Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Closed Game Thread

Re: Closed Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Say what you want,the game threads have been a whole lot of nothing since the split.
    In my personal opinion they weren't much before it either.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Attack Cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    The sad thing is that the reality is that there is no real alternative to Redszone. Maybe if the Reds were in a bigger town or mor successful as of lately, there would be more than one message board. But, alas, there's not. Redszone is the only movie playing at the one screen drive-in. Joseph, obviously it doesn't make a lot of sense to the people here why they can't talk about Reds games on a Reds message board. Personally, as soon as I met the criteria to get onto the ORG board the first time (which was more objective than the "voted in" stuff), the rules changed and here I am in the Sun Deck. It was a blessing in disguise though to be honest. The people here are more down to earth and open-minded. I don't want to be part of ORG (although I would like the have my little girl's picture back for my avatar) so as long as it's not out of hand, why not let us that were deemed "not good enough" talk a little baseball?
    Quoted for emphasis.

There is no viable alternative to Redszone out there, and building one up would be very difficult for a small market team such as the Reds. There are only so many intelligent, passionate fans interested in such a board.

I also have little desire to join the ORG (and I've been lurking here since the fastball.com days), but I would like to participate in a game thread once every blue moon. I understand why the system that was set up seemed attractive at the time (though I strongly disagree with it), but disallowing a sun deck game thread is simply mean spirited.

But with few alternatives out there, what can you do?

I do realize this whole thread probably belongs on the site feedback forum, so my apologies for bumping it

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    In my personal opinion they weren't much before it either.
    So the policy might need another tweak.
    Anyway I want to apologize for stirring the crap and if this thread needs to be be moved thats fine.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    So the policy might need another tweak.
    Anyway I want to apologize for stirring the crap and if this thread needs to be be moved thats fine.
    After talking to Joseph I will say it is okay to post a "game thoughts" thread after the game to discuss what went on that we may have liked/disliked.

My two cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Im sure this will be closed and you will be warned 20-40%
    You've had your say about warnings. Let it rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    I asked a Mod about it and was ignored I think
    I wasn't ignoring you. I was "out" today from 4pm until about midnight, and therefore away from my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Hard to believe that Red fans are not allowed to discuss Red games on a Reds message board. And it is funny how forceful the mods are in enforcing it.

"Honey, I can't got to the kids little league game tonight, I gotta stay home and make sure nobody starts talking about the Reds game on Redszone."
    I actually hadn't even noticed it until it was called to my attention by others via Private Message. I get email notices whenever I receive a PM, so that's what led me to the site this afternoon in the first place. Apparently none of the other moderators were online at the time, either. So, despite your insinuation, we don't just sit here all day staring at the screen waiting to do some serious moderating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Fuel View Post
    It's pretty impossible to get voted to the "big boy" board.
    Yet new people get voted in all the time, and some of them have been posting on the site only a few months and were completely unknown to any of us prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Well no Mod has responded yet to my asking about what is permisssible so I will not post anything else in this particular thread since as one poster said earlier, it apparently is pointless.
    Not be a smart-aleck or anything but it sure seems a question could have been answered by now.
    It could've, should've, and would've been answered if any of us had been aware that it had been asked. I wasn't even aware of this thread until a few minutes ago.

As for the question of "Why no game threads in the Sun Deck?", Boss addressed this last summer...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=56

Perhaps his comments should be posted as an announcement in the Sun Deck for the sake of those who weren't around during the changes last summer. I have brought that up tonight among the admins and moderators and I assume it will be discussed in the next few days.
    Last edited by macro; 03-02-2008 at 01:40 AM.

The Sun Deck(or Reds Live)used to have a game thread, but a few bad members caused the Mods to remove the game threads. The policy is now that you need to be a member of ORG to participate in a game thread. There are certain thing we in the Sun Deck can do, like discuss individual plays, or certain events that occur in a game. A game thread that discusses what happens pitch-by -pitch, however, is not allowed.

I realized that what was in the Sun Deck forum was an illegal game thread, so I was the one who suggested that the Mods close the threads and inform the member who created it to not create any further game threads. I suppose the closing of the game thread is therefore my responsibility.. Make intelligent posts, and all of us will be in ORG participating in game threads all you want. Now I think this thread should really be moved to Site Feedback.

Game threads have always been a mess and just a forum for arguements imo. Getting bumped out of the ORG when its switched bothered me a bit but not because I lost the ability to post in the game thread. Let it go, look at the game threads and ask yourself is it really even worth posting in?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Trust me, when you get posts like this:

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Live with or find another board to post on. Rules is rules just role with it. If you want to post in a game thread then make great posts, suck up to the big timers and get elected to the big boy board.
    The board will slowly die. People don't like other people who think they're "better then the yare. Especially telling them to beg their way onto a "better" board or to go away. Because soon people will take you up on that and then all you will have left is that "big boy" board your proud of that the "big timers" go to.

nnnnmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    My two cents...

You've had your say about warnings. Let it rest.

I wasn't ignoring you. I was "out" today from 4pm until about midnight, and therefore away from my computer.

I actually hadn't even noticed it until it was called to my attention by others via Private Message. I get email notices whenever I receive a PM, so that's what led me to the site this afternoon in the first place. Apparently none of the other moderators were online at the time, either. So, despite your insinuation, we don't just sit here all day staring at the screen waiting to do some serious moderating.

Yet new people get voted in all the time, and some of them have been posting on the site only a few months and were completely unknown to any of us prior to that.

It could've, should've, and would've been answered if any of us had been aware that it had been asked. I wasn't even aware of this thread until a few minutes ago.

As for the question of "Why no game threads in the Sun Deck?", Boss addressed this last summer...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=56

Perhaps his comments should be posted as an announcement in the Sun Deck for the sake of those who weren't around during the changes last summer. I have brought that up tonight among the admins and moderators and I assume it will be discussed in the next few days.
    I find that hard to believe about new people. I do know that splitting the boards is going to kill it slowly because it's going to cause resentment, especially when you have people coming over bragging about going to the "big boys board with the big timers". And having to get voted to a board as if it's a prestiges presidential seat. And then being happy when people leave instead of being concerned why they left. But that's neither here nor there with me, I said my piece.
    Last edited by Rocket_Fuel; 03-02-2008 at 08:31 AM.

Trust me, when you get posts like this:

The board will slowly die. People don't like other people who think they're "better then the yare. Especially telling them to beg their way onto a "better" board or to go away. Because soon people will take you up on that and then all you will have left is that "big boy" board your proud of that the "big timers" go to.
    Im a slug like you sitting at the childrens table. It just really doesnt matter to me I basically dont post much in the sun deck because there is really nothing there to respond to. My response was basically how I feel about the board anymore, I just deal with it and roll on.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

It's pretty impossible to get voted to the "big boy" board.
    Actually, it's really easy. Don't suck and you're in.

We're pretty liberal on who gets in.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Actually, it's really easy. Don't suck and you're in.

We're pretty liberal on who gets in.

Case in point.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Case in point.
    I got grandfathered in. It's not Redszone without Captain Raisor

Old Red Guard Reject

They could've kicked off the people that screwed up the game threads initially instead of punishing everyone. Just my .02
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Turn Off Ads?