Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Ludwick or bust?

Ryan Ludwick or bust?

Batting .259 with 9 RBI in the last 10 games. Only 4 of them starts. Does LF really need "fixed" ?
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ryan Ludwick or bust?

I imagine that with Stubbs out for a few days at least we will see if either part of Heiswig can get in enough of a groove to claim the job.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Batting .259 with 9 RBI in the last 10 games. Only 4 of them starts. Does LF really need "fixed" ?
    Yes.

Ludwick has a .207 BA and a .289 OBP.

LF needs to be fixed.

He's a real streaky hitter and even during his "streakiness", he's just ok.

I was a Ludwick advocate when the signing was announced. I have since repented of my error and want him gone. Yes, LF needs to be fixed.

Here is a bust of Ludwig. I could not find a bust of Ludwick.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Here is a bust of Ludwig. I could not find a bust of Ludwick.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Ah, Beethoven. Couldn't hear and couldn't drive in any runs.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

He's had some huge hits and he is producing RBIs. Average is low, but he hasn't been getting consistant time. He has got more time of late and he's moving his ave. up and he's the reason we won yesterday. He has given the reds probalby 3 wins this year by himself.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Can't hit anything other than a fastball. Terrible plate discipline. K's alot. Not a fan of Ludwick. Too many hitters that are the same type. This team needs high BA/ high OBP guys to compliment a few HR hitters and Votto.

He's another one of those vets that Dusty just can't refuse from using in situations where he's awful. Don't use him against RHP. I do understand the next week may warrant something different with Stubbs out, but in any other games, it should be Heisey vs RHP, and Ludwick vs. LHP.

Ludwick has a .739 OPS. The Major League average for left fielders is .758. Tough crowd. But I guess until Rolen and Stubbs gets back, we need to pick on somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Ludwick has a .739 OPS. The Major League average for left fielders is .758. Tough crowd. But I guess until Rolen and Stubbs gets back, we need to pick on somebody.
    He's also ops'ing about .950 vs. LHP and about .600 against RHP. That's not picking on him, you shoul put him in a position to succeed. This nothing new for Ludwick.

See, I told you. Play Ludwick all the time!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Ludwick has sucked pretty hardcore this year. His OBP is atrocious too much the same hitter as most of the other position players. Considering his position, he's the obvious guy to replace. It's of course always ridiculous to pound a guy based on small samples, but one nice night to pick his peak OPS to defend doesn't work either. His last 3 years in concert with this year suggest we know the guy is an extremely replaceable part.

Turn Off Ads?