Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    So, you're asking if the club should get rid of an All Star, gold glove winning, second baseman... coincidentally after he yelled at guy that used to post here?

This thread...I don't even know what to say about it.
    Assinine...assiten...asseleleven....that's what this thread is!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Trade Phillips and that contract? Heck yeah, if we get something even better in return.

Because of what happened yesterday? Of course not thats just silly, and wouldn't be best use of organizational assets.
    Agreed. If this had been posted on a different day, I would be all for trading BP for the right return. Unloading that contract would make a huge difference moving forward.

But I guess that the timing of the thread is what spurred my remark. It seems like the OP is responding to BP's off-the-field antics, assuming that they may have pushed some of us over the edge. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems to be the spirit behind the post. And while I'm open to trading BP, his clash with C. Trent does not affect my opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Angels offer Trout for BP, who here doesn't do that trade?

If the answer is "of course you make that trade" then yes, you would consider trading BP. For the right deal.
    For Trout I throw in Votto the Cat and the litter box.

Votto the Cat has a full no trade claws..

I kill me.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

6. Likes:

Always Red (08-29-2013),Larkin Fan (08-29-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-29-2013),Raisor (08-29-2013),reds1869 (08-29-2013),remdog (08-29-2013),RichRed (08-29-2013),Screwball (08-29-2013),texasdave (08-29-2013),Tom Servo (08-29-2013)

Reds fans will have a much better appreciation for BP once he's gone.....even in his 'declining' state.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-29-2013),joshua (08-30-2013),Red in Atl (08-29-2013),remdog (08-29-2013)

i wonder what the reaction would be right now if Cozart, Frazier or Bruce had blown up like BP.

Players getting pissed off at reporters for calling them out when not doing well. As old as the game. What matters is the Reds, including BP, went out and destroyed the Cards and their best pitcher.

That should be the only thing being discussed today. If it wasn't for cameras everywhere, you wouldn't even know about the C Trent/BP blow up. And why should we? We live in a society full of babies, helicopter parents, political correctness, etc.

What a waste of time.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I would trade Joey Votto and Mat Latos in the same deal for the right return. Brandon Phillips isn't off limits, but I don't know that I would actively be trying to move him either.

11. Likes:

Raisor (08-29-2013)

I don't think Phillips contract is that bad. 4 more years after this one at an average of $11/12 million is fair value for an All-Star Gold Glover. He's slightly declining but still a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Like I always say: depends on the return.

I'd trade my mom in the right deal
    She'd trade you in the wrong deal

"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

14. Likes:

Redeyecat (08-29-2013),remdog (08-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    Or will things stay status quo? Just wondering what the temperature is on this.
    If they can get out from under his contract they need to do it. Nothing to do with his outburst he is just not worth that contract

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Agreed. If this had been posted on a different day, I would be all for trading BP for the right return. Unloading that contract would make a huge difference moving forward.

But I guess that the timing of the thread is what spurred my remark. It seems like the OP is responding to BP's off-the-field antics, assuming that they may have pushed some of us over the edge. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems to be the spirit behind the post. And while I'm open to trading BP, his clash with C. Trent does not affect my opinion on the matter.
    I guess it depends on the reaction. Trading BP has always made no sense because he is worth more to the Reds than he is to anyone else due to his popularity here. If that goes away, he is viewed objectively for his on field value compared to cost.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    I don't think Phillips contract is that bad. 4 more years after this one at an average of $11/12 million is fair value for an All-Star Gold Glover. He's slightly declining but still a very good player.
    Next two years we have no better option. Last two years are going to be painful. Don't think BP would honestly have much trade value at this point.

Would we rather have Choo for five more years or Datdude for four more. That's probably the trade-off.

After his bs yesterday, I would be very happy to see him go. Bring up Rodriquez and give him a shot. At least he will keep his mouth shut and play baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    i wonder what the reaction would be right now if Cozart, Frazier or Bruce had blown up like BP.

Players getting pissed off at reporters for calling them out when not doing well. As old as the game. What matters is the Reds, including BP, went out and destroyed the Cards and their best pitcher.

That should be the only thing being discussed today. If it wasn't for cameras everywhere, you wouldn't even know about the C Trent/BP blow up. And why should we? We live in a society full of babies, helicopter parents, political correctness, etc.

What a waste of time.
    That is the point. BP has taken the talk away from baseball and does that on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    After his bs yesterday, I would be very happy to see him go. Bring up Rodriquez and give him a shot. At least he will keep his mouth shut and play baseball.
    Hank Rod is not a replacement for BP. He just isn't.

21. Likes:

Always Red (08-29-2013),Benihana (08-30-2013),Redeyecat (08-29-2013),Revering4Blue (08-29-2013),Tom Servo (08-29-2013)

Turn Off Ads?