Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pet Picture Thread

Re: Pet Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

I can give transfusions of saline to animals and get any med down a throat thanks to trying to help my buddy, and what I learned from it was that it love is bigger than anything you can give them from the vet !
    Absolutely true. Evey dog I've adopted found a new spring in his step one day into being part of my family. That is all they want, to be part of a family.

And the transverse is true as well. The love they give back is immeasurable. No matter how horrid a day I'm having, coming home to my buds always turns my day around.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Likes:

moewan (06-28-2013),WMR (06-28-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Bless you, 757690. It's a wonderful thing you're doing.

I'll have to try to find a good photo of our two black cats, Jake and Dexter, that doesn't just look like a big black fuzzy ball. They were part of a litter from a mama cat who was pregnant when rescued by a friend. Mother and all 5 kittens were all black, save for a handful of white hairs. They're 5 years old now, and they're great furry little buddies.

Love the pics in this thread.
    Last edited by RichRed; 06-28-2013 at 07:54 AM.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Absolutely true. Evey dog I've adopted found a new spring in his step one day into being part of my family. That is all they want, to be part of a family.

And the transverse is true as well. The love they give back is immeasurable. No matter how horrid a day I'm having, coming home to my buds always turns my day around.
    That's a wonderful thing you are doing. I hate whe I hear about someone that dumps their pet at a shelter because the pet became ill or just old. Like you said they give you the best years of their life and really don't expect much in return. The black cat we had for so many years developed diabetes in his old age. We had to give him shots everyday for quite a few years. After a while he developed chronic kidney failure. We had to give him water intraveinously once a day to flush out his kidneys. The vet thought we were so cool to do that for him. She had seen many pet owners just give up at that point and have them put down. We just felt like it was our duty and responsibilty to care for him as long as he was around. It was a lot of work but we felt we owed it to him for giving us so much love for as long as he did.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

6. Likes:

757690 (06-29-2013),WMR (06-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I run a kinda Dog Hospice at my house. I have one dog Lila, the brown pit mix, that I've had for 11 years since she was a pup. After her brother died in 2006, I've adopted seniors with terminal illnesses to keep her company.

It's sad, but many dogs in their senior years, when the vet bills get too much, get dumped at the shelter. I think it's horrible that a pet gives you its best years, only to be abandoned when they need care the most.

Bruno is Lila's sixth brother, who I just adopted this weekend. He's a 16 year old spaniel who has liver cancer. He was abandoned a year ago and spent the last year in a cage. He lost most of his hair from the cancer and treatment. He also might be a good contestant in the ugliest dog contest too, lol. Just hoping to give him a comfortable home for his final days.

That's freaking beautiful, man.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post

I'll have to try to find a good photo of our two black cats, Jake and Dexter, that doesn't just look like a big black fuzzy ball. They were part of a litter from a mama cat who was pregnant when rescued by a friend. Mother and all 5 kittens were all black, save for a handful of white hairs. They're 5 years old now, and they're great furry little buddies.
    This is Dexter commandeering the towels fresh out of the dryer. "Oh, did you need to fold these?"
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

It was one year ago today that we picked up this young lady. She is one of 2 we have

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/23284243

They have a video of her on the site.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 06-30-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Turn Off Ads?