Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone live in downtown Cincinnati?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Anyone live in downtown Cincinnati?

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I have narrowed down my search to The Renaissance and The Gramercy. This is a tough decision, though. Both have their positives and negatives.
    I've got a couple co-workers who live in the Renaissance and they love it -- though that may be because it makes their commute less than a 1 block walk.

Close proximity to Silverglades is a definate plus.

I'd live downtown, but it seems like you can't find anything thats nice for less than $700-$800 per month. Thats way out of my price range, unfortunately.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I've got a couple co-workers who live in the Renaissance and they love it -- though that may be because it makes their commute less than a 1 block walk.

Close proximity to Silverglades is a definate plus.

I'd live downtown, but it seems like you can't find anything thats nice for less than $700-$800 per month. Thats way out of my price range, unfortunately.
    Well I am glad they love it 'cause I went and signed a lease last night at the Renaissance. It was more than I wanted to spend, but I wasn't finding much cheaper. It is going to be so nice to walk to work in 10 minutes.

I'm getting ready to spend my first night in my new place. I will be sleeping on an air mattress that doesn't hold air very well. It's been a good night so far. Ordered pizza with my girlfriend for dinner since I have nothing in the fridge yet.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Kudos to you for moving downtown. I'd love to see the area get revitalized, and I think more people living there and taking pride in the area can only help.

I'm currently renting on the edge of downtown Denver, and we're thinking of buying there in a year or two. The downtown is in better shape than downtown Cincinnati, but could use a few key things like a GROCERY STORE.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Kudos to you for moving downtown. I'd love to see the area get revitalized, and I think more people living there and taking pride in the area can only help.

I'm currently renting on the edge of downtown Denver, and we're thinking of buying there in a year or two. The downtown is in better shape than downtown Cincinnati, but could use a few key things like a GROCERY STORE.
    Yeah, that is my major complaint here. I will be doing all of my grocery shopping up in Oakley since my girlfriend lives up that way. There might be something a little closer, but the Meijer up there is really nice.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post

Yeah -- it amazes me that the city is home to the corporate headquarters of a major grocery store chain and they can't find some way to lean on them to put a store downtown.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Yeah -- it amazes me that the city is home to the corporate headquarters of a major grocery store chain and they can't find some way to lean on them to put a store downtown.
    There's a Kroger on Vine Street ... between Central Parkway and Liberty Street. So, technically in Over-the-Rhine, I guess.

If another chain put one in, you can bet Krogers would follow. They have never been led by any other thought than driving their competition into the ground; it probably doesn't make sense to them to open a store for any other reason.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?