Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Artists You Simply Cannot Stand

Re: Artists You Simply Cannot Stand

Nickelback, of course. "Here's a song with sexual innuendo...Like it? He's another one. Like that one? Here's 12 more with the same riff." It's disappointing, because the guy has a really good voice for a rocker.

Macy Gray. Her stuff could be the best ever for all I know, I can't listen to it. That voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

The Doors (ducks to avoid flying shoes). It's not logical whatsoever because I can't really name an actual reason, but I can't listen to their music. At all.

Baby/Birdman - Worst. Rapper. Ever. How can someone essentially raise a talented lyricist like Lil' Wayne and have no talent himself? Does not compute.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    The Doors (ducks to avoid flying shoes). It's not logical whatsoever because I can't really name an actual reason, but I can't listen to their music. At all.
    I find the cheesy keyboard stuff pretty appalling and I can understand hating them but yet...
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    And you can prove that....how?
    Prove my opinion???

Honestly, if you don't like Prince, that's cool with me.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 03-19-2009 at 09:42 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    But GAC is right about Little River Band. Help was never on the way for them.
    There's a reason those losers were lonesome.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack2880 View Post
    toby keith, nickelback, kid rock, limp bizkit, hinder, mudvayne, ac/dc, rush, guns n roses, van halen, etc. give me time, i'm at work. i'll add to this list.
    May the gods of rock smite you from this earth! j/k

Honestly though Rush is one of those bands you either love or hate.

Quote Originally Posted by redsbuckeye View Post
    May the gods of rock smite you from this earth! j/k

Honestly though Rush is one of those bands you either love or hate.
    I'm of the latter persuasion. I find Geddy Lee's voice grating.

Hating G n'R, Prince, and Van Halen? Sad, sad, sad.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Prove my opinion???

Honestly, if you don't like Prince, that's cool with me.
    Well, you said I it was being "disingenuous."

That means you think I'm being insincere or not genuine, not giving my true opinion. I assure you, I think Prince is awful LOL....

But listen- this is all in fun and I know you know that, so to each his own.

Steve Perry and Prince?

Yeah I'd say more Billy Rogell and Joltin Joe DiMaggio.
    Steve Perry is listed in the top 100 singers of all time, ranked by surveying music industry people.

Sure, Prince is higher on that list, but Perry being on it shows that I would not be alone in thinking the gap is a bit smaller than the one you propose.

Corporate rock is fun to make fun of, but Perry is considered by many to be the best voice of the past 30 years, and for me, he's a better vocalist than Prince. The music may not be your cup of tea, but Perry's range goes into the highest register for males.

It's all opinion, sure, and this stuff is fun to debate, but it's not like Steve Perry is Mark McGrath.

Corporate rock is fun to make fun of, but Perry is considered by many to be the best voice of the past 30 years
    And here I am over 45 and never met any of them... crazy.. especially considering I lived in The Bay Area during the 80's.

BTW Billy Rogell was considered quite a player back in "his" day.. they still talk about Joe though.

FWIW Prince can be in my band any day, he doesn't even have to sing, dance or write songs.. just give him a guitar and watch him tear it up... like in this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifp_SVrlurY

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    FWIW Prince can be in my band any day, he doesn't even have to sing, dance or write songs.. just give him a guitar and watch him tear it up... like in this
    He's quite a bassist, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Well, you said I it was being "disingenuous."

That means you think I'm being insincere or not genuine, not giving my true opinion. I assure you, I think Prince is awful LOL....
    I believe you hate Prince. I just didn't think you would really, REALLY put him on the same level as Journey or Matchbox 20.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    He's quite a bassist, too.
    Drummer? Yep. Check out Dirty Mind--except for a few synth fills, that's all Prince. The guy's a wunderkind. And he's a mean producer for sides.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Hating G n'R, Prince, and Van Halen? Sad, sad, sad.
    I like Prince, but I can see how people don't like him.

G'n'R and VH though, wow. 2 of the best bands of all-time.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Jack johnson, jason Mraz UGHHH just shove sharpened penciles through my ear drums:runawaycr:runawaycr i just dont get either of them.

Turn Off Ads?