Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How i screwed everything up.

Re: How i screwed everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Go home pal. You're compounding mistakes with bad decisions now and you're rationalizing it to boot.
    Agreed.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'm not needed.
    Not true. And if your wife wants to be close to your daughter then offer to sleep on the couch while she takes the bedroom.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

TRF, if you truly want to be selfless and do what is best for your kids (and to give them a good example), you will go back home and you will be with them. Leaving and living in a rest stop isn't noble and it isn't selfless. BE STRONG AND DON'T LEAVE! You will thank yourself a million times for it in the future. Trust!

I'd been expecting it for some time, but my wife finally came home tonight and told me that she'd met someone and will be moving out in August.

The difference between you and I, TRF, is that I've been through this before, and I've become numb to it. Seriously, there's very little feeling or emotion left in my body, which probably isn't a good thing.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Trying to get through tomorrow. Checking in to a place on Monday. Meds aren't helping.
    TRF,

You're expecting too much, too fast from your meds. With Pristiq, it takes 30 to 45 days for the drug to build up enough in your system and start working. This is something that your doctor should have warned you about. Don't abandon the meds. It's essential that you KEEP TAKING THEM.

Right now, you're not capable of making rational decisions. Your reasoning for leaving is that your daughter needs her mom. But that's where you're wrong. She needs BOTH of you. Furthermore, living in a rest stop is not the best thing for anyone right now. It's only going to complicate things further for you. If you were thinking rationally, you would see this.

I urge you to follow Raisor's advice. He's been through it and he knows what he's talking about. Checking yourself into a hospital is the best possible thing you can do for yourself right now. They can do things that will help you get through this, while you're waiting for the anti-depressant to take effect. Amarillo has the Northwest Texas Healthcare System, which has a special unit known as The Pavilion to deal with behavorial health issues. Their phone number is 800-537-2585 or 806-354-1810. Please call them. Let them help you through this and get yourself on solid ground again so that you can deal with things and address everything that you have facing you with a clear and rational mind. Please make that call, TRF. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for your daughter.
    Last edited by Larkin Fan; 04-17-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I'd been expecting it for some time, but my wife finally came home tonight and told me that she'd met someone and will be moving out in August.

The difference between you and I, TRF, is that I've been through this before, and I've become numb to it. Seriously, there's very little feeling or emotion left in my body, which probably isn't a good thing.
    I wish there was something I could say. But I'm empty.

I'm so sorry.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Listen to Larkin Fan, he's giving you great advice.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I'm sorry
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I'm sorry
    I have been following this thread as I am also going through a (fortunately childless) divorce as well, and I do not like this post. Don't do something stupid. Please post and let us know you are OK. And please think about your daughter. You have to get better for her. You have to.

TRF, your human like everyone else. We are flawed beings and make mistakes. There are always ups and downs in life.

My dad took me fishing for my 13th birthday. Fishing off the pier at Reelfoot Lake near where we lived. I'm now planning my dad's 80th birthday party. Don't let your daughter miss out on having her father in her life. You really don't want to do that to her.

Call the numbers LarkinFan provided. Call your therapist. Let them help you get through this.

What a wimp. So she's not strong enough to move out (on her own) unless there's someone else? She must be a very weak person. As I recall this isn't the first time she's left you for someone else
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 04-17-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What a wimp. So she's not strong enough to move out (on her own) unless there's someone else? She must be a very weak person. As I recall this isn't the first time she's left you for someone else
    You would be correct.

You would be correct.
    I'm sorry you've got a son in the picture. It'd be much easier otherwise to make a clean break. What's her attitude towards the kid? Does she want him or is he just a bother to her?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm sorry you've got a son in the picture. It'd be much easier otherwise to make a clean break. What's her attitude towards the kid? Does she want him or is he just a bother to her?
    She wants him, and she's good with him, but then again so am I. That really is the hardest part.

I've been a friend of TRF's (Tommy) for 26 years and I would like to please ask for everyone's prayers. He's disappeared. The police, his friends, and even his wife are looking for him. He called his daughter to tell her goodbye. Please send prayers and good thoughts his way.

I'll post when they find him.
    Last edited by Handofdeath; 04-17-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Turn Off Ads?