Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mark A. Serrano

Mark A. Serrano

Just who is this guy? I checked his colege stats and he seems unbelievable. 132 k's in 86 innings. Only 3 k's per nine innings. Anybody know anything about him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mark A. Serrano

He turns 24 in less than a month, so his age is a big advantage for him at this point. His fastball sat around 90 when I saw him, and his curveball fooled a lot of hitters. His other pitches need some work, though.

Agree with camisadelgolf. Age will be a consideration. They will need to get him to Double-A by mid-May of 2010. Fastball is 89-91. Best pitch is his slider. Tremendous poise and composure. Nothing bothers him. When you talk about Single-A pitchers, that is often the most important thing. If Sulbaran had 10 percent of the maturity and composure that Serrano has, he would be a pretty good pitcher.

Serrano has been basically untouchable. You will see him in the top 30 list next spring. Right now I am going to guess high teens, but could go higher.

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Agree with camisadelgolf. Age will be a consideration. They will need to get him to Double-A by mid-May of 2010. Fastball is 89-91. Best pitch is his slider. Tremendous poise and composure. Nothing bothers him. When you talk about Single-A pitchers, that is often the most important thing. If Sulbaran had 10 percent of the maturity and composure that Serrano has, he would be a pretty good pitcher.

Serrano has been basically untouchable. You will see him in the top 30 list next spring. Right now I am going to guess high teens, but could go higher.
    What is your opinion on Ezequiel Infante?

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    I suspect that there will be a lot of new pitchers in the top 15, which was part of why Reds felt like it was OK to deal Stewart. if Joseph and Serrano debut in this way, I really can't wait to see Leake and Boxburger.
    2015, baby!

I really can't wait to see Leake and Boxburger.
    He may be meat, but he's BoxbErger

Infante is another lefty in the mold of Maloney, Wood, Horst, and Fairel...throws in the high 80's, good command, fringy stuff, has not looked as good the last two times out. Probably would repeat Dayton in 2010. Decent pitcher. Don't think he is a top 30 prospect right now.

I like Joseph quite a bit better than Infante.

Not sure if we will see Leake or Boxberger in 2009. Some conflicting reports. My guess is that we will not. If we do, it will be for just a couple innings in September.

Turn Off Ads?