Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

All I can say is WOW!!!

Hats off to Ohio State for a great game. I'm glad UNC won too because I think the emotion of this game would have caught up with them playing Marquette. Looking forward to payback against UNC and hopefully UConn.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    All I can say is WOW!!!

Hats off to Ohio State for a great game. I'm glad UNC won too because I think the emotion of this game would have caught up with them playing Marquette. Looking forward to payback against UNC and hopefully UConn.
    Best coaching job of coach Cal career....best UK game since the 98 Duke game.
    Yet another SEC win over a big 10 team! Yawn....
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Think we can get Josh a try-out with the Reds? Quite a fastball...

http://gif.mocksession.com/2011/03/rocketarm/

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Think we can get Josh a try-out with the Reds? Quite a fastball...

http://gif.mocksession.com/2011/03/rocketarm/
    Who cares about his fastball? If he's just gonna shoot 78% from the field for the rest of his life then he should stick to basketball.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Who cares about his fastball? If he's just gonna shoot 78% from the field for the rest of his life then he should stick to basketball.
    We might have the next Bo Jackson on our hands...

Jorts Jackson

I was surprised and waiting for this thread to pop up all week, and it never did. I think the most surprised people that UK won are its fans
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I was surprised and waiting for this thread to pop up all week, and it never did. I think the most surprised people that UK won are its fans
    Not sure what you mean, this thread was bumped yesterday before the game and the day before that and the day before that etc. etc. ....

UK fans aren't as surprised as Clark Kellogg who couldn't manage a SINGLE word for the final 3 minutes of the broadcast after Knight's dagger last night...
    Last edited by WMR; 03-26-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    OSU isn't Vandy, thats for sure. The issue I see with that is Sullinger is the best post player I have seen in years. He would dominate Harrellson in the low block. But lets assume that Sullinger can be contained by one UK defender. The next issue is that both Lighty and Bufford are very good drivers. Lighty is one heck of a slasher and Bufford has a great mid range game. Heck Lighty isn't really the threat the other two are from 3. If they play to prevent the 3 both Lighty and Bufford can beat defenders off the bounce.

It a testament to how good OSU is that Lighty was the player that went off from 3 against George Mason. It really shows their versatility and depth that basically their 3rd option from deep went off. If Lighty is connecting from 3 then he is a dangerous dangerous player. You can't overplay the 3 because he will drive right by you. If you play off he has the ability to hit the shot. I would actually make him beat you from the outside. The moment he gets by you and into the lane he becomes a great slasher and passer.

The only way I have seen teams keep it close is by playing a ball control offense. Northwestern played them tough twice by playing a Princeton style of offense and Wisconsin beat them by playing their brand of basketball. I don't know how successful UK could be in playing that style. We all saw how Princeton almost did them in by playing that style of ball. You can hope from the Purdue style win, playing a great game at home and having your all american type wing man go off for 30+. I wouldn't count on that.
    I think Jorts and Buford both missed the memo.

Nice lucky win last night, OSU would win 9 out of 10 times but this happened to be the one that counts. Ugly shot by Knight as he flailed it up at the end there, surprised that fell... I guess luck was on your side, the bball gods felt bad considering anything won under Cal's reign will be retracted in the future. Good luck vs. UNC, I hate the Tar Heels as well but I think I'll be a fan on Sunday.

I'll admit this was the first OSU game that I watched, so I'm probably way off base here... but it seemed like they lacked toughness. I could tell they had alot of talented players on their team... just seemed like UK wanted it more and were willing to continue to be 'pesky' and get in their faces. It's amazing that UK was able to keep this up the whole game considering they pretty much just played 6 players lol

Also, I felt like Harrison knew he was probably out matched but refused to give anything less than 100%.... looking at the box score, I guess he didn't handle Sullinger at all, but watching the game, it seemed like Harrelson was really giving him a tough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Nice lucky win last night, OSU would win 9 out of 10 times but this happened to be the one that counts. Ugly shot by Knight as he flailed it up at the end there, surprised that fell... I guess luck was on your side, the bball gods felt bad considering anything won under Cal's reign will be retracted in the future. Good luck vs. UNC, I hate the Tar Heels as well but I think I'll be a fan on Sunday.
    Classy.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 03-26-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Not sure what you mean, this thread was bumped yesterday before the game and the day before that and the day before that etc. etc. ....

UK fans aren't as surprised as Clark Kellogg who couldn't manage a SINGLE word for the final 3 minutes of the broadcast after Knight's dagger last night...
    Always gotta play the victim card right? Clark Kellog couldn't have been any more objective than he was last night.

I praise you for at least attempting to act classy since last night. It's a first from you.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Always gotta play the victim card right? Clark Kellog couldn't have been any more objective than he was last night.

I praise you for at least attempting to act classy since last night. It's a first from you.
    Thanks for the backhanded compliment I suppose.

I'm sure you'll get there too someday, Cedric.

Credit to Matta and the Bucks esp. Diebler, classy squad.

And they say UK fans are obnoxious? OSU had a great season, enjoy it. Don't come slam the team that beat you or make excuses for the loss.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

As a North Carolina fan I hope you are saying you'll be a fan for Kentucky this Sunday. Cause we don't want you rooting for UNC.

Although I doubt Kentucky fans want you rooting for them either......
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?