Thread: 6/11/2014 Reds vs Trolley-Dodgers

Re: 6/11/2014 Reds vs Trolley-Dodgers

Good start for Cueto
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Military Appreciation night.
    I guess the Dodgers don't appreciate the military.

Commies....
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-11-2014),Gapper (06-11-2014),Marc D (06-11-2014),reds1869 (06-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    But I can play the same catcher every game on the PS4!
    Same thing with APBA.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    If they truly wanted to "appreciate" the military they'd donate the night's gate to the Wounded Warrior Project or, perhaps, some other organization that contributes to providing employment retraining or mental health treatment for returning veterans. But that would be hard. Much easier to just wear camo and put a big USA sign on the nearest highway overpass. Stuff like this is a joke. It's a cynical attempt to sell merchandise under the auspices of patriotism.
    So the fact that discount tickets are available for military members and the fact that the franchise player started his own foundation to help soldiers returning with PTSD are just cynical attempts to sell merchandise? Got it, the Reds are bad at everything they ever attempt to do.

Mark Sheldon @m_sheldon · 1m
    RT @MannyRsports: #Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez a late scratch from lineup due to right AC joint irritation. Figgins at 3B, Rojas at SS

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    America and our soldiers will be incredibly proud to see us wear such ugly uniforms.
    We shouldn't half-ass it. Camo pants, undershirts, helmets, and catching gear should also be worn.

9. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (06-11-2014)

This is going to be an every Wednesday occurance?!

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    So the fact that discount tickets are available for military members and the fact that the franchise player started his own foundation to help soldiers returning with PTSD are just cynical attempts to sell merchandise? Got it, the Reds are bad at everything they ever attempt to do.
    The hats and jerseys are a joke, and are cynical attempts to sell merchandise. By MLB. Not just the Reds. Paul Lukas at Uni-Watch did a study on how much money actually was donated from the sale of the "stars and stripes" hats and it was an absolute joke.

Votto's foundation has nothing to do with the team. That's his philanthropy and is PRECISELY the kind of charity I'm talking about as a non-cynical, honest, reasonable attempt to help. And by a Canadian, no less.

12. Likes:

Cursh14 (06-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    why canīt they do all of those things (if they want to) without wearing ugly jerseys? I donīt like patriotism => I donīt like those "events"
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Kemp thrown out arguing after strikeout.

kemp
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

16. Likes:

Big Klu (06-11-2014)

Interesting decision by FSOH to leave the cameras and audio on Kemp while he hurled F bombs at the ump...

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    The hats and jerseys are a joke, and are cynical attempts to sell merchandise. By MLB. Not just the Reds. Paul Lukas at Uni-Watch did a study on how much money actually was donated from the sale of the "stars and stripes" hats and it was an absolute joke.

Votto's foundation has nothing to do with the team. That's his philanthropy and is PRECISELY the kind of charity I'm talking about as a non-cynical, honest, reasonable attempt to help. And by a Canadian, no less.
    I just look at it as a way of raising awareness. The military is being talked about in the broadcast and on Twitter in a way that I doubt it would be without the team making the statement it is with the jerseys. I can't imagine this is to make money. There can't be that many people that would buy that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Kemp thrown out arguing after strikeout.
    No Kemp, no Ramirez.....must capitalize.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    No Kemp, no Ramirez.....must capitalize.
    Should be no Puig if the ump did his job.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

21. Likes:

Big Klu (06-11-2014)

Turn Off Ads?