Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    UK wins tonight but hard to judge much off a win like this.
    However Baylor, who beat UK saturday , is losing at home by double figures late.
    Good 1st half. They played good defense and played very hard. 2nd half they reverted back to how they played against Baylor and ND. Not much effort and not much defense. For that Camp Cal starts tomorrow morning at 7 am. He said they are out of shape and need extra conditiong. So for the next three weeks they will be up and running at 7 am. Of course they are in good condition. This is just a way Cal is trying to reach this bunch. I think he's totally exasperated with them and this one last ditch effort to get their attention.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

I know you almost went to DOOK, but c'mon PPatt!!

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar...story/12307186

No posts for a week, and during basketball season at that. The BBN is lovin' us some football news right now. Pretty cool.

part of BBN

Okay, it's been awhile since we posted on basketball so might as well do this.
    Last year,for a majority of the year, I said Teague was the most over rated recruit I could remember in a long time. Granted he came along quite nicely and I would love to have him on this year's team.
    This year, I will focus on Alex Pothyress. I am not saying he is the most over rated but rather the most dissappointing I have seen in awhile. He has tons of talent but for some reason, it doesnt seem to be clicking. The quick yank after the non- rebound the other day by Cal seemed to be the microcosm of AP's season so far. Or yet maybe it was Poythress facial expression of "why are you taking me out" that is actually the microcosm.
    As for UK as a whole. I have seen a little improvement most notably in the last game but still I think the sweet 16 may be an accomplishment for this team.
    I think an SEC record of 11-7 or possibly even 10-8 record may be what we are looking at. Hope I am wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Okay, it's been awhile since we posted on basketball so might as well do this.
    Last year,for a majority of the year, I said Teague was the most over rated recruit I could remember in a long time. Granted he came along quite nicely and I would love to have him on this year's team.
    This year, I will focus on Alex Pothyress. I am not saying he is the most over rated but rather the most dissappointing I have seen in awhile. He has tons of talent but for some reason, it doesnt seem to be clicking. The quick yank after the non- rebound the other day by Cal seemed to be the microcosm of AP's season so far. Or yet maybe it was Poythress facial expression of "why are you taking me out" that is actually the microcosm.
    As for UK as a whole. I have seen a little improvement most notably in the last game but still I think the sweet 16 may be an accomplishment for this team.
    I think an SEC record of 11-7 or possibly even 10-8 record may be what we are looking at. Hope I am wrong though.
    The SEC is really weak again this season. Florida and Missouri are good. Then you have two or three middling teams like Tennessee,Alabama,LSU and maybe Arkansas. After that it's not much but bad. I can't see them losing more than five games in the SEC. It will depend on how well they play on the road though.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    The SEC is really weak again this season. Florida and Missouri are good. Then you have two or three middling teams like Tennessee,Alabama,LSU and maybe Arkansas. After that it's not much but bad. I can't see them losing more than five games in the SEC. It will depend on how well they play on the road though.
    Yes the road is where they will probably struggle similar to the Brandon Knight team a couple of year's ago.
    They will probably lose at Florida. I could very easily see losses at UT and Alabama. Road games at Arkansas and Georgia and even A & M will not be easy either.
    The you have homes games against Florida and Mizzou that will be tough.
    Of course all this is based on the UK team we have seen up to this point. Hopefully this team will grow and improve but regardless of the improvement they will still miss that key component they had last year, a veteran.
    Several SEC games such as the Vandy game at Nashville, Miller would nail a huge shot that played a part in getting a win.
    I just have my doubts on how far this team can go based on that aspect.

What was everyone here doing way back in 1986?

I was getting geared up for entering the pre-school.

BetaMax was still in stiff competition with VHS.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off was tops at the movies...

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

I was in High School watching my favorite UK player at the time, Rex Chapman take over Freedom Hall.

in 1986?

I was in middle school, 6th grade trying to learn how to flirt with girls, though why I don't know.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

I graduated college in 1986 and started looking for a job. I think I got my first VCR that year too. Also used an ATM for the first time that year.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I was working traveling construction, building cooling towers, in GA and the Carolinas, in 1986.
    As for this years Cats, I waiting to see how they'll come out,against daCards. They have shown small flashes, but being Cal's youngest team, just don't have that cog, that can pull them together. Someone is going to have to grab the reigns.

I'm sure I'll regret posting this.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

UK loses to UL in the YUM! Center by 3 points... some encouraging things from this game... Fighting back from down 17 was pretty impressive.

The free throw shooting continues to be an abomination. UK makes their free throws and we win going away.

Of course you always hate to lose to your little brother, but just imagine if we had lost to them in the Final Four... THAT would have been upsetting.

Poythress continues to mystify me.

Cal said Poythress is either going to start playing harder or he is going to bench him.

IDK what it's going to take to get this kid's attention. All the ability in the world and acts like he just doesn't give a damn...

Maybe get him in the boxing ring and let Kenny Payne ring his bell a few times...

part of BBN

Props to UK for going into the #3 ranked team's homecourt and playing to a 3 point game when it looked like you would get run out of the gym.
    The fans were ready for this one and Pitino had Deing coming back (which I figured all along ), and they got a huge lead and yet UK didnt fold.
    In a year in which this could be one of Cal's weaker teams against one of Pitino's better teams, they had Pitino coaching down to the last literal second.Now all that being said, another game with free-throw shooting problems and it is many of the main guys who are going to get fouled.
    Noel and Poythress seems to hit less than 50 % despite what their stats show.
    Even Goodwin who goes to the line alot isnt what I would like to see for a guy who shoots so many. (he did go 3-4 ) today though.
    WCS was 0-4 and was actually 0-6 counting lane violations.
    They do seem to be improving a little and it is sad to see games lost on FT shooting when the hustle and drive seems to be there finally.
    The SEC will not hold alot of quality win potential except Fla and Mizzou and they probably wont win those.
    I still thnk they are "maybe" a sweet 16 team this year.
    As far as Poythress, WMR I think you will still be saying these things at end of season.

Turn Off Ads?