Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Blue Jays Acquiring J.Reyes, J.Johnson and M.Buerhle

Re: Blue Jays Acquiring J.Reyes, J.Johnson and M.Buerhle

The competition for Stanton would be outrageous. The only thing that would separate a Reds offer from any other team's would be Chapman -- the most celebrated Cuban player and hardest thrower on the planet. In Miami, that plays. That's the deal, and the only deal, the Reds could make, IMO.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    The competition for Stanton would be outrageous. The only thing that would separate a Reds offer from any other team's would be Chapman -- the most celebrated Cuban player and hardest thrower on the planet. In Miami, that plays. That's the deal, and the only deal, the Reds could make, IMO.
    Yep, agreed.
    Go BLUE!!!

I'm not sure the Marlins want Chapman's contract though.

I'd be willing to back up the truck for Stanton, but I would really prefer to keep Frasier though. If Frasier is traded, we're going to likely end up with a Cairo type guy playing 3b every day. Probably still a net gain, but there'd be a big dropoff at 3b.. Decent 3b are hard to find.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I'm not sure the Marlins want Chapman's contract though.
    Then let them choose Stephenson or Frazier.

I'd be willing to back up the truck for Stanton, but I would really prefer to keep Frasier though. If Frasier is traded, we're going to likely end up with a Cairo type guy playing 3b every day. Probably still a net gain, but there'd be a big dropoff at 3b.. Decent 3b are hard to find.
    Reds would still conceivably have room to sign one short-term FA. Kevin Youkilis would be my choice.

2B Phillips
    3B Youkilis
    1B Votto
    LF Stanton
    RF Bruce
    C Mesigan
    SS Cozart
    CF Stubbs/LHH (Sizemore?)

World Series.
    Go BLUE!!!

Apparently Mike Hargrove is a candidate for the Toronto managerial job, a much better choice than any of the other names floated.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Reds would still conceivably have room to sign one short-term FA. Kevin Youkilis would be my choice.
    True.. If push came to shove, I would certainly give up Frasier for Stanton.

I would actually give them Stephenson or any minor league pitcher before Chapman if possible.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Then let them choose Stephenson or Frazier.

2B Phillips
    3B Youkilis
    1B Votto
    LF Stanton
    RF Bruce
    C Mesigan
    SS Cozart
    CF Stubbs/LHH (Sizemore?)

World Series.
    A very good team certainly increases your chances of making the playoffs, but nothing guarantees making the world series.

So the Jays are rehiring John Gibbons, he of "this is a sinking ship" incident with Shea Hillenbrand and fighting Ted Lilly in the clubhouse hallway fame.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 11-20-2012 at 04:01 AM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Although I'd prefer not to deal Chapman at this point, Stanton is probably one of the few players that if the other team said Chapman I wouldn't balk.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Wonder if the Jays would have any interest in dealing Bonafacio? Bonafacio to me is the perfect fit for alot of what ails the Reds.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Bonifacio looks to be their starting 2B, so he's not likely to be dealt.

However, both Anthony Gose and Moises Sierra are, right now, on the outside looking in. I'm guessing both are going to be in Toronto quite quickly, so a deal for Colby Rasmus makes sense.

He's right now a step down from Bonifacio, but could really provide some great numbers if he can rekindle the magic he had in 2010. I could see a Logan Ondrusek/ Drew Stubbs for Rasmus swap.

And I'd do that, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

However, both Anthony Gose and Moises Sierra are, right now, on the outside looking in. I'm guessing both are going to be in Toronto quite quickly, so a deal for Colby Rasmus makes sense.
    Yeah, Bonifacio isn't going anywhere. It's not like he was an all-out salary dump as he had one of the most manageable contracts of all the players the Marlins traded. But I have more faith in Denis Phipps than Moises Sierra. Although it should be interesting to see what happens with Gose though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

He's right now a step down from Bonifacio, but could really provide some great numbers if he can rekindle the magic he had in 2010. I could see a Logan Ondrusek/ Drew Stubbs for Rasmus swap.

And I'd do that, for sure.
    Why in the world would the Jays deal Rasmus for Ondrusek and Stubbs? I'd just as soon cut a guy than get those two back. I get the logic for the Jays dealing Rasmus, but I'm sure they could get a better deal than that from just about any of the 28 other teams.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Why in the world would the Jays deal Rasmus for Ondrusek and Stubbs? I'd just as soon cut a guy than get those two back. I get the logic for the Jays dealing Rasmus, but I'm sure they could get a better deal than that from just about any of the 28 other teams.
    Perhaps and i'm just throwing this out there but perhaps the Jays may see some worth in Ondrusek like Philly did at midseason. And as far as Stubbs goes they might think he could be a their next Bautista or EE project. I don't doubt for a second that Victorino for Ondrusek was the deal the Reds passed on considering the deal that was eventually made for Victorino.

All that said Bonafacio is the right target for the Reds and the Jays have Kelly johnson still, perhaps they can be persuaded to roll the dice in that area for an improvement elsewhere.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Perhaps and i'm just throwing this out there but perhaps the Jays may see some worth in Ondrusek like Philly did at midseason. And as far as Stubbs goes they might think he could be a their next Bautista or EE project. I don't doubt for a second that Victorino for Ondrusek was the deal the Reds passed on considering the deal that was eventually made for Victorino.

All that said Bonafacio is the right target for the Reds and the Jays have Kelly johnson still, perhaps they can be persuaded to roll the dice in that area for an improvement elsewhere.

Even if it was Ondrusek for Victorino, that was about dumping money for Philly. It wouldn't be the same with Rasmus.

Johnson is a Free Agent. I doubt that that the Jays have any intention of dealing Bonafacio.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?