Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: your reds mvp

Re: your reds mvp

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Really the whole team that was able to win 97 games despite such a terrible strategist running the team. Easily the greatest collection of talent since the 1927 Yankees, maybe even greater. Hall of Famers at every spot on the field, other than the dugout.
    This is tongue in cheek...yes?

2. Turn Off Ads?

You have to have 2 categories...Without pitching you are nothing....
    In order Chapman, Hanigan, Cueto...Chapman because do you remember how agonizing each game was with our $12mil CoCo?? Hanny because he calls just an excellent game & he kept Latos off the ledge & kept him focused...& without Cueto you had nothing to build from...he was the 'Rock' & Bailey & Latos followed his lead....

For me without Luddy we never had a chance to get here...

Quote Originally Posted by redsrolen View Post
    You have to have 2 categories...Without pitching you are nothing....
    In order Chapman, Hanigan, Cueto...Chapman because do you remember how agonizing each game was with our $12mil CoCo?? Hanny because he calls just an excellent game & he kept Latos off the ledge & kept him focused...& without Cueto you had nothing to build from...he was the 'Rock' & Bailey & Latos followed his lead....

For me without Luddy we never had a chance to get here...
    In spite of being a HUGE Luddy guy, I have to say that winning the div. by 10 eliminates any 1 player from making a difference. I estimate that w/o Lud you still win by from 2 and 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    In spite of being a HUGE Luddy guy, I have to say that winning the div. by 10 eliminates any 1 player from making a difference. I estimate that w/o Lud you still win by from 2 and 4 games.
    Yes...but I was only allowed to pick one...

Quote Originally Posted by redsrolen View Post
    Yes...but I was only allowed to pick one...
    Point taken...if I can only pick one, I take Luddy for his power and team stability. And, he never goes on the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Point taken...if I can only pick one, I take Luddy for his power and team stability. And, he never goes on the DL.
    TY Sir

Hannigan? You guys surely to God cannot be serious.

WOW!!!! That says all i need to know about some of you peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Hannigan? You guys surely to God cannot be serious.

WOW!!!! That says all i need to know about some of you peeps.
    You can't even spell his name. I'll compare my knowledge of baseball to your's any day of the week.

Who is your choice Kwado? Chapmon?Fillips? Ludwig? Broose?

ahhhh...going with a spell check argument....awesome...that makes me an idiot for sure...my bad....mr. hanigan ...he of 24 RBI's in 317 ab's, and until very late in the season, he only handled 60% of the staff...and he is the teams MVP????

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    ahhhh...going with a spell check argument....awesome...that makes me an idiot for sure...my bad....mr. hanigan ...he of 24 RBI's in 317 ab's, and until very late in the season, he only handled 60% of the staff...and he is the teams MVP????
    It's not spell check...you didn't know how to spell his name, much like about 20% of this board.

He calls a great game. He frames the ball as good as any catcher I've ever seen. How did everyone else handle Chapman? No coincidence that nearly every time guys like Arrendondo and Simon struggled it was with Hanigan not in there. Controlling a staff of guys like Cueto, Latos, Homer and Chapman...talent amuck but those guys need the hand holding and encouragement and no one seems better at it.

He also had a great year keeping would be runners from advancing.

No way am I saying that Cueto, Latos, Phillips, Ludwick and Bruce are poor choices or even wrong....but we won a ton of low scoring games and he was managing perfection behind the plate. No one was overwhelming on this TEAM...he gets my vote.

Turn Off Ads?