Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor thread

Re: Trade rumor thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Mike Leake for Trumbo and Bourjos - get it done, Walt
    What is the fascination with a guy with a career OBP of .299 and poor defense? Please no Trumbo! And we had Peter Bourjos once...a guy by the name of Drew Stubbs.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

2. Likes:

757690 (10-29-2013),CoachBombay (11-06-2013),Edd Roush (10-29-2013),hebroncougar (10-29-2013),joshua (10-29-2013),marcshoe (10-29-2013),mth123 (10-29-2013),Old school 1983 (10-29-2013),Tom Servo (10-29-2013),TRF (10-29-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    I don't think Leake is enough ... the Angels are looking to move Kendricks as well.

I think there's a deal to be had with Halos. Phillips, Bailey and Chapman could be pieces they're are interested in.
    I think Ludwick, Phillips and Leake for Trumbo, Bourjos and Kendrick does make some sense for both sides, although I'd want a pretty good prospect as well- say a Taylor Lindsey or even Kaleb Cowart coming off a disappointing year.

That would allow us to definitely make a qualifying offer to Arroyo, probably bring back Choo and still sign Latos and/or Bailey long-term.

Personally, I'd rather do a deal with the Dodgers around Kemp, the Rangers around Profar, or even hang onto Phillips, but for those clamoring for salary relief and payflex, there is your deal.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I think Ludwick, Phillips and Leake for Trumbo, Bourjos and Kendrick does make some sense for both sides, although I'd want a pretty good prospect as well- say a Taylor Lindsey or even Kaleb Cowart coming off a disappointing year.

That would allow us to definitely make a qualifying offer to Arroyo, probably bring back Choo and still sign Latos and/or Bailey long-term.

Personally, I'd rather do a deal with the Dodgers around Kemp, the Rangers around Profar, or even hang onto Phillips, but for those clamoring for salary relief and payflex, there is your deal.
    I'm really not seeing how that betters the reds. LF will have a lower ops, our rotation will take a hit, bourjos has speed, but so does Hamilton so we have that in system. Kendrick has a higher ops than Phillips, but once D is added in and the fact BP was playing hurt, then that's about a wash. I like a lot if your trade ideas, but I'm just not seeing how the reds benefit from this one.

The Reds have no need for Bourjos. They have a faster, younger, more electric version named Billy Hamilton.

I'll pass on Trumbo as well. Reds need thump but not at the expense of defense, OB% and baserunning.

I do like the idea of a Phillips-Kendrick swap built around a few other pieces of need for each team, but I'm not seeing a deal with any of the other guys LAA is shopping.

From MLBTraderumors:

**Yankees third baseman Kevin Youkilis is healthy and ready to test the free agent market once more, agent Joe Bick tells Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News. The 35-year-old was a bust for the Yanks, who got 28 games off subpar production from him at a cost of $12MM

Any interest on a gamble that he could return to form? Would probably only cost 3-4 million.

8. Likes:

CoachBombay (11-06-2013),Edd Roush (10-29-2013)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I posted this idea in another thread:

Royals get:
    BP
    Lottery ticket like Guillon

Rangers get:
    Billy Butler (from KCR)
    Homer Bailey

Reds get:
    Jurickson Profar (from TEX)
    Christian Colon (from KCR)
    Craig Gentry (from TEX)
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    What is the fascination with a guy with a career OBP of .299 and poor defense? Please no Trumbo! And we had Peter Bourjos once...a guy by the name of Drew Stubbs.
    I am not facisnated with him, but if the reds are able to get 30+ home runs from the right side of the plate and a good defensive outfielder for a 5th starter - do it. If it were the same trade for Homer Bailey I would scream bloody murder.

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    I appreciate the table you posted but do you have any comments concerning it or am I just expected to assume what your point is?

Yes, I understand on base skills are very important. The problem is it will be difficult to trade Mike Leake for a high obp hitter. Trading Mike Leake for a left fielder who hit 30 home runs in back to back seasons though + a good defensive outfielder in Bourgos sounds good to me.

Trumbo had a .234 BA last year, which played a big part in how low his OBP was last year. Frankly, I don't want any more poor hitters in this lineup. We have enough of them already.

14. Likes:

757690 (10-29-2013),CoachBombay (11-06-2013),wlf WV (10-30-2013)

Don't want Trumbo, I'd take Boujos in the right deal. Halos are desperate for pitching. I think if Walt's dead set on ditching on BP, then Kendrick's name should come up.

This is from the Star-Telegram:

Profar was in the lineup often this season, but not every day as the Rangers’ super-utility man. Incumbents Ian Kinsler and Elvis Andrus continued to get the majority of the playing time, and rightfully so.

But the Rangers want Profar to play every day in 2014, at one position, and something is going to have to give to make that happen. Though Kinsler still has four years and $62 million remaining on his contract, if any Rangers player is going to be traded his off-season, it’s him.

The Rangers might have to eat as much as half of the money owed to their three-time All-Star to move him, and other teams in need of a second baseman might first try to get free agent Robinson Cano and Cincinnati’s Brandon Phillips, who is said to be available.

