Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What movie sequel or remake would you like to see?

What movie sequel or remake would you like to see?

I'd like to see a remake of The Shining. A version that's a little more true to the book and that plays up the supernatural aspects and the special effects potential of Stephen King's version. I know that there was a made for tv version in '97 that was closer to the book but I just think it would be really interesting to see a big screen version of what King imagined.

As far as sequels, maybe Hamlet 2 and GalaxyQuest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What movie sequel or remake would you like to see?

transformer

I'd like to see all the Star Wars movies movies made after the original trilogy remade. Just because the story is so great, but George Lucas apparently forgot how to make movies after Return of the Jedi.

Another list to ponder might be movies that should never have been redone, such as Cape Fear. Mitchum could intimidate me in a Snuggie- there was no room for improvement over the original.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    As far as sequels, maybe Hamlet 2
    ???

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

As far as sequels, maybe Hamlet 2
    Hamlet 2
    Tagline: What happens when the dead decide 2B?

Time Bandits IMAX 3D

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Time Bandits IMAX 3D
    OMG you almost read my mind. I was thinking Time Bandits 2 give or take the 3D. Terry Gilliam had some intentions here, but too many of the little people are now gone among other things.

Last edited by Spazzrico; 11-08-2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot

I'd like to see a remake of The Shining. A version that's a little more true to the book and that plays up the supernatural aspects and the special effects potential of Stephen King's version. I know that there was a made for tv version in '97 that was closer to the book but I just think it would be really interesting to see a big screen version of what King imagined.
    I agree on The Shining. After hearing how different the book was I decided to read it last year. I was amazed at how much better the book was than Kubrick's film.

I could sit through 3 More Days of the Condor.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I agree on The Shining. After hearing how different the book was I decided to read it last year. I was amazed at how much better the book was than Kubrick's film.

This made for TV version was supposedly true to the book.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118460/
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I'd like to see a remake of The Shining. A version that's a little more true to the book and that plays up the supernatural aspects and the special effects potential of Stephen King's version. I know that there was a made for tv version in '97 that was closer to the book but I just think it would be really interesting to see a big screen version of what King imagine.
    That may be the case but Jack Nicholson's performance as Jack Torrance was so over the top not sure who you could cast to take his place ?

A reset of the movie, "The Neverending Story" would be kind of neat. It was a bit cheesy with the acting and limited technology, but I think made current, it could be an interesting movie.

While not a movie, I'd like to see a follow-up to LOST. I think there could be a movie made to fill in some of the blanks surrounding the mysteries of the island. Perhaps a story centered around the government's knowledge of the island, how the Darma Initiative learned of it, etc. I think it could be a good movie separate from the story arcs of the characters we came to know through the TV series.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The SyFy series the Lost Room ended in such a way that it almost demanded a series follow it up. I really wish that had happened.

As for movies, A Firefly prequel would be good, maybe focused on Bishop. I'd love it if the Indiana Jones series got a reboot, maybe with Harrison Ford as the father sending off young Indy.

And this is left field, but Stripes with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly might be pretty good.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'd love it if the Indiana Jones series got a reboot, maybe with Harrison Ford as the father sending off young Indy.
    Indiana Jones 4 And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull IN 5 SECONDS - YouTube

Turn Off Ads?