Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds rumored to have checked in on Alexander Guerrero (Cuban SS)

Reds rumored to have checked in on Alexander Guerrero (Cuban SS)

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...landing-spots/

Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN reports that Guerrero is currently deciding between four teams, including the Twins, Dodgers, Red Sox, and Braves. The Reds have also checked in, though it’s not clear if they are a serious possibility. There’s a bit of conflicting information here, as Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Red Sox are not one of the finalists, but that has to bode well for the deep-pocketed Dodgers.

YES PLEASE.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds rumored to have checked in on Alexander Guerrero (Cuban SS)

We got Chapman back when the McCourts were ru(i)nning the Dodgers, I just don't see us out-bidding Los Angeles these days.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Hanley Ramirez is signed through 2014. The Dodgers would probably eat a chunk of that one year salary if they can upgrade. But when Hanley is hot, look out.

Sounds like the Dodgers want to play him at 2B

https://twitter.com/dSoldevila/statu...74711642910720

Cuban IF Alexander Guerrero has been cleared by OFAC. His signing will be made official any minute now

Dodgers are still considered the odds on favorites.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Looking even more likely that the Dodgers get him. It's being reported that they're going to sign him to a a multi-year deal worth $32MM.

Ramirez is a free agent after next year, but I wonder if this signing signals that the Dodgers are ready to let him go.

www.mlbtraderumors.com
    Dodgers Nearing Deal With Alexander Guerrero
    By Zach Links [September 9 at 2:46pm CST]
    The Dodgers and Cuban infield prospect Alexander Guerrero are closing in a multi-year deal worth $32MM, industry sources tell Jesse Sanchez of MLB.com. The deal is expected to be between five and seven years and an official announcement is expected this week.
    There goes any thoughts of BP to the Dodgers this offseason (I would've kept BP anyway).

I still like the idea of sending Bailey or Chapman to the Dodgers in the offseason for Joc Pedersen and Corey Seager.

On the "completely unrealistic" side of things - some are speculating LA might shop Matt Kemp this offseason (instead of Andre Ethier) to resolve their OF glut. IF the Dodgers were willing to assume half of his owed salary, which they wouldn't, I'd pay a pretty penny for Kemp. Let him play CF in 2014 and then move him over to LF when Hamilton/Ervin are ready to take over.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    On the "completely unrealistic" side of things - some are speculating LA might shop Matt Kemp this offseason (instead of Andre Ethier) to resolve their OF glut. IF the Dodgers were willing to assume half of his owed salary, which they wouldn't, I'd pay a pretty penny for Kemp. Let him play CF in 2014 and then move him over to LF when Hamilton/Ervin are ready to take over.
    If Kemp could stay off the DL for more than a week at a time, maybe. With his history of injuries, I'd say no to any deal.

Edit: nevermind, just saw the above link
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Damn, Reds should've jumped at 5 yrs at ~6 mil per year...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Damn, Reds should've jumped at 5 yrs at ~6 mil per year...
    With the Dodgers involved, I don't think the Reds stood a chance no matter how much they were willing to spend.

Turn Off Ads?