Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: RedsZone Gathering June 15-17

Re: RedsZone Gathering?

Could be. Like I said, it's been a few years. The Terrace was a Hilton back then.
    Makes all the routine posts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    The Millennium is a dingy, 70's-era stink hole. If they were paying me to stay there, and I wasn't going to be in the room much, then maybe.

I've never stayed at the Terrace, but I know that some of the visiting ball clubs stay there.

Ahhhh! Didn't you read post #129?
    Oops.

Oh, well.

With the money I saved, I should be able to get drunk enough to ignore the roaches.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 03-27-2007 at 10:04 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I read on line that The Millennium recently underwent a multi million dollar renovation and has some star rating.

So hopefully you're in for a better stay than others have had.

Ah, here's the article... it sure sounds pretty nice to me!

http://www.unionvacations.com/unionh...cincinnati.htm
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I've stayed at The Millinium a whole bunch of times. The north tower is fine. The south one seems a bit older. I get it on priceline for about 40 bucks a night, and there is plenty of parking, too.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Okay, I must have missed something... what date is this occuring on? Sheesh.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    So after sending the Reds ticket people a couple emails, I think the Texas series is the way to go.

So the Saturday evening game on 16Jun is it.

I think if we get tickets NLT 15May, we should be okay.

At this early point, who thinks they might be in?

Mods - can you move this to the other board so everyone who wants to can respond? Thanks.
    Here's the info, Zombie.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Here's the info, Zombie.
    Okay, yeah, thanks, I'm there. Thumbs up.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    These downtown hotels are within walking distance of the GAB:

The Hilton Cincinnati Netherlands Plaza.

Just a heads up. There's the Hilton and the Netherland. I think something happened and this hotel split in two or exchanged names or something. I ended up at the wrong one going to a symposium last month. They're almost on the same block though and right near fountain square.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Unless something has changed very recently, then the only Hilton in Downtown is the Netherland. Hilton acquired it a few years back, when it was formerly known as the Omni Netherland. Hilton then divested itself of the Terrace.

There's also a Hilton near the airport, and from what I hear, another will soon serve 90 days in an LA jail cell.

-
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 04-06-2007 at 10:12 PM.

I have a chance to book a good flight/hotel combo deal through Priceline flying from Norfolk, also with the Millennium as the hotel option. (I don't really care if it's dingy. : )

I know it's within walking distance to GABP but what is it, a couple blocks? I'm not too familiar with downtown Cincy. Also, is it safe? I'm not a huge wuss but I just want to know if I'm taking my life in my hands. Not that it wouldn't be worth it to see the Reds. Unless Milton is pitching.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I know it's within walking distance to GABP but what is it, a couple blocks? I'm not too familiar with downtown Cincy. Also, is it safe? I'm not a huge wuss but I just want to know if I'm taking my life in my hands. Not that it wouldn't be worth it to see the Reds. Unless Milton is pitching.

6-8 blocks, really. And downhill from downtown. You will be just fine. It's plenty safe there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    6-8 blocks, really. And downhill from downtown. You will be just fine. It's plenty safe there.
    Thanks, Chip. Now I only have Milton to be scared of.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I know it's within walking distance to GABP but what is it, a couple blocks? I'm not too familiar with downtown Cincy. Also, is it safe?
    Perfectly safe and not too far.

0.65 miles, in fact.

I have a chance to book a good flight/hotel combo deal through Priceline flying from Norfolk, also with the Millennium as the hotel option. (I don't really care if it's dingy. : )

You will likely be around a whole crowd of people heading that way anyway. Safety in numbers. There is a Papa Johns a block north and then a right turn away and a bar called Rockin Robins that has good wings. I've walked to both and never saw anything creepy after the games.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?