Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Big Talk From T.J. (Houshmandzadeh)

Big Talk From T.J. (Houshmandzadeh)

TJ speaks:

Big Talk From T.J.
    Posted by Mike Florio on June 26, 2009, 7:50 a.m. EDT

Before the 2009 free-agency cycle, we really hadn’t paid much attention to former Bengals receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

But after he went on ESPN’s SportsCenter on the eve of the spending spree and gushed about playing with Vikings running back Adrian Peterson not long after telling ESPN The Magazine that Houshmandzadeh planned to sign with whoever offered him the most money, we’ve been curious to see whether this career-long No. 2 wideout can become a No. 1 performer in Seattle’s offense.

If confidence were the sole factor, then Jerry Rice would be wise to worry about his all-time records.

In the current issue of Sporting News, Houshmandzadeh shared some observations regarding his new team — and his old one — with Dennis Dillon.

“I just want to let everyone know that Matt Hasselbeck and I will be leading the Seahawks to the playoffs this season,” Houshmandzadeh proclaims. “And we’ll be going to the Pro Bowl as a tandem. We’re both going to have top five seasons: He’ll have a top five quarterback season, and I’ll have a top five receiving season. I’ll put up stats I’ve never had before yardswise because they’re allowing me to be a complete receiver.”

Top five receiving season? As Chad Ochocinco would say, “Child please.”

Even if Houshmandzadeh somehow accomplishes that goal, he serves no purpose by publicly declaring it now. Because it’ll only make him look foolish if he doesn’t deliver on his vow.

Then again, we’re not surprised by evidence suggesting T.J. doesn’t get it. Consider his explanation regarding life in Seattle: “It’s so different from Cincinnati, where I played for eight years. When you’d go out there, there were always people stopping you to take your picture or get your autograph. In Seattle, you can just go about your business. There are so many millionaires out there that they couldn’t care less who you are.”

Maybe the truth is that no one in Seattle in inclined to gush over Cincinnati based on what he did as Ochocinco’s second fiddle, and that they want to see whether T.J. can get it done with the Seahawks.

Or maybe they’re simply no longer impressed by big-name receivers who seem to disappear once they suit up for the Seahawks.

Source: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-talk-from-tj/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Big Talk From T.J. (Houshmandzadeh)

Oh, how I wish we played them.

Seattle sucks and Hasselbeck is one of the most overrated QB's in the game.

I love TJ.

Senor Votto

“It’s so different from Cincinnati, where I played for eight years. When you’d go out there, there were always people stopping you to take your picture or get your autograph. In Seattle, you can just go about your business. There are so many millionaires out there that they couldn’t care less who you are.”

Or they just don't care about you TJ

Did the door hit him on the rear as he left?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Did the door hit him on the rear as he left?
    Reading these comments, I would hope so.

This coming from a guy who refused to show up at most of the minicamps and seldom practiced at all last summer. Marvin has often talked about the "me" players on this team. I think we found one.

For all the positive things TJ brings, and lets not act as if we're a better team simply for him leaving, I've often said it will be easier for Carson to do his job when there's only one jerk in the huddle screaming that he was open on the last play as opposed to two.

I think this kind of attitude has made TJ the kind of player he is today. He was a 7th round draft pick and translated that into two big time contracts. He has talked and played with a chip on his shoulder for his entire career, why would he stop? Would you want him to stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    This coming from a guy who refused to show up at most of the minicamps and seldom practiced at all last summer. Marvin has often talked about the "me" players on this team. I think we found one.
    And he's probably one of the few players who showed up and played everyday. He should be a fan-favorite from Bengals fans but never received the popularity he should be due.

For all the positive things TJ brings, and lets not act as if we're a better team simply for him leaving, I've often said it will be easier for Carson to do his job when there's only one jerk in the huddle screaming that he was open on the last play as opposed to two.
    Actually, it'll be easier with a better OL so they can protect the Bengals statue in the pocket.

I will not miss this stuff.

He is a nice player, but goodness, just shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I will not miss this stuff.

He is a nice player, but goodness, just shut up.
    There's only one way to shut someone up, and the Cincinnati Bengals, under Mike Brown, have not been good at it.

Turn Off Ads?