If Kinsler isn’t traded, the Rangers think they can get Profar regular at-bats with the same role he had in 2013. But the preferred route is regular at-bats at second base, one of several positions in flux as the Rangers reshape the roster the next few months.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/10...#storylink=cpy
    I agree with the sentiments from this Dallas paper.

* Profar will cost a ton (not just Bailey)
    * Kinsler could be moved (yay! come to Cincinnati!)
    * Profar will play 2b due to Andrus (who has an awful contract)

And I guess Profar is hitting near .500 in the summer league. He's going to be good and he's going to be a Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    This is from the Star-Telegram:

I agree with the sentiments from this Dallas paper.

* Profar will cost a ton (not just Bailey)
    * Kinsler could be moved (yay! come to Cincinnati!)
    * Profar will play 2b due to Andrus (who has an awful contract)
    I see the Rangers alot. That rotation is thin. Darvish is an uber-stud, Holland is more than solid. After that you have a very young Martin and zip. A lot of question marks and guys returning from serious arm injuries. Bailey makes a ton of sense for them. Pitchers that switch leagues generally do better than hitters that do the same. Bailey is better than Holland, slots in as a #2 in that rotation, and makes that rotation stack up with the A's a lot better. The problem with shipping Kinsler is he has some health issues. A team getting him will demand the Rangers eat a lot of that contract, give them almost next to nothing in return or both. Plus he plays in a hitter's park and he hasn't really hit for the last two seasons. He's a plus defender, but I wouldn't trade Bailey for him. You don't get any payroll relief in that move, and it necessitates a BP trade. I'm not weakening the Reds rotation for a lateral move at 2B defensively, and a marginal offensive upgrade while adding 62M to the payroll. It doesn't make baseball or fiscal sense.

No, it has to be Profar, or there really is no fit. Plus the Rangers have another problem to deal with... Nelson Cruz. If they go after him, there is a logjam in the OF. Rios is signed through 2014 with a club option for 2015. So what to do with Leonys Martin and David Murphy? Murphy is expendable, but they love Martin's defense. And then there is Gentry.

The most likely scenario for the Rangers keeping Profar is to move either Gentry or Kinsler (probably Kinsler) to 1B. Profar goes to 2B. If they sign Cruz, very possible, then target Gentry for a far lesser player than Bailey and put him in LF.

But you start the conversation with Bailey for Profar. They might bite. Bailey is exactly what the Rangers need. He's also exactly what the Reds need.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I see the Rangers alot. That rotation is thin. Darvish is an uber-stud, Holland is more than solid. After that you have a very young Martin and zip. A lot of question marks and guys returning from serious arm injuries. Bailey makes a ton of sense for them. Pitchers that switch leagues generally do better than hitters that do the same. Bailey is better than Holland, slots in as a #2 in that rotation, and makes that rotation stack up with the A's a lot better. The problem with shipping Kinsler is he has some health issues. A team getting him will demand the Rangers eat a lot of that contract, give them almost next to nothing in return or both. Plus he plays in a hitter's park and he hasn't really hit for the last two seasons. He's a plus defender, but I wouldn't trade Bailey for him. You don't get any payroll relief in that move, and it necessitates a BP trade. I'm not weakening the Reds rotation for a lateral move at 2B defensively, and a marginal offensive upgrade while adding 62M to the payroll. It doesn't make baseball or fiscal sense.

No, it has to be Profar, or there really is no fit. Plus the Rangers have another problem to deal with... Nelson Cruz. If they go after him, there is a logjam in the OF. Rios is signed through 2014 with a club option for 2015. So what to do with Leonys Martin and David Murphy? Murphy is expendable, but they love Martin's defense. And then there is Gentry.

The most likely scenario for the Rangers keeping Profar is to move either Gentry or Kinsler (probably Kinsler) to 1B. Profar goes to 2B. If they sign Cruz, very possible, then target Gentry for a far lesser player than Bailey and put him in LF.

But you start the conversation with Bailey for Profar. They might bite. Bailey is exactly what the Rangers need. He's also exactly what the Reds need.
    If Profar is the bait, they are fishing for Price, who has 2 years of control, or other similar higher valued pitchers. Bailey would need to be their darling, who they would be satisfied garnering an extension window to add 3-5 years to his new contract. There are actually a few options for pitching out there that would allow them to keep Profar and acquire an equal or better pitcher than Bailey.

The Kinsler vs Phillips debate is going to favor Kinsler offensively by a lot and Phillips defensively by a lot, although Kinsler isn't bad defensively. If you're looking to make a change, Kinsler is a higher end bat that could provide more consistency than even Phillips. If Phillips is going elsewhere, I'm praying for Kinsler, especially if they're eating some of the money. Bailey for Kinsler makes some sense to me. Bailey for Profar sounds nice, but it's just the start of what the Reds would need to give up. Maybe Bailey and Mez (the odd couple).

Turn Off Ads?