Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: More talent: Reds or Cardinals?

Re: More talent: Reds or Cardinals?

You guys don't see Holliday every day as I do. If you did, you would see that most of his big hits come when they are not needed. I just wince when he comes to bat in a game situation. I can honestly say that I would rather see Descalso or Kosma up there!
    Not to mention how much of the team salery he is gobbling up. The guy was making more $ than Pujols (when he was Pujols) for god's sake! He's making more than Yadi who is far and away the more valuable player.

W/O looking it up, I'm guessing that he leads the team in only 2 departments: Strikeouts and GIDP. He can't hit .300 anymore or hit 30 HRs. His defense is the worst on the team. You take him. Give me Luddy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    You guys don't see Holliday every day as I do. If you did, you would see that most of his big hits come when they are not needed. I just wince when he comes to bat in a game situation. I can honestly say that I would rather see Descalso or Kosma up there!
    Not to mention how much of the team salery he is gobbling up. The guy was making more $ than Pujols (when he was Pujols) for god's sake! He's making more than Yadi who is far and away the more valuable player.

W/O looking it up, I'm guessing that he leads the team in only 2 departments: Strikeouts and GIDP. He can't hit .300 anymore or hit 30 HRs. His defense is the worst on the team. You take him. Give me Luddy.
    Crazy. Holliday has been a great player and worth his salary in every year he has been a Cardinal.

Never understand the fans who hate on their own top players.

I see him all the time, and your post is simply laughably incorrect.

Some Holliday career numbers...

Late and Close - .292 BA .880 OPS
    Tie Game - .294 BA .879 OPS
    High Leverage - .292 BA .881 OPS

Ludwick...

Late and Close - .251 BA .781 OPS
    Tie Game - .244 BA .738 OPS
    High Leverage - .292 BA .868 OPS

I would like to know where you guys get those BS stats!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...reer&t=b#clutc
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

7. Likes:

bigredmechanism (05-25-2013)

Should we guess at stats without looking them up, like you did?

A site called baseball reference, which uses actual real gamelogs instead of nonsensical biased opinion like yourself.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    I see him all the time, and your post is simply laughably incorrect.

Some Holliday career numbers...

Late and Close - .292 BA .880 OPS
    Tie Game - .294 BA .879 OPS
    High Leverage - .292 BA .881 OPS

Ludwick...

Late and Close - .251 BA .781 OPS
    Tie Game - .244 BA .738 OPS
    High Leverage - .292 BA .868 OPS
    It's pretty interesting how close all those numbers are.

Your eye test must be failing you....he does not seem like he is what some Reds fans....used to say about Adam Dunn... meaningless hits and homers.

We lost our starting leftfielder and cleanup hitter for the 1st half of the season. Our ace has gone down for a few weeks. Bruce hasn't done anything yet. The Cardinals are playing outstanding baseball and yet we only find ourselves 1.5 games out. I think we're sitting sweet. Deep down, St. Louis fans have to feel the same.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    We lost our starting leftfielder and cleanup hitter for the 1st half of the season. Our ace has gone down for a few weeks. Bruce hasn't done anything yet. The Cardinals are playing outstanding baseball and yet we only find ourselves 1.5 games out. I think we're sitting sweet. Deep down, St. Louis fans have to feel the same.
    Couldn't the exact opposite be said that it has to be frustrating for the Reds to have played so well and still be 1.5 games down? I don't buy into either side gleaning anything of the other from the start of this season except that both teams are very good and will fight for the division for the rest of the season.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

What does BS stand for in this sentence? I tried to figure out what words I could put together to make BS mean "accurate" but couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Garcia's career ERA in 4 years of starting in the majors is 3.33 ERA. His regression would still put him as one of the best left handed starters in baseball. The statistics back that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by smixsell View Post
    Unfortunately for Garcia his periods of "regression" have been growing in duration each season.

We'll see weather he holds to his career ERA this season or not. I predict not. Not a sure thing, but I feel fairly confident in my prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Exactly where are you getting this information or rather what are you even talking about?
    Looks like his "period of ineffectiveness" (in this case TOTAL INEFFECTIVENESS) just got a WHOLE LOT LARGER this season, as I predicted.

Sorry I don't have the time or the inclination to "explain" to you how I knew. Some of us actually do have the power to draw good conclusions from observation and don't feel like taking the time to compile the advanced stats to prove them to everyone in the entire world.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    The problem with the whole Kozma/Cozart debate is that the two are being asked to do two completely different things. All the cards are asking Kozma to do is play solid D and and bat over .220 in the 8th spot.

The reds, on the other hand, are asking Cozart to bat in between Choo and Votto, something he lacks the ability to do.

Who has more talent? Cozart. Who is doing what the team is asking of them? Kozma
    Kozma does not give the cards "solid D". His range is exceptionally bad, as he seldolm gets to any ball hit up the middle. And if they are asking him to just hit .220 (and I'm not sure what you really mean by that), it's becuase they know he sucks and aren't expecting any more from him.

Just becuase everyone has such low expectations of Kozma doesn't somehow elevate him becuase he delivers on such low expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by smixsell View Post
    Looks like his "period of ineffectiveness" (in this case TOTAL INEFFECTIVENESS) just got a WHOLE LOT LARGER this season, as I predicted.

Sorry I don't have the time or the inclination to "explain" to you how I knew. Some of us actually do have the power to draw good conclusions from observation and don't feel like taking the time to compile the advanced stats to prove them to everyone in the entire world.
    You never said anything about periods of ineffectiveness, you claimed regression. And he clearly did not, as his stats are pretty much the same as always.

Nice try though.

Turn Off Ads?