Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you have Time Warner Cable...your screwed!

If you have Time Warner Cable...your screwed!

Found out today that Time Warner and Fox could not reach an aggreement. So, no Fox as of Jan 1. That means no NFC games...none. No NFC playoff games. Which network has the Super Bowl? NO FOX TV shows. No Fox News either.

Time Warner also could not reach an aggreement with the NFL network as well. Which tells you that Time Warner are cheap bastards, because the vast majority of other cable providers carry the NFL network.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: If you have Time Warner Cable...your screwed!

Nooooo!!!!!

Fox is probably one of my most watched channels too.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Nooooo!!!!!

Fox is probably one of my most watched channels too.
    One of my patients sales the Dish network. I called him today. He said he has had over 100 phone calls today. He will be coming to my house on Tuesday. I called in a favor...I stick needles and drills in his mouth....

Retired

Any official release about this? You don't need cable to get network Fox, you'd need it for Fox News though. What about Fox Sports Net that carries all the Reds games?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Any official release about this? You don't need cable to get network Fox, you'd need it for Fox News though. What about Fox Sports Net that carries all the Reds games?
    They said I could still get fox with my antenna.....no thanks. They sent me a pre-recorded telephone message. I've gotten like 10 calls from my buddies complaining about it as well. I live in Kentucky. I would assume it is all of Time Warner however.
    Last edited by paintmered; 12-30-2006 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Masked profanity

So we’re working to keep them on
    our channel lineup.

Over the past few months, Time Warner Cable has been in negotiations with Sinclair Broadcasting to allow us to continue carrying WDKY-56, WCHS-8 and WVAH-11. These negotiations are on-going and we hope to reach agreement soon.

If we don’t have an agreement with Sinclair, as mandated by FCC regulations, we may be forced to stop delivering WDKY-56, WCHS-8 and WVAH-11 to you. Many of you will still be able to access these off-air channels.

At Time Warner Cable, keeping your monthly bill as low as possible is one of our primary concerns. We are doing everything in our power to hold down programming costs, which is the primary driver of increased prices.

We negotiate in good faith with our programming partners to ensure our customers receive their favorite networks, uninterrupted. We will continue to actively pursue this course with Sinclair Broadcasting.

Either way, you will still be able to watch many shows on WDKY-56, WCHS-8 and WVAH-11

It includes ABC too.....what a bunch of hacks....:thumbdown

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Yeah, that's what I'm concerned about, with Reds and Cavs games being carried on Fox's family channels

Time to make the switch to Dish or DirecTV.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

For a Level Playing Field

... we may be forced to stop delivering WDKY-56, WCHS-8 and WVAH-11 to you. Many of you will still be able to access these off-air channels.
    Sounds like channels that carry FOX TV to me. I wouldn't think that they would refer to Fox Sports Ohio or Fox News with the WXXX name-thing.

George Foster needs to tell us if channels 56, 8 or 11 on his package are Fox Sports Net or Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Sounds like channels that carry FOX TV to me. I wouldn't think that they would refer to Fox Sports Ohio or Fox News with the WXXX name-thing.

George Foster needs to tell us if channels 56, 8 or 11 on his package are Fox Sports Net or Fox News.
    No. Channel 56 is the Fox network, that carries the NFL and their prime time line-up. It did not mention anything about Fox sports ohio.

So, uh, this doesn't effect us in Dayton, does it?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    No. Channel 56 is the Fox network, that carries the NFL and their prime time line-up. It did not mention anything about Fox sports ohio.
    You don't need cable for network programming though, just unhook the cable line and you'll have it.

You don't need cable for network programming though, just unhook the cable line and you'll have it.

That's the whole point of having cable television, so I don't have to watch TV like I did in 1975. The newer televisions do not pick up local stations near as good as the good ole tube tv's.....no thanks. I'm getting the dish. I'm tired of dealing with cheap hacks like Time Warner. As I mentioned above I can't get the NFL Network either.

No BCS Championship Game. No 24. No American Idol.

Well the last one might a good thing.

The fat lady hasn't sang yet

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/p...IES02/61230015
    Time Warner 'still optimistic' for deal
    Advocate staff reports

NEWARK — Time Warner Cable and Sinclair Broadcasting Group still are actively negotiating as the deadline to reach an agreement draws near.

Many Licking County cable customers have been waiting anxiously for word on whether they will lose two local channels.

The current agreement, which Time Warner inherited when it took control of Adelphia earlier this year, expires at midnight Monday morning. If an agreement is not reached before that time, Time Warner customers who previously had Adelphia service would be left without Fox and ABC starting Monday.

Time Warner Mid-Ohio Division spokeswoman Judy Barbao said Time Warner sent a proposal to Sinclair early Saturday morning. The two companies were still “actively negotiating” as of 7 p.m. Saturday.

“We’re still optimistic it’s going to get done before the deadline,” Barbao said.
    Barbao previously reported that Time Warner had a corporate conference Friday that indicated the two groups were getting close to an agreement.

The two companies are disputing because Sinclair Broadcast Group wants Time Warner to pay a fee for carrying the local affiliates, which Time Warner did not have to do under Sinclair’s deal with Adelphia.

Time Warner customers in Newark, Heath, Hebron, Granville and Buckeye Lake are among those in parts of 32 Ohio counties who could lose some local affiliates.

The lengthy battle has led some cable customers to switch to satellite alternatives.

Some customers have been angered by the prospect of not being able to watch the BCS National Championship game and favorite shows that appear on Fox and ABC, such as “Desperate Housewives,” “24” and “American Idol.”
    I am assuming that it is not custom for local affiliates to charge a cable company. However, Time Warner could have at least worked out to make these channels optional with a de minimus surcharge to defray the costs. Just an example of innocent customers getting in the middle of bull-headed corporate spats.

Turn Off Ads?