Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

UK fans hereby forfeit the right to ever complain about Tony Greene. What a hose job.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Meh. The call at six seconds (Vandy's ball out of bounds) was just as bad.

The officiating was very poor. Of course, so was the play. Neither team had a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Wouldnt you love to hear what the ESPN big guys told him ?
    Apparently not about how the shot clock worked.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/...-clock-is.html

I love the General, but I wish he could stop talking so I could stop loving him a little bit less everytime he opens his mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Of course, it should have been a tie game at that point.

And there was a questionable OB call that went Kentucky's way down the stretch also. (I actually thought both of them should have been jump balls, FWIW.)

And I'll disagree that it was a poorly officiated game. I thought the foul calls were pretty decent. But they blew that shot clock call big as all creation.

And you're also right that neither of those teams is very good. Proud of how hard the Vandy kids played, however. Just missed way too many open shots.

The UK team I saw in the first half is pretty damn good.

The UK team I saw in the 2nd half was an abomination.

Kyle Wiltjer.... good lawd.......

I've seen it explained that if you go by the game clock and when Vandy later received the ball after Nerlens' bucket, there had to be .4 seconds on the shot clock when Nerlens' shot was released.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

The UK team I saw in the 2nd half was an abomination.

Kyle Wiltjer.... good lawd.......

I've seen it explained that if you go by the game clock and when Vandy later received the ball after Nerlens' bucket, there had to be .4 seconds on the shot clock when Nerlens' shot was released.
    There was more than that. Bob Knight explained that there was 17.3 seconds left, I don't even know why they were reviewing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    There was more than that. Bob Knight explained that there was 17.3 seconds left, I don't even know why they were reviewing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Knight's insanity during that segment seriously made me wonder if he imbibed some of Grandpa's special cough medicine during halftime or something. He seriously sounded loopy.

Stat geek...and proud

Bob Knight's insanity during that segment seriously made me wonder if he imbibed some of Grandpa's special cough medicine during halftime or something. He seriously sounded loopy.
    Yeah he was totally confused. He was like somebody trying to explain a 1 point safety.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

part of BBN

Last night's game showed why I think of this team more of a Sweet 16 as far as ceiling. On a given night they can beat anyone. At this point, I just dont think they can win a string of games like 5 or 6 in a row at tourney time.
    Even on the inbounds play toward the end, most teams can lob the ball up to a big guy but we have to keep ours on the bench cause they arent good at the line and thus we lose the ball out of bounds.
    Vandy played with alot of grit and didnt give up.
    However as I told someone today, for the last several seasons, I was more than happy for UK to leave Nashville with a win, one point or 10. This year.....I was looking for them to assert themselves and they didnt.
    Still hoping for improvement.....Go Big blue !

They shot better. They gave up a slew of offensive rebounds and turned it over too much.

All ills are covered up when you shoot well. Especially when your opponent doesn't.

The halves weren't that much different except Vandy played better on offense. And UK never adjusted to the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

The officiating was very poor. Of course, so was the play. Neither team had a good game.
    I agree it was. That was plainly a makeup call. Anytime you have Tony Greene calling a game anymore something strange is going to happen.
    I thought UK played well for about 28 minutes. They saw that zone and just went beserk. Like they had never seen one before in their life. Sweet 16 is probably the most this team can accomplish. But right now I will be satisfied with just making the NCAA's.
    The Knight alzheimer moment at the end was funny. The two clocks together just totally confused him.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Awfully quiet in here.

part of BBN

Noel showing lots of improvement every game. Unfortunately, another loss though.
    Granted, A & M is a better team than most realize but still, UK has to win these games at home.
    NIT is not out of the question at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Awfully quiet in here.
    I don't know who's worse, UofL fans or IU fans. Neither has won a championship in a combined 53 years of basketball, yet they trash talk fans of a school that has completely owned them in every possible way, and has three championships in the last 16 years. I guess when you've been post-season garbage for so long, the regular season is all you have. The funny thing is, one of you is going home a loser this year too, and probably both of you. Then what?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I don't know who's worse, UofL fans or IU fans. Neither has won a championship in a combined 53 years of basketball, yet they trash talk fans of a school that has completely owned them in every possible way, and has three championships in the last 16 years. I guess when you've been post-season garbage for so long, the regular season is all you have. The funny thing is, one of you is going home a loser this year too, and probably both of you. Then what?
    Who cares? Fact of the matter is, both have a FAR better shot of winning the NC this year than UK does. So quit trying to play to history when you're having a down year. You embraced this coach and the culture that comes with it. So don't cry when it goes bad... And this year... Oh God is it going bad.

The thing you should worry about... What happens in the next few years when one of your hired guns gets upset about playing time and spills the beans? It's bound to happen. And at that point, you're a decade removed from winning a NC yourself. I wouldn't hang my hat on NC #vaca8
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Turn Off Ads?