Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I disagree strongly that they're not B1G contenders with Vonleh next year. I wouldn't say they're likely to be favored, but that will be a good deep team next year if Noah comes back.
    Yeah, Blackmon can really really shoot. I think they could certainly be a B1G contender next year.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah, Blackmon can really really shoot. I think they could certainly be a B1G contender next year.
    So can Robert Johnson.

Crean certainly shouldn't be immune to criticism -- I, too question substitution patterns etc. from time-to-time -- but it seems like quite a reach to believe that a team with Vonleh and shooters cannot, at the very least, contend for top honors in the B1G.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote from ESPN, "Indiana's win today was its 10th against a Top-10 opponent since the start of the 2011-12 season. Only Kansas has more in that span."
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-03-2014)

Stat geek...and proud

I just saw Blackmon play Friday night. His team had 2 starters injured so he was double and tripled all night and he still got 20.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Is anyone else out there puzzled by Troy Williams?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Think about what you just typed. Plus, they looked bad last night. IU played like pure poop last night.
    Nebraska was 9-1 at home going into that game...so yeah, they arent bad at home!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Yes. He really should be able to do more both offensively and defensively. He just looks lost way too often.

On the plus side, Stanford Robinson has essentially taken over the role I thought he would be playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Yes, in that he starts but doesnt really get starter minutes. Yesterday was the first day I thought he played about what he should. Williams hasn't played bad this year, he just has some really stupid turnovers sometimes. He is a Freshman tho and it should be expected. It will be interesting to see how hard he works this summer, lets see if the Oladipo comparisons are worthy next fall. I thought it was great when Crean had Marlin in and the crowd went crazy with the boo's. Indiana fans arent stupid. You put some scrubs in during the first half of a close important game, you deserve to get booed. I have supported Crean, but this is getting rediculous, and I think the fans are going to start letting him know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Yes. He really should be able to do more both offensively and defensively. He just looks lost way too often.

On the plus side, Stanford Robinson has essentially taken over the role I thought he would be playing.
    Williams just aint bringing anything to the table. The only positive I see is his rebounding skills. He is a liability for the most part on the offensive end.

Stan is looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Yes, in that he starts but doesnt really get starter minutes. Yesterday was the first day I thought he played about what he should. Williams hasn't played bad this year, he just has some really stupid turnovers sometimes. He is a Freshman tho and it should be expected. It will be interesting to see how hard he works this summer, lets see if the Oladipo comparisons are worthy next fall. I thought it was great when Crean had Marlin in and the crowd went crazy with the boo's. Indiana fans arent stupid. You put some scrubs in during the first half of a close important game, you deserve to get booed. I have supported Crean, but this is getting rediculous, and I think the fans are going to start letting him know about it.
    I still scratch my head about the substitution patterns I have witnessed this year.

TW has a long way to go to reach his potential, but I'm fairly certain that eventually he'll get there. After all, he's only a freshman. As of right now, however, he seems lost in the halfcourt -- all together now: the entire team does at times. Place him in open court situations -- such as utilizing his length at the teeth of pressing/trapping -- and you're in business.

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    TW has a long way to go to reach his potential, but I'm fairly certain that eventually he'll get there. After all, he's only a freshman. As of right now, however, he seems lost in the halfcourt -- all together now: the entire team does at times. Place him in open court situations -- such as utilizing his length at the teeth of pressing/trapping -- and you're in business.
    Interesting comments there Rev.

I still scratch my head about the substitution patterns I have witnessed this year.
    Even the staunchest (is that even a word?) Crean supporters are also scratching their collective heads.

For every brilliant move, such as putting Yogi on Strauskus yesterday, I sometimes wonder if Crean just throws bodies out there, regardless of matchups.

I may be in the minority, but I'm inclined to believe that certain players -- HMP, in particular -- seem to play with a lot of apprehension and are unable to establish any kind of rhythm, fearing that they will immediately get pulled following a miscue. To that end, I'd like to see Vonleh and HMP on the floor together at times in high (Vonleh) low (HMP) sets to alleviate the pressure on Vonleh, as he wouldn't have three players and half of the opposing school's student section hanging on him everytime he touches the ball...and we all know that Vonleh is also one of our most consistent outside shooters.

Sounds like a win-win situation to me.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 02-03-2014 at 12:25 PM.

17. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-03-2014),dubc47834 (02-03-2014)

Interesting comments there Rev.
    I have my moments.

Yeah, just don't understand why CTC doesn't play Hanner along side Noah. But heck this is the same CTC that wasn't playing Stan or Austin earlier in the year.........

Turn Off Ads?