Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    That's going to be a tough game. Vandy isn't a shill anymore.

Great venue for a game too.
    Really? That place is awful. It's home to me, so I'm allowed to say that, but The Dud is terrible.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    And I'll be there in Nashville, October 20, when you guys lose to Vanderbilt.
    I'll be there too! My father and grandfather went to Vandy, so I have always kind of liked them! And you guys have a good team this year. It is no gimme game for us. I think we win it though. You guys lost Marve and Heyward, two guys that are pretty hard to replace on the defense.

Really? That place is awful. It's home to me, so I'm allowed to say that, but The Dud is terrible.
    I'm just in love with Vandy's campus and the downtown area I guess.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Da'Rick Rogers suspended indefinitely.

While much less significant news, Auburn just suspended senior wide receiver DeAngelo Benton. He potentially was going to be in their wide reciever mix though he certainly wouldn't be considered to have the type of impact of a player like Rogers.

Here's Auburn's drug policy for anyone who cares:

Auburn's policy, which the school provided to The News, is less forgiving. It hits student-athletes with longer suspensions more quickly, depending on the banned substance involved.

Test positive the first time for traditional or synthetic marijuana, and there's counseling but no loss of playing time. Test positive the first time for another banned substance, and you're suspended for 50 percent of your season.

If your first and second positive tests are for either kind of marijuana, the second positive test triggers a suspension for 50 percent of your season. A third positive test in that category, and you lose your privilege to play at Auburn permanently.

You don't get a third strike if either of your first two positive tests are for a banned substance other than marijuana. In that case, strike two and you're out. Permanently.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Rogers has had issues throughout his time at UT. I'm not pleased to hear this nor am I surprised. Suspended or not, they clearly can't count on this clown. I'm more anxious to see how Justin Hunter is looking after his ACL surgery and get a look at the new Juco WR. They'll be on ESPN-U a week from tomorrow
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 08-23-2012 at 10:43 AM.

How many people did he kill/rape/rob at gunpoint? You've gotta really try hard to get suspended at UT, doubly so with Dooley facing a firing in his near future if UT doesn't have a good year.

BTW: Has anyone been following the Tyler Bray saga in Kville? What a punk. Busted for hitting a girl's truck with beer bottles and then, mysteriously, her windshield gets bashed in the day after Bray gets evicted from his apartment complex. Really unfortunate no one witnessed him do it, of course, I'm sure he just would have had to run some stairs or something.

Follows that up with acting like an idiot on a jet ski...

I wonder what's next for this burgeoning criminal/ne'er do well.
    Last edited by WMR; 08-23-2012 at 01:10 PM.

A UT fan on another site told me the suspension came down from the administration, not Dooley. That's unsurprising, and also points to something serious.

Vandy is kicking ass right now on the recruiting trail. Who would have guessed the Vandy football team would have a better chance to beat Wisconsin than the basketball squad? Franklin appears to be the real deal and looks like Vandy will be upgrading their facilities now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Vandy is kicking ass right now on the recruiting trail. Who would have guessed the Vandy football team would have a better chance to beat Wisconsin than the basketball squad? Franklin appears to be the real deal and looks like Vandy will be upgrading their facilities now as well.
    Kicking ass? Compared to SOV? Yes... Compared to the rest of the conference? We're gaining on them, but it's still an uphill battle.

FWIW, the facilities upgrades are underway already. The stadium got a bit of a facelift this summer and they did some nice things to the athletic offices, locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc. The indoor facility is on it's way and should be ready for use in '14.

http://www.vucommodores.com/genrel/042012aaa.html

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

BTW: Has anyone been following the Tyler Bray saga in Kville? What a punk
    Well, UT could have had Tajh Boyd at QB if Kiffen, the supposed genius, hadn't essentially run him out of Knoxville because he didn't fit his "system."

I don't have a dog in this fight, but that decision was indefensible. Anyone with even a modicum of football knowledge should have realized that Bray will never be 1/4 the NCAA QB that Boyd is.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Oh boy. Big blow for Auburn. Starting center Reese Dismukes arrested 8 days before the season, and likely suspended. Now I'm not one of the AU fans that think this ruins our whole season, but if a suspension happens as expected, it will hurt us. Our backup is somebody I've never heard of and does not have much experience at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Interesting. However, after the whole Cam Newton debacle, I will never assume someone is guilty of cheating until it is officially proven. We Auburn fans know what it feels like to be on the other side of that.

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    Interesting. However, after the whole Cam Newton debacle, I will never assume someone is guilty of cheating until it is officially proven. We Auburn fans know what it feels like to be on the other side of that.
    The Karma part is that the whole Cam story was about irregularities that occurred during MSU's recruitment of Cam and Mullen was pretty self righteous all things considered and MSU had some curious timing concerning their reporting.

But ya, there are some serious big time mea culpas still owed concerning the Cam story from those who were quick to pile on both he and Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    Oh boy. Big blow for Auburn. Starting center Reese Dismukes arrested 8 days before the season, and likely suspended. Now I'm not one of the AU fans that think this ruins our whole season, but if a suspension happens as expected, it will hurt us. Our backup is somebody I've never heard of and does not have much experience at all.
    He was found passed out in public. He might miss both the Clemson and MSU games. Given the OL is very talented but also very young, losing Dismukes for those games would be a very big blow IMHO.

Auburn looks to line up under center about 60% of their offensive sets and plans to run alot between the tackles. Dismukes really let the team down IMHO.

Turn Off Ads?