is a spectacular view. Portland is certainly on the top of my list of places to visit. Is that Mt. Hood?
    Yeah that's Hood, it looks like that's the view from the many orchards between Hood River and Hood. Great mountain, I avoid it though when it's snowing, snow is not my idea of super fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post

Jax in Florida
    No kidding.

I'm done with being cold, dealing with ice and watching retarded people attempt to drive in the ridiculously small amount of snow Cincy gets. I'm pretty sure 75% of the Cincinnatians would die in horrific car accidents if they had to contend with any real snowfall.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 12-24-2009 at 08:15 AM.

Yeah, I don't know. I always liked snow when I was in Indiana, but I didn't realize how much I'd miss it when I moved South.

On a related note it's kind of funny to see the jackasses here in Austin wearing their North Face jackets this morning when it's like 50 degrees.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

[QUOTE=Razor Shines;2006738]Yeah, I don't know. I always liked snow when I was in Indiana, but I didn't realize how much I'd miss it when I moved South.

On a related note it's kind of funny to see the jackasses here in Austin wearing their North Face jackets this morning when it's like 50 degrees.[/QUOTE]

You'll be one of them someday.

The way the body handles temperatures is relative. I can tell you that after all this time in Tampa, I wear a jacket or hat when it is 50. If you are used to 90 all the time, 50 is freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah, I don't know. I always liked snow when I was in Indiana, but I didn't realize how much I'd miss it when I moved South.

On a related note it's kind of funny to see the jackasses here in Austin wearing their North Face jackets this morning when it's like 50 degrees.
    Here in New Orleans, we had two large parks bring in faux snow a over weekend so the kids can have snowball fights and build snow people.

"miracle at Fulton St" has snow every hour.

Otherwise, we see snow on average once every 15 years.

I've never been sledding. Never built a real snowman ... when it does snow, there's not really enough of it, and it doesn't stick around very long.

Last year, there was a freak snow that started about 8am. I was already at work. Melted before I got off at 5pm that day.

Turn Off Ads?