Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Opening Day!

Opening Day!

Reds will be hosting the LA Angels for opening day!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opening Day!

April could be a tough month for the Reds.

28 games:
    7 vs. Washington
    5 vs. St. Louis
    4 vs. Miami
    3 vs. Philadelphia
    3 vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (The Angels Angels of Anaheim)
    3 vs. Pittsburgh
    3 vs. Chicago Cubs

As of now that would be just 7 games versus teams with losing records.

old news...but nice thread to start

I am looking forward to the Oakland series in early august...gonna jump on those tickets early for visitors side...gotta see the beast Cespedes. Maybe I'll wear my cespedes jersey and a Reds cap.
    "Why you going to the Airport; flying somewhere?"

Granted the games will be exciting next year, I think that interleague play should only happen between the NL and AL champs and they play 4-7 games in late October.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    Granted the games will be exciting next year, I think that interleague play should only happen between the NL and AL champs and they play 4-7 games in late October.
    I like this new interleague idea. I just wish both leagues would play with the same rules. Either all DH or no DH. It would be like if half the NFL didnt use kickers and the other half did. Or if half the NBA played with a 3 point line and the other half didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    I like this new interleague idea. I just wish both leagues would play with the same rules. Either all DH or no DH. It would be like if half the NFL didnt use kickers and the other half did. Or if half the NBA played with a 3 point line and the other half didnt.
    I dislike the DH in baseball, but I like the split between AL and NL using it. It strengthens the idea of two separate leagues.

What I don't like about it is that baseball is a completely different game with the DH. What is wrong with the pitcher batting? He is just as much part of the game as the other 8 position players, so he gets a chance to swing the bat. 99% of the time he's not going to be a great hitter but that's when lineup construction comes into play. With a DH there's much less strategy, and although there are opposing viewpoints on it, I find it less exciting. (I find a baseball scheme/strategy to be much more exciting than having an overweight dude hit the ball far. If he can't field then the team suffers from that but benefits from his hitting skills)

Also, someone made a lot of money increasing interleague play and spacing it out throughout the season. Sigh.

Turn Off Ads?