Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

No way he should have been ejected. He didn't try to show up the umpire. It was obvious that he was upset with himself. But this is my opinion

2. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by timmy9985 View Post
    No way he should have been ejected. He didn't try to show up the umpire. It was obvious that he was upset with himself. But this is my opinion
    It's pretty much everyone's opinion. They just had a segment covering the ejection on ESPN Baseball Tonight and the consensus there was also that the umpire made the wrong call (about the ejection).

5. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

I've watched it a few times and can see both sides. I really can't tell if Molina was slamming his helmet because he was mad he made an out or mad he called out. I can understand the ump not being able to tell the difference either.

I'm certainly no Molina fan (although he's a fantastic player!) but he didn't even look at the ump after slamming his helmet down (until he realized he was tossed). I don't think his anger was directed at blue.

I think blue overreacted.

Quote Originally Posted by CARDINALred View Post
    He wasn't tossed for arguing a call, he was tossed because he threw his helmet on the ground in frustration after being robbed by a great play.

And Phillips said what he said because he likes attention; that's really all there is to that.
    BP said what he did because he felt it was true. The Cardinals whine. That is what they do. It doesn't take away from the fact they win a lot and are a great organization. The whining is unnecessary but is just kind of their thing.

The ejection was ridiculous. However, he probably should and will be suspended. The crew chief's opinion is only somewhat relevant. That won't determine whether or not there will be a suspension. Regardless of how slighted he felt, he needs to learn to control himself a little better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by coryfly View Post
    BP said what he did because he felt it was true. The Cardinals whine. That is what they do. It doesn't take away from the fact they win a lot and are a great organization. The whining is unnecessary but is just kind of their thing.

The ejection was ridiculous. However, he probably should and will be suspended. The crew chief's opinion is only somewhat relevant. That won't determine whether or not there will be a suspension. Regardless of how slighted he felt, he needs to learn to control himself a little better than that.
    I definitely agree with you on that last sentence.

Everything else is just a bunch of bologna cooked up to fit some narrative you Reds fans have concocted to feel good about hating on the Cards, sorry. Seriously, I never see any fanbase whine about the way the Cardinals supposedly whine the way you all do.
    Last edited by CARDINALred; 06-02-2013 at 09:47 PM.

10. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

Not according to the Crew Chief.
    Welcome to Redszone. That sig is asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Welcome to Redszone. That sig is asking for trouble.
    Thanks. Now that I look at it, it is pretty ridiculous. I suppose I could tone it down a bit.

I definitely agree with you on that last sentence.

Everything else is just a bunch of bologna cooked up to fit some narrative you Reds fans have concocted to feel good about hating on the Cards, sorry. Seriously, I never see any fanbase whine about the way the Cardinals supposedly whine the way you all do.
    I agree with what you agreed with me about. Everything else is your justification for the fact your team whines like hell all the time. I get it. We all generally justify things to fit our 'narrative'. However, your statement seems to insinuate what I said is not true when it is. They complain about things more than other teams, thus justifying rival fans running with it. We are fans. Fans are supposed to take shots at their rivals. That has noting to do with the fact the Cards are perpetual whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by coryfly View Post
    I agree with what you agreed with me about. Everything else is your justification for the fact your team whines like hell all the time. I get it. We all generally justify things to fit our 'narrative'. However, your statement seems to insinuate what I said is not true when it is. They complain about things more than other teams, thus justifying rival fans running with it. We are fans. Fans are supposed to take shots at their rivals. That has noting to do with the fact the Cards are perpetual whiners.
    Ugh. Whatever.
    Last edited by CARDINALred; 06-02-2013 at 11:57 PM.

All I can think of with this thread is who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by timmy9985 View Post
    This!

Itīs sports. And as in every sport there are emotions. Thank God. Molina didnīt hiss and cuss at the ump. Let players show their emotions as long as these are in check.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarftree View Post
    This!

Itīs sports. And as in every sport there are emotions. Thank God. Molina didnīt hiss and cuss at the ump. Let players show their emotions as long as these are in check.
    OK. Throwing equipment (like a spoiled 5-yr-old brat) is a acceptable way to display emotions? I do not agree. It is childish. There is also a risk of another player, an umpire or possibly a fan being hit with the equipment once is has been thrown (by a grown child).

Throwing euipment is childish (have I said this?). When children do it in little league, they are immediately ejected from the game. As they should be. So why do some of us feel it is OK to do it if you are an adult, but not OK to do it as a child? Because we are trying to teach children the proper way to behave and act in society? Interesting, isn't it?

I say GROW UP, big leaguers. Act like an adult and not a spoiled brat. Do not risk hurting other people and making yourself look like a baby. And do not risk a possible ejection from the game... another interesting concept, isn't it (I do not throw equipment, things kids are not allowed to do, and I do not get ejected)?

Emotions are fine. Throwing quipment to let emotions out is not OK. There are right and wrong ways to handle things. Throwing equipment is NEVER the right way to show emotions. Arguing that it is is so silly that it does not deserve reply. Grow up and act like an adult.

18. Likes:

CySeymour (06-03-2013),RBA (06-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    OK. Throwing equipment (like a spoiled 5-yr-old brat) is a acceptable way to display emotions? I do not agree. It is childish. There is also a risk of another player, an umpire or possibly a fan being hit with the equipment once is has been thrown (by a grown child).

Throwing euipment is childish (have I said this?). When children do it in little league, they are immediately ejected from the game. As they should be. So why do some of us feel it is OK to do it if you are an adult, but not OK to do it as a child? Because we are trying to teach children the proper way to behave and act in society? Interesting, isn't it?

I say GROW UP, big leaguers. Act like an adult and not a spoiled brat. Do not risk hurting other people and making yourself look like a baby. And do not risk a possible ejection from the game... another interesting concept, isn't it (I do not throw equipment, things kids are not allowed to do, and I do not get ejected)?

Emotions are fine. Throwing quipment to let emotions out is not OK. There are right and wrong ways to handle things. Throwing equipment is NEVER the right way to show emotions. Arguing that it is is so silly that it does not deserve reply. Grow up and act like an adult.
    Well said. I endorse this message.

I am surprised he was thrown out to be honest. How many times have you seen a player get thrown out and slam their helmet out of frustration? At the time, the UMP didnt know if he was pissed at the call or just frustrated with himself not getting a base hit

Turn Off Ads?