Phillips 2B
    Bruce RF
    Heisey LF
    Frazier 3B
    Cairo DH
    Hanigan C

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs. Yankees Friday 5/18

There is no reason why the Redlegs do not do well in this series. This is not your father's Yankees- no Teshara, an offense that is really struggling, no Mo, and Pettitt still getting it together. Just don't give Granderson a pitch he can hit.

I'm not sure if the ghosts moved across the street when they built the new park.

Dusty hates Hanigan and Cairo plays DH as he'll get to face his former team.

Arroyo at the very least needs to give 6 innings the way the bullpen has been depleted. Little nervous going into this one tonight, but very much looking forward to seeing two vets face each other as Pettitte makes his second start.

I saw this in the MLB.com game preview:

"I know everybody wants me to play the guy who's hot, but what happens when the guy who's hot gets cold and the cold guy never gets lukewarm because he's not playing?" - Dusty on Heisey/Ludwick situation

What happens if neither starts enough games consecutively to ever get hot?

If he's concerned about Ludwick's playing time, have Heisey play CF once a week and give Ludwick a start in LF another time - 2 starts a week for Ludwick to stay fresh. It's not like Stubbs is a bat that needs to be in the lineup 160 games a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    There is no reason why the Redlegs do not do well in this series. This is not your father's Yankees- no Teshara, an offense that is really struggling, no Mo, and Pettitt still getting it together. Just don't give Granderson a pitch he can hit.
    they play in al east
    they have scored 178 vs our 144
    they face bronson (not bad but idk against this lineup) and homer
    we have cueto but he's vs cc

im scared. 1 win might be good here.

Jeter SS
    Granderson CF
    Cano 2b
    A.Rodriguez 3b
    Ibanez RF
    Swisher 1B
    E.Chavez DH
    Wise LF
    Stewart C

Our old buddy Dewayne Wise in the lineup. 6 lefties, 3 righties. If you are keeping track.
    The Reds should pound Pettitte.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    they play in al east
    they have scored 178 vs our 144
    they face bronson (not bad but idk against this lineup) and homer
    we have cueto but he's vs cc

im scared. 1 win might be good here.
    All good points, but this is a Yankee team with a lot of holes.

Hopefully Arroyo doesn't throw one of those 1-2 inning 9-10 ER type games he seems to have every year. Can't afford it now.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Jeter SS

6 lefties, 3 righties. .
    If you look back at the Braves, Mets and now the Yankees, do you see a pattern? Why can't the Red's organization figure this out?

I am really interested to see how Arroyo does. I think the Reds win a wild one 9-7. Or something along those lines.

Bronson always did well against the Yankees back in the day, but he will have a big task against six lefties. I don't see the Reds battering Pettit. I don't think he would have come back if he didn't have something left. Hope I'm wrong.

Big game for the Yankee: 3 straight losses, the natives are getting restless, and Pettit's first game back in New York.

Arroyo on the mound...bunch of lefties in the Yankees lineup...that short RF porch in Yankee stadium.

Yeah...I don't have a good feeling about this.

The reds tend to piss down their leg against elite competition. Not expecting much this series, ill be content with one win

Well it's a good thing we have Chapman down in the pen to possibly go maybe 2 innings against this LH dominated lineup...opps we DON'T because someone chose to pitch him yesterday against the METS.....ugg how does this man keep his job..

Turn Off Ads?