Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Mesoraco makes team, Olivo down or gone

Re: Mesoraco makes team, Olivo down or gone

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    If we're keeping Chapman in the pen 'cause it ain't broke, then why are we fixin' the catching situation (3 for Hanigan, 2 for Mes) that worked last year?
    It was pretty clear last year that the Reds didn't think that was working.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think you can expect Mesoraco to hit if he never plays

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic View Post
    It was pretty clear last year that the Reds didn't think that was working.
    You're probably right. Despite Mes's struggles, I think the 3-2 rotation kept Hanigan fresh and allowed him to take over full-time in September. I think that aspect at the very least was not broken.

Mesoraco to start Saturday per ctrent on Twitter

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Mesoraco to start Saturday per ctrent on Twitter
    Well, that is good. The question is, when will be his next start after that? If he is starting one time through the rotation, just give up on him, send him to AAA or trade him.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 04-05-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: typo

Mesoraco is getting hosed. I feel bad for the guy. He'd be better off playing every day in Louisville if this is the way it's gonna be.

8. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (04-05-2013)

When something really odd happens like this, there is usually a decent reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    When something really odd happens like this, there is usually a decent reason for it.
    agree or it could just be dusty being dusty

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    agree or it could just be dusty being dusty
    This is kind of beyond Dusty's standard ways.

Hannigan turns 33 during the season so there's no way he's catching 80% of the time all season. He won't hold up.

This is kind of beyond Dusty's standard ways.
    Is it? Mesoraco gets sent down. Comes back up, in 32 games he has 3 at bats.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Is it? Mesoraco gets sent down. Comes back up, in 32 games he has 3 at bats.
    Did Hanigan catch 100% of the games in that span? Was Mes wasting a roster spot during that span? And was there a minor league season he was missing during that span?

Did Hanigan catch 100% of the games in that span? Was Mes wasting a roster spot during that span? And was there a minor league season he was missing during that span?
    They were letting him rot on the bench for an entire month. They couldn't pinch hit him? Tony Cingrani had two fewer plate appearances than Mesoraco did in September. Denis Phipps hit .220 in AAA in 2012. He got nearly four times as many trips to the plate last September as Mesoraco.

Here we are on April 5th, 2013 and the last time Devin Mesoraco faced live pitching was 6 days ago. In spring training. Why didn't he start yesterday? Why not today? Will he sit another 5 days after tomorrow to wait for Leake to pitch again?

16. Likes:

Kc61 (04-05-2013)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

I did not look it up but Dioner Navarro was on the roster and getting the other action -- If my memory still serves me.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    They were letting him rot on the bench for an entire month. They couldn't pinch hit him? Tony Cingrani had two fewer plate appearances than Mesoraco did in September. Denis Phipps hit .220 in AAA in 2012. He got nearly four times as many trips to the plate last September as Mesoraco.

Here we are on April 5th, 2013 and the last time Devin Mesoraco faced live pitching was 6 days ago. In spring training. Why didn't he start yesterday? Why not today? Will he sit another 5 days after tomorrow to wait for Leake to pitch again?
    All really good questions, which I agree with however that's kind of my point. Maybe Mes was supposed to start today and showed up really hungover. Maybe he has a tight hammy. Maybe he told Dusty to go fly a kite. Maybe he punched out Bailey in the parking lot.

There is no way that Dusty, even Dusty, would play a catcher like this just because. We all know he is kind of set in his ways and I think we can pretty much predict many of his moves before they are made. No one would predict this.

Turn Off Ads?