Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Re: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Been busy most of the weekend...

Have their been any developments to note?
    Based on what I have read over at TBK, the expectations to land John Wall have fallen off to about even with Miami. I do think if Jodie ends up coming back for an extra year it will help our chances.

Don't expect a decision on Wednesday though. The longer it drags out, the better it looks for Miami. Duke is a non-factor right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

According to this Wall says he has not committed. The soap opera continues........
    http://www.zagsblog.com/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

SI has confirmed Wall to UK and also ESPN and many others. It looks like Wall will be a Cat.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...cky/index.html
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    According to this Wall says he has not committed. The soap opera continues........
    http://www.zagsblog.com/
    It's official, he is coming to Kentucky.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Wow, I felt good about IU's class but this is just another level. Or another level above another level.

Good thing there's only one ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That will be the interesting part. Juggling egos and playing time will take a terrific coaching job by Cal. Terrific class. Now he has set the bar high and UK fans will expect this every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Wow, I felt good about IU's class but this is just another level. Or another level above another level.

I believe IU is going to land Kyrie Irving for their 2010 class. That will be a major coup for Crean. Look for him to explode and possibly be the number one or two PG in the nation. He has everything Wall has, and can shoot.

Since I have always felt the NBA (especially the draft) is rigged, does anybody want to pencil in the Bobcats for the no 1 overall pick in next years draft?

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    That will be the interesting part. Juggling egos and playing time will take a terrific coaching job by Cal. Terrific class. Now he has set the bar high and UK fans will expect this every year.
    The only ego that I am really concerned about with UK is DeMarcus Cousins. I watched him play against Bledsoe's HS team in the state semi's. The announcers really harped on how he carried himself like he was just waiting to get to the pro's. He will be starting but likely will not be an overall focal point.

I'm not worried about Bledsoe and Orton because they know their roles coming in. They will both get limited minutes (Bledsoe likely more than Orton)

The seniors are the ones I look for to get the Michael Talley treatment. Ramon Harris and Perry Stevenson were our starters and it is possible that they might not see the floor this season except in cleanup duty.

I'm not getting ahead of myself. Despite the talent, this is still a YOUNG team coming in playing for a new coach instilling a new complex offense with some players now playing for their third head coach. This team could be special, but there will be some bumps and bruises along the way.

Another thing to consider, only two freshmen PG's have ever led their school to win a national championship. Mike Bibby did it in 1997 and Gerry McNamara did it in 2003.

I like UK's chances next season, but only if they don't end up meeting Kansas somewhere along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I believe IU is going to land Kyrie Irving for their 2010 class. That will be a major coup for Crean. Look for him to explode and possibly be the number one or two PG in the nation. He has everything Wall has, and can shoot.
    I hold out hope that Crean will land Irving but I'm not as confident as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I hold out hope that Crean will land Irving but I'm not as confident as you are.
    I think it depends on two things:

1. Will Kentucky get Brandon Knight?

2. If the above does not happen, can Kentucky get Irving on campus for a visit?

Either way, from what I have read, there is one thing that does benefit Indiana, and that is academics. He is looking to study journalism and IU is one of the best in the nation.

Academics is going to be something Kentucky is going to have a disadvantage in. Two players that I would love to have (Irving and Barnes) are both looking for academics and IU and Duke are the favorites.

The only ego that I am really concerned about with UK is DeMarcus Cousins. I watched him play against Bledsoe's HS team in the state semi's. The announcers really harped on how he carried himself like he was just waiting to get to the pro's. He will be starting but likely will not be an overall focal point.

I'm not worried about Bledsoe and Orton because they know their roles coming in. They will both get limited minutes (Bledsoe likely more than Orton)

The seniors are the ones I look for to get the Michael Talley treatment. Ramon Harris and Perry Stevenson were our starters and it is possible that they might not see the floor this season except in cleanup duty.

I'm not getting ahead of myself. Despite the talent, this is still a YOUNG team coming in playing for a new coach instilling a new complex offense with some players now playing for their third head coach. This team could be special, but there will be some bumps and bruises along the way.

Another thing to consider, only two freshmen PG's have ever led their school to win a national championship. Mike Bibby did it in 1997 and Gerry McNamara did it in 2003.

I like UK's chances next season, but only if they don't end up meeting Kansas somewhere along the way.
    Great analysis. They could be really good, if not elite, by the end of the season if Calipari can navigate the team through the inevitable troubles of a young team.

In other news, Rod Strickland was named as the third assistant.

Twitter message from Cal:

"This is unbelievable. Tomorrow we will !#$@+&%# that %&$* %&:; has $@~'%# to *2$( at %&%#&%$. Can u believe this!"

Makes me wonder if he has tourettes. I believe it is Tomorrow we will announce that John Wall has announced to play at Kentucky.

Twitter message from Cal:

"This is unbelievable. Tomorrow we will !#$@+&%# that %&$* %&:; has $@~'%# to *2$( at %&%#&%$. Can u believe this!"

Makes me wonder if he has tourettes. I believe it is Tomorrow we will announce that John Wall has announced to play at Kentucky.
    That, in my mind, is proof that he has some student manager maintain his twitter account. Surely he is not that juvenile.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. I'm willing to bet that most if not all of the coaches hand off the "new technology" media to the students they have working for them.

Turn Off Ads?