Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    You can't tell why (that's an assumption), but you can tell what they're feeling. They're called mirror neurons. Do you not have them? Some people don't (or they have less of them). They're the ones who have trouble connecting with others.

Nah, I'm not interested in violating the Constitution and peoples' civil rights.
    I'm well aware of what they are. I know all about microexpressions. Body language in itself isn't complicated to pick up on if you have time to spend with a person.

But no one, even worth their salt as a body language expert can, in a few short camera shots on television, distinguish anger of striking out from lingering depression over losing a baseball game the night before. I find the insinuation to be disingenuous, personally.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

You're telling me that you can watch a player on television after a strikeout based on how he reacts and you can accurately know that he's depressed about losing the night before rather than simply being upset over striking out?

The FBI should get you on their payroll as a FACS microexpression expert. Your talents are being wasted as a baseball fan behavioral analyst. Like I said, you made up your mind last night they would be 'devastated' and now you're looking for a few anecdotal reactions out of thousands in a game that confirm what you already expected.
    You can't tell why (that's an assumption), but you can tell what they're feeling. They're called mirror neurons. Do you not have them? Some people don't (or they have less of them). They're the ones who have trouble connecting with others.

Nah, I'm not interested in violating the Constitution and peoples' civil rights.
    Less interesting. Talking past each other some now with paraphrasing to exaggerate a view rather than honestly interpreting and responding to the expressed point. Moving on for tonight. I'm bummed we lost tonight and the division opportunity likely with it. But you almost certainly wouldn't be able to tell that from my posture or facial expressions at the moment. Thanks to all and good night.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

They call me "chef"

I'm going to send a gift basket to the Cubs, Nationals, Brewers, and Mets on behalf of the St. Louis Cardinals.

Maybe Walt should have taken Wacha instead of Travieso after all.

6. Likes:

LexRedsFan (09-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Maybe Walt should have taken Wacha instead of Travieso after all.
    Would he have 'found' that extra velocity with the Reds?

I would have liked Wacha, if only because my dad is a Texas A&M man too.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Salukifan2

Wacha a was over throwing all night. He was between 94 and 96 the whole time. That is not sustainable for him as a starter. He should be 91-93. Touching 94 and 95 maybe once or twice a start. If he had another start this season id bet money he wouldn't make it out of the fifth

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    Wacha a was over throwing all night. He was between 94 and 96 the whole time. That is not sustainable for him as a starter. He should be 91-93. Touching 94 and 95 maybe once or twice a start. If he had another start this season id bet money he wouldn't make it out of the fifth
    Wacha is an injury waiting to happen. I think he'll be seeing TJ surgery in the near future.

Salukifan2

Wacha is an injury waiting to happen. I think he'll be seeing TJ surgery in the near future.
    Idk about how near it will be, but making the claim that an MLB starter is going to have TJ at some point isn't exactly going out on a limb. Do you have a link to a scouting report that says his delivery is more prone to elbow injuries?

That's pretty sad. speculating on when a rookie is going to blow out his arm, simply because he is on a rival team. You Boys are better than that, surely.

I just turned on the radio to see how long I could stomach Jim Rome today, and the Card pre-game show was on. I did not know it was a day game! I feel that if they win this game, they won't be caught.

Miller is struggling in the 1st.....gonna be a 30+ pitch inning

Oh wow....Holliday misjudged an easy fly ball, and the Nats score

14. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    Idk about how near it will be, but making the claim that an MLB starter is going to have TJ at some point isn't exactly going out on a limb. Do you have a link to a scouting report that says his delivery is more prone to elbow injuries?
    No links. I read something before about how he forms an inverted-W in his motion, and how pitchers who do that are more likely than others to need TJ surgery at some point in their careers.

Darnell McDonald just hit a three run bomb off Liriano to give the Cubs a 4-1 lead on the Pirates in the bottom of the 6th.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

17. Likes:

Brutus (09-25-2013),REDREAD (09-25-2013),traderumor (09-25-2013)

Darnell McDonald hits a three run bomb, first of the year, Cubs up 4-1.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

19. Likes:

REDREAD (09-25-2013)

Darnell McDonald hits his first home run for the cubs -- three-run homer, Cubs up 4-1! Oh my god Cubs I've never felt this fondly towards you!!!!
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (09-25-2013)

Turn Off Ads?