Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 Redszone NFL Mock Draft thread ...

Re: Official 2011 Redszone NFL Mock Draft thread ...

1. Carolina (2-14) - bucksfan2 - - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    2. Denver (4-12) - TheBigLebowski - - Nick Fairly, DT, Auburn
    3. Buffalo (4-12) - Oxblood - - Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    4. Cincinnati (4-12) - Mario-Rijo - - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
    5. Arizona (5-11) - Cedric - - Von Miller, LB, Texas AM
    6. Cleveland (5-11) - chicoruiz - - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
    7. San Francisco (6-10) - Kingspoint - Patrick Peterson, cornerback, LSU
    8. Tennessee (6-10) - Topcat
    9. Dallas (6-10) - NJReds
    10. Washington (6-10) - Gallen5862
    11. Houston (6-10) - HotCorner
    12. Minnesota (6-10) - LoganBuck
    13. Detroit (6-10) - HotCorner
    14. St. Louis (7-9) - LoganBuck
    15. Miami (7-9) - Sean_Casey Rules
    16. Jacksonville (8-8) - JaxRed
    17. New England (14-2) -- from Oakland - WVRed
    18. San Diego (9-7) - Buckeye33
    19. New York Giants (10-6) - Puffy
    20. Tampa Bay (10-6) - Reds44
    21. Kansas City (10-6) - WVRed
    22. Indianapolis (10-6) - Redsfanmia
    23. Philadelphia (10-6) - Redlegs212
    24. New Orleans (11-5) - Buckeye33
    25. Seattle (7-9) - chicoruiz
    26. Baltimore (12-4) - mam24rice
    27. Atlanta (13-3)
    28. New England (14-2) - WVRed
    29. Chicago (11-5)
    30. New York Jets (11-5) - KoryMac5
    31. Pittsburgh (12-4)
    32. Green Bay (10-6) - Mutaman
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 03-08-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'll take the Falcons as well if no one has claimed them yet.

I thought the Bengals were going Gabbert.....

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Joseph is a free agent, and will demand huge dollars and is gone. Hall is a free agent next year. Adam Jones is Adam Jones and a free agent after 2011. Ghee is a project at best.

Chad is likely gone if not before this season, certainly next. Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell are free agents after 2011 and are question marks as well. Leaving Jordan Shipley as the lone quality receiver under contract for 2012.

Tank Johnson, Pat Sims, Domata Peko, and Geno Atkins are under contract through the 2012 season.
    Based on the team as of today I thought Dareus was the best use of this pick. I feel confident the Bengals will re-sign their corners and then where would Peterson have been, playing safety, that is a bit too sketchy a plan for me. Even if they don't, having a good pass rush is the best way to improve ones secondary. I could have seen the rational in taking a WR here and thought really hard about it but we don't have a quality QB to get him the ball anyway, we don't know what we have in the WR's we have and WR's are more plentiful than DL in availability. I did overlook Sims but none of these guys are as good as I believe Dareus will be. A quality team needs difference makers in the trenches and I felt this was the way to go here.

Worst case scenario is we have a crappy 2011 on the field and Andrew Luck should be available for the picking next year.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    If the real draft goes the way this one did I will feel pretty confident the Bengals can't screw up the pick. Newton, Fairley and Bowers all have perhaps the highest ceilings in the draft so I see the rational in their selections but they also have the lowest floors so the Bengals would theoretically have their pick of solid players and I would be content with anyone left worthy of the selection. I thought alot about Gabbert but in the end I felt a QB at this juncture was a bit too risky given the uncertainty of those available. I guess I could be accused of falling on the side of safe a little here but I really could't find a good reason not to take Dareus, high ceiling, high floor and I believe you build from the lines in.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    If the real draft goes the way this one did I will feel pretty confident the Bengals can't screw up the pick. Newton, Fairley and Bowers all have perhaps the highest ceilings in the draft so I see the rational in their selections but they also have the lowest floors so the Bengals would theoretically have their pick of solid players and I would be content with anyone left worthy of the selection. I thought alot about Gabbert but in the end I felt a QB at this juncture was a bit too risky given the uncertainty of those available. I guess I could be accused of falling on the side of safe a little here but I really could't find a good reason not to take Dareus, high ceiling, high floor and I believe you build from the lines in.

I suspect the Bengals wouldn't have done the same as I but IMO this was the smart way to go.

--Woody Hayes

delete
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Sorry about the double post guys.

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    With the sixth pick in Round 1, the Browns select:

WR Julio Jones, Alabama

Thought long and hard about Cameron Jordan here, but Jones is just too good to pass up. 6'4", 220, ran under 4.4 at the combine on a foot that needs surgery.
    Good pick Chico, I actually like Jones just as much if not a smidge more than Green. Not just because of his recent combine but watching footage he looks quite impressive.

--Woody Hayes

I actually like Jones just as much if not a smidge more than Green. Not just because of his recent combine but watching footage he looks quite impressive.
    They're verrrry close, but when in doubt I go with the better blocker, and that's supposed to be Jones.

BTW, can we get this thing rolling again? Has anybody PMed the next guy in line to tell him he's on the clock?
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

They're verrrry close, but when in doubt I go with the better blocker, and that's supposed to be Jones.

BTW, can we get this thing rolling again? Has anybody PMed the next guy in line to tell him he's on the clock?
    His pick is on its way in a few minutes.

I can't argue with Evan Silva of Rotoworld's analysis here:

7. 49ers: Patrick Peterson, cornerback, LSU.

Peterson's talent probably deserves to go higher, but there hasn't been a corner drafted in the top five in eight years. The 2010 Thorpe Award winner as college football's top defensive back, Peterson's addition would allow the Niners to comfortably part with overpriced Nate Clements.

Julio is a bit less polished but I think he is also more talented.

Just strictly on talent alone I think these are fair ceilings.

Julio = Andre Johnson

A.J. = Michael Irvin

I know Irvin is a HoF WR but I would rather have what Andre brings to the table.

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Good pick Chico, I actually like Jones just as much if not a smidge more than Green. Not just because of his recent combine but watching footage he looks quite impressive.
    Does his broken foot give you pause?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...on-broken-foot

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Does his broken foot give you pause?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...on-broken-foot
    Yeah it does but the guy ran a sub 4.4 with it, that is awesome toughness and talent.

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?