Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logan Ondrusek Thread

Logan Ondrusek Thread

Why is he still even pitching? It's been a subpar year, Hoover can't be worse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ondrusuck

Amazes me that Dusty continues to run him out there in close games yet he won't let Simon pitch unless its mop up work. And I agree, I'd like to see Hoover up here ASAP.

Excuse me for venting, but I'm suffering from a quesy stomach brought on by a case of Logan Ondrusuck.

If I was the GM of this club, Ondrusuck and Cairo would be gone, Hoover or Redmond should be brought up and i would cut Cairo so Dusty doesn't feel like he has to play him (He doesn't want Miguel getting "cold"). Jay Bruce needs to sit, he's absoluely detrimental at the plate...Willie Harris has a better chance of driving in a run

Tonights Cincinnati Reds Stars of the Game:

3. Sparky Baker for allowing Cairo to waste four at-bats
    2. Jay Bruce for going 0-4 with 3K's and 4 LOB
    1. Logan Ondrusuck...no comment necessary

Ondrusek is the least of this teams worries

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Ondrusek is the least of this teams worries
    With Baker as Manager, yes he is a big worry.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck6660 View Post
    Excuse me for venting, but I'm suffering from a quesy stomach brought on by a case of Logan Ondrusuck.

If I was the GM of this club, Ondrusuck and Cairo would be gone, Hoover or Redmond should be brought up and i would cut Cairo so Dusty doesn't feel like he has to play him (He doesn't want Miguel getting "cold"). Jay Bruce needs to sit, he's absoluely detrimental at the plate...Willie Harris has a better chance of driving in a run

Tonights Cincinnati Reds Stars of the Game:

3. Sparky Baker for allowing Cairo to waste four at-bats
    2. Jay Bruce for going 0-4 with 3K's and 4 LOB
    1. Logan Ondrusuck...no comment necessary
    Bruce's act is indeed wearing thin. You'd think the guy's watched enough video to realize that when your head and front shoulder bail out consistently there's no way you're going to reach the ball on the outer half of the plate.

Re: Logan Ondrusek Thread

I really don't dislike Logan, so much as I dislike him being used anywhere later than the seventh inning. To be honest, while I was a little confused with the Broxton move when it was made, it sort of does come into view in that sense. (Yesterday's bout of softly-hit bloopers getting through aside)

It's the same song and dance as it ever was, we just absolutely have got to hit better situationally to suffer the inevitable ups and downs that come with worn out arms during the dog days. And I really do think this team has the talent to do it, which is why by and large I like our roster. They just can't seem to put it together, though.

I don't like playing the blame game down to any one or two players, or even the management as much as I can. As a unit, these guys just need to start picking each other up a bit again.

It could be worse. We could have CoCo back or any Houston/Milwaukee reliever.

Logan has only been scored on in 9 of his 50 appearances this season. So, for the most part, he has done his job and done it well. IMO, the frustration that many have with him is that, when he does fail, he fails in spectacular fashion.

Can't believe I am going to say this but it's not on Dusy. Dusty was already smart enough to give the RH setup role to Broxton in case you haven't noticed. What is he going to do demote Ondrusek to middle inning mop up? I am not a big fan of Ondrusek right now but he did pitch well in the first half. I'd still rather have him out there in a tie game than Simon. A couple more bad outings and we will see...

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Maybe Logan needs a breather? He's been used an awful lot in high stress situations. Maybe a couple weeks in Louisville would do him good. Move Simon to Ondrusek's spot, and they could bring Hoover back up to take Simon's spot.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Maybe Logan needs a breather? He's been used an awful lot in high stress situations. Maybe a couple weeks in Louisville would do him good. Move Simon to Ondrusek's spot, and they could bring Hoover back up to take Simon's spot.
    Does Ondrusek still have options left? I honestly don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Does Ondrusek still have options left? I honestly don't know.
    This is his third season on the 40-man roster so, if I understand the rules correctly, he has options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Redleg82 View Post
    Why is he still even pitching? It's been a subpar year, Hoover can't be worse.
    The man has a 3.10 ERA

PLUS only 9% of his inherited runners score (4 of 44)

While Hover did have a slightly smaller ERA at 3.00 he allowed 31% inherited runners to score
    Last edited by Krawhitham; 08-10-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    The man has a 3.10 ERA

PLUS only 9% of his inherited runners score (4 of 44)

While Hover did have a slightly smaller ERA at 3.00 he allowed 31% inherited runners to score
    Regardless, it doesn't have to be Hoover. It's still time to move on from Ondrusek.

Turn Off Ads?