Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is a....

It is a....

Girl. I just found out the other day that my wife is having a little girl. She is due March 14. We are working on names now.

I can't wait. It will be my first child.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: It is a....

Congrats.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Jpup, congratulations.

We are about to have our first as well, a boy.

It's pretty exciting, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Jpup, congratulations.

We are about to have our first as well, a boy.

It's pretty exciting, isn't it?
    It's all I think about. I can't believe I am going to be a father in less than 5 months.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Awesome news guys. My son is 10 months old now and I honestly can't tell you what happened to the last year and a half. It's a crazy whirlwind.

Enjoy those moments - my son's birth still feels like it happened yesterday.

My son just turned 2 years old. It's like we're shifting gears -- now, instead of constant care, he requires constant play. It's a lot more fun now.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Awesome news guys. My son is 10 months old now and I honestly can't tell you what happened to the last year and a half. It's a crazy whirlwind.

Enjoy those moments - my son's birth still feels like it happened yesterday.
    I hear you. I just got married a little over a month ago after being engaged for a couple months and now we are looking forward to the little one. The last year of my life has been amazing and stressful and awesome all at the same time. I also bought my first home during the past year. I've been through a lot, but I love it and wouldn't change it for anything. I have the best wife anyone could ask for and a home that I love. The days, weeks, and months just fly by.

Emily is a great name. At least my 10 year old daughter Emily thinks so.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    My son just turned 2 years old. It's like we're shifting gears -- now, instead of constant care, he requires constant play. It's a lot more fun now.
    Dad = Amusement park.

My kids are six and eight. I'm pretty much one big bruise.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Congrats........greatest days of my life were when my kids were born.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Emily is a great name. At least my 10 year old daughter Emily thinks so.
    I have an Emily, too. Also forgot to say congrats to jpup! It's hard to describe what it's like turning into a dad; it probably hits us all in a slightly different way. What I can say as the father of a girl is this, prepare to be owned.
    Completely and utterly.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

My first two kids are girls, followed by my son. They're 20 thru 25 now and let me tell you, it's unbelievable awesome. And in the midst of them growing up, in the day to day of it, you'll look back and think, "What happened?". It just flies by. Of course, a few years ago, we pulled up to my wife's old parish with her mom, then about 83, and she said to our kids, "that's where my second grade room was," and then added, "how on earth did I get to be 83 years old?!?". And my 101 year old neighbor was recalling getting caught in a tornado at her uncles house in 1917, when she was ten (this after the huge windstorm).
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Girl. I just found out the other day that my wife is having a little girl. She is due March 14. We are working on names now.

I can't wait. It will be my first child.
    Congratulations!

The best advice I can give is to try and keep a level head. There will be some bumps along the way, but just remind yourself that virtually everyone goes through this at some point in their lives. Our parents weren't geniuses, but they figured things out.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I have an Emily, too. Also forgot to say congrats to jpup! It's hard to describe what it's like turning into a dad; it probably hits us all in a slightly different way. What I can say as the father of a girl is this, prepare to be owned.
    Completely and utterly.
    quoted for truth. I have 2 girls Emily - 10, and Kayla - 19.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Congrats.

My I suggest a name?

Soda

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?