Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion

He apparently was arrested for "mouthing off".

I'll wait and see before I permanently condemn Pacman.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The proposed Haden trade and our draft needs going into next year got me to thinking- whoever is responsible for the Bengals defensive drafting the last three years (ahem, Marvin) needs to be replaced:

2011 third round: Dontay Moch
    2011 fifth round: Robert Sands

2012 first round: Dre Kirkpatrick
    2012 second round: Devon Still
    2012 third round: Brandon Thompson
    2012 fifth round: Shaun Prater

2013 second round: Margus Hunt
    2013 third round: Shawn Williams
    2013 fourth round: Sean Porter (who?!)

I'm not advocating giving up on anyone from 2013 too soon, but jesus, we have gotten literally ZERO production out of NINE guys who were drafted in the top 5 rounds the last THREE years. We haven't gotten ANYTHING. Not even good practices! It is even more amazing we have as good of a defense as we do - more credit to Zimmer. There is no one I am omitting here that was drafted in the top 5 rounds in the last 3 years to play defense, this is the list. What. the. hell?!
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post

I won't. Where there is smoke, there is fire. It's not like it's the same police officer that keeps arresting him over and over again. When you're already in that much hot water and have that much on the line, keep your mouth shut. Completely shut. Don't be out past 2am. Don't be at bars (at least during the season). Don't be out driving around with people who are intoxicated. It's really not that hard.

I commend him for his play yesterday. I condemn him for his lifestyle choices, especially at this point. Trade for Haden and release this bum.
    Go BLUE!!!

You don't get arrested for anything if you aren't cruising around at 2:30 a.m. He may not have deserved an arrest, but it's hard to feel bad for the guy when he perpetually seems to find bad situations despite all the reform rhetoric.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I'm not waiting for anything. He's had seven previous arrests and still can't keep his mouth shut when a police officer is present? He also allegedly wouldn't agree to a breathalyzer (again, not a first). This garbage never should have been in a Bengals uniform to begin with.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Yeah I'm not going to condemn a guy for living his life. Going to a bar doesn't make you an instant criminal.

And btw, Pacman wasn't "arrested", he received a citation. I.e., he got a ticket.

At least he didn't take a champagne bottle to the skull from a stripper ala Jacoby Jones.

It ain't a party until someone gets hit with a bottle of Ace of Spades.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Yeah I'm not going to condemn a guy for living his life. Going to a bar doesn't make you an instant criminal.

And btw, Pacman wasn't "arrested", he received a citation. I.e., he got a ticket.
    So how many run-ins with the law does he have to get in before you take a stance? 10-15? Is that really what you consider a guy "living his life"?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I won't. Where there is smoke, there is fire. It's not like it's the same police officer that keeps arresting him over and over again. When you're already in that much hot water and have that much on the line, keep your mouth shut. Completely shut. Don't be out past 2am. Don't be at bars (at least during the season). Don't be out driving around with people who are intoxicated. It's really not that hard.

I commend him for his play yesterday. I condemn him for his lifestyle choices, especially at this point. Trade for Haden and release this bum.
    I would wait till the facts are out. Disorderly Conduct, along with Obstructing Official Business, is a charge commonly abused by police to give them an excuse to arrest someone. I've had clients get arrested for DOC or OOB for silly stuff such as telling someone they have a constitutional right not to talk to police or videotaping police and refusing to shut off the camera. Some officers use those charges as an excuse to arrest someone for doing something they don't like, even if it's perfectly legal. My guess is that, unless he did something likee pick a fight with someone, it will get dismissed or plead out for fines and costs. If they arrested him for "mouthing off," there may be a first amendment issue. You're allowed to tell the police off, as long as it's within certain bounds (no threats or attempts to incite others).
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

12. Likes:

dougdirt (09-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I would wait till the facts are out. Disorderly Conduct, along with Obstructing Official Business, is a charge commonly abused by police to give them an excuse to arrest someone. I've had clients get arrested for DOC or OOB for silly stuff such as telling someone they have a constitutional right not to talk to police or videotaping police and refusing to shut off the camera. Some officers use those charges as an excuse to arrest someone for doing something they don't like, even if it's perfectly legal. My guess is that, unless he did something like pick a fight with someone, it will get dismissed or plead out for fines and costs. If they arrested him for "mouthing off," there may be a first amendment issue. You're allowed to tell the police off, as long as it's within certain bounds (no threats or attempts to incite others).
    They said on ESPN earlier that he also refused a sobriety test. Is that just a man living his life too? Sorry, but Pacman is trash and should have been out of the league years ago. He should be jailed for his nickname alone.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I think you'll have to clarify what you mean. I certainly agree that he should show measurable improvement over his first two years, but I don't see how there's an Andy Dalton referendum. It's not like we're talking about guys like Locker, Freeman, Weeden, or Gabbert.
    He's got to "have a good year" and I think your definition is a good one. If he continues to throw throw picks, fumble and overthrow open WRs then his critics have a case. I'm not expecting him to be Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. Only Alex Smith. Look at what Smith has done this year. Three games: no INTs, no fumbles. That's the definition of a game manager if I've ever seen one. Simply put: Dalton is not Alex Smith yet. But he'd better get there this year because he has a lot more to work with than Smith does at KC

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He's got to "have a good year" and I think your definition is a good one. If he continues to throw throw picks, fumble and overthrow open WRs then his critics have a case. I'm not expecting him to be Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. Only Alex Smith. Look at what Smith has done this year. Three games: no INTs, no fumbles. That's the definition of a game manager if I've ever seen one. Simply put: Dalton is not Alex Smith yet. But he'd better get there this year because he has a lot more to work with than Smith does at KC
    The improvement I want to see from Dalton are, pocket presence, accuracy, better redzone production and a playoff win. IMO, those areas are the difference between where he is now and where he needs to be in order to take the team to the next level.

16. Likes:

Sea Ray (09-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    The proposed Haden trade and our draft needs going into next year got me to thinking- whoever is responsible for the Bengals defensive drafting the last three years (ahem, Marvin) needs to be replaced:

2011 third round: Dontay Moch
    2011 fifth round: Robert Sands

2012 first round: Dre Kirkpatrick
    2012 second round: Devon Still
    2012 third round: Brandon Thompson
    2012 fifth round: Shaun Prater

2013 second round: Margus Hunt
    2013 third round: Shawn Williams
    2013 fourth round: Sean Porter (who?!)

I'm not advocating giving up on anyone from 2013 too soon, but jesus, we have gotten literally ZERO production out of NINE guys who were drafted in the top 5 rounds the last THREE years. We haven't gotten ANYTHING. Not even good practices! It is even more amazing we have as good of a defense as we do - more credit to Zimmer. There is no one I am omitting here that was drafted in the top 5 rounds in the last 3 years to play defense, this is the list. What. the. hell?!
    Moch, Kirkpatrick, Prater and Porter have all had injury problems. It's a little early to give up on Hunt and Williams. Hunt was drafted with the expectation that he wouldn't contribute much this year. Still and Thompson are stuck behind elite DTs. Most analysts would say that the Bengals have been one of the best drafting teams over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    They said on ESPN earlier that he also refused a sobriety test. Is that just a man living his life too? Sorry, but Pacman is trash and should have been out of the league years ago. He should be jailed for his nickname alone.
    I agree that the amount of run-ins with the law are too plentiful to not indicate a problem, but this is a bit much. He wasnt driving and was well within his rights to refuse a sobriety test.

Turn Off Ads?