Let me be blunt.
    Ours was better than yours.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Re: Closed Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Let me be blunt.
    Ours was better than yours.
    What the Sun Deck needs to do is maybe start a thread like "thoughts for the day-03/01" where we can actually discuss the game that day in depth.
    It probably wouldnt be allowed till after the game officially ends.
    Then again, that may not be acceptable either.:fineprint

Im sure this will be closed and you will be warned 20-40%

I didn't know the rule, but I don't see why we can't discuss the games.

A Reds board doesn't allow Reds fan to discuss Reds game... What?

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Im sure this will be closed and you will be warned 20-40%
    Since the original post, a good suggestion was brought up imo.
    I even stated waiting till "after" the game is over and I dont see any harm in that.
    Else we have numerous threads about certain things yet we could have one particular one on the game that was played earlier in day.
    For example I would like to discuss guys outings today like Maloney's/Coffey's/Coutlangus etc.
    This way it could be done in one thread.
    Again, it may not be allowed either but I think it ia fair question.

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post

I asked a Mod about it and was ignored I think

got alil captain in u?

I've tried to ask the mods about the game threads in here as soon as the new changes came about. I was told no so if i were u all i wouldn't push their buttons to hard. You can talk about issues in the game during the game but u can't have a game thread. After the game last year people would start a thoughts on the game type thread and that worked pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post

I agree, and have never understood why this folder isn't allowed to discuss a Reds game as it occurs. Seriously, who are the geniuses who came up with that idea. That doesn't stop them from rattling the old tip jar in this folder though.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    I've tried to ask the mods about the game threads in here as soon as the new changes came about. I was told no so if i were u all i wouldn't push their buttons to hard.
    I dont think any buttons are being pushed too hard by what was mentioned. Basically what is allowed or would be allowed is all that is being discussed.

Hard to believe that Red fans are not allowed to discuss Red games on a Reds message board. And it is funny how forceful the mods are in enforcing it.

"Honey, I can't got to the kids little league game tonight, I gotta stay home and make sure nobody starts talking about the Reds game on Redszone."

What is even the point of the Sun Deck forum if the members are not allowed to participate in game threads? What harm would it do to allow those type of threads in this forum?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

It really is one of the most bizarre rules of any forum on which I have ever participated.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Live with or find another board to post on. Rules is rules just role with it. If you want to post in a game thread then make great posts, suck up to the big timers and get elected to the big boy board.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Just because you are not queen sheba should not prevent you from talking about a damn game. Only special people talking about a game is stupid. I know we got the damn chat room but nobody uses the damn thing.

How the hell can you discuss an game in the chat room when you are the only damn person in it? What should I do talk to my damn self?
    Last edited by robmadden1; 03-01-2008 at 07:34 PM.

I wasn't here when they made the change, so I can't speak for how it was before. I have participated in game threads for numerous sports, and they do get bad if there isn't some kind of control over the situation. I don't know if it was the right decision, since I wasn't here. I just hope that I can make my way to the ORG, so I can participate in game threads. That's one thing I've missed since I left another forum. This board has such a wealth of knowledgeable baseball people that I still think a game thread for all could possibly work. I hope that the current situation is reviewed in the future. Until that point, I will continue to live with, and appreciate what we have.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

part of BBN

In Lexington Ky there is a station that is the station for UK athletics with sportstalk nightly on UK.
    Yet when it comes to the games, they do not have the broadcasts rights to UK. So they have a talk show after each game but it cant start till game is over. That is what I was proposing.
    Last season toward the end of season there got to be too many "insert player's name apreciation threads" imo.
    Rather than discussing Coffey's or Maloney's outing today in a player thread ,why not do it in a particular recap thread.
    I mean why start a thread on Maloney and one on Pelland etc when we could discuss it in same thread after game is over.
    I joined this forum in july of 07 and am asking what is permissible.
    The frustrating part is those that are in control could clear this up by responding but for some reason are not.
    There is a difference in trying to cause trouble and asking what is or could be allowed.

Turn Off Ads?