Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happened to SNL?

Re: What happened to SNL?

Awesome! That has "Lonely Island Guys" written all over it. Too bad I missed that episode because they've been so bad lately.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I haven't seen Saturday Night Live in ages, but a friend sent this to me today and I cried from laughter. Warning for language, I guess, though it's bleeped and, you know, part of a sketch comedy show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eM15-fMbCU

That is pretty funny.

as much as I hate to say it. JT was pretty good on SNL.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    That has "Lonely Island Guys" written all over it.
    That's what my friend said...what does that mean? I don't know who these people are. My friend also thinks that JT should host every week.

I've watched this about ten times and I'm still crying. The basketball hoop. The skyline. The step-by-step list. Oh. my. God. HOW do those women not laugh?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I only have two questions:
    1) Why is Robert Downey Jr. singing?
    2) What was in the box? Candy? I know it started with a "c".

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    That is pretty funny.

He did do I good job. I had to do double takes. Bescause he was that good. I smell sitcom.

What do you all have against JT? He brought sexy back. yo.

That is pretty funny.

I watched the entire episode last Saturday and I would have to agree. He appears to be a natural in sketch comedy.

The "d**k in a box" song was pretty funny, but the best sketch of the night was the one where he was competing against the Salvation Army Santa for donations to his client": Homelessville"

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I watched the entire episode last Saturday and I would have to agree. He appears to be a natural in sketch comedy.

The "d**k in a box" song was pretty funny, but the best sketch of the night was the one where he was competing against the Salvation Army Santa for donations to his client": Homelessville"
    And that sketch can't be attributed as much to current writers as previous writers [Tina Fey?], because it was just a rehash of the sketch he did the first time he hosted a couple years ago.

I'm a regular viewer of the show, particularly over the last 10 years [though I've seen much of the older shows on Comedy Central, E!, and the dvd sets] and this year is down even from recent years standards.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Um, HELLO. He may be a natural, but he also has training as a member of the all-new MMC, which is as high-pressure as sketch comedy gets. How quickly we forget.

Now it's time
    To say goodbye
    To all our company
    M-I-C
    K-E-Y
    M-O-U-S-E
    Aw Mickey Mickey Mickey Mouse (rock da house!)

Through the years
    We'll all be friends
    As ...something...as we can be
    M-I-C
    K-E-Y
    M-O-U-S-E
    Aw Mickey Mickey Mickey Mouse

You guys know this rap, right? Or maybe you don't. Maybe you weren't lucky enough to spend a year in a traveling Disney show when you were 15 like some awesome people on this board. Maybe you were off making out with people or other nonsense adolescent things. Whatevs, kids.

What do you all have against JT? He brought sexy back. yo.
    The bit he did with Jimmy Fallon on the sketch "Barry Gibb Talk Show" was over the top funny. I got some respect for the lad watching him giggle his way through that one.

Do you have anything to say Robbin....

Naahh.

That is pretty funny.

My wife and I both thought so too. No JT fan here by any means, but he made me laugh last weekend. I thought I'd really miss Tina Fey (I do), but even the news bit wasn;t so bad. Amy Poehler is still entertaining to me and Seth Myers didn;t seem to completely spoil it for me like I thought he would.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

That's what my friend said...what does that mean? I don't know who these people are. My friend also thinks that JT should host every week.

I've watched this about ten times and I'm still crying. The basketball hoop. The skyline. The step-by-step list. Oh. my. God. HOW do those women not laugh?
    Last season they hired these three guys who have been putting up their own stuff on the internet at http://www.thelonelyisland.com/. They had previously shot a pilot for a show that was possibly going to be picked up by Fox called "Awesometown." Andy Samberg was hired on as part of the ensemble cast and the other two guys got hired as writers. They made a name for themselves last season with SNL Digital Shorts, including "Lazy Sunday," "Young Chuck Norris," and the Natalie Portman gangsta rap video. They are definitely funnier than the same-old, same-old that SNL usually puts out.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Um, HELLO. He may be a natural, but he also has training as a member of the all-new MMC, which is as high-pressure as sketch comedy gets. How quickly we forget.

Now it's time
    To say goodbye
    To all our company
    M-I-C
    K-E-Y
    M-O-U-S-E

Through the years
    We'll all be friends
    As ...something...as we can be
    M-I-C
    K-E-Y
    M-O-U-S-E
    Aw Mickey Mickey Mickey Mouse

You guys know this rap, right? Or maybe you don't. Maybe you weren't lucky enough to spend a year in a traveling Disney show when you were 15 like some awesome people on this board. Maybe you were off making out with people or other nonsense adolescent things. Whatevs, kids.
    I guess that I meant ADULT sketch comedy...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    And that sketch can't be attributed as much to current writers as previous writers [Tina Fey?], because it was just a rehash of the sketch he did the first time he hosted a couple years ago.

I'm a regular viewer of the show, particularly over the last 10 years [though I've seen much of the older shows on Comedy Central, E!, and the dvd sets] and this year is down even from recent years standards.
    Yeah, I knew that it was an homage to an early sketch from a few years ago (I think he was a breakfast burrito, no?). I guess that SNL has been so poor in recent weeks that I was happy just to see something that reminded me of funny past epsiodes...

Oh. my. God. HOW do those women not laugh?
    My favorite parts are Maya Rudolph's and Kristin Wiig's reactions when the guys slap the rose and the feather in their faces.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?