Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hamilton's Errors

Hamilton's Errors

It's been his biggest problem this season... 15 of them so far. Does anyone know what type they mostly are? Throwing or fielding?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hamilton's Errors

Its a mix of both really

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

His fielding isn't close to his biggest problem this season. The guy hasn't hit at all.

No offense to the poster, but do we really need 4 different Hamilton threads on the first page? It seems a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    No offense to the poster, but do we really need 4 different Hamilton threads on the first page? It seems a bit much.
    I have no problems with the mods merging it. Probably wasn't deserving of it's own thread anyway... I just didn't know which thread to put it under.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    His fielding isn't close to his biggest problem this season. The guy hasn't hit at all.
    He should not be switch hitting at all

He looks lost up there at times

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    He should not be switch hitting at all

He looks lost up there at times
    At the same time, every now and again he will flash a reason as to why you don't want to give up on it just yet.

Right now, he is really, really struggling left-handed. In the last series, I think he went 0 for 9 with seven strikeouts (all swinging I think). Question is: Is he just overmatched, or is it mental right now and something he can get himself out of? The next week or so will provide the answers for the short-term. Hard to say. Lots and lots of swings and misses on fastballs lately.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

He's never going to be a shortstop at the Big League level. He has 2B written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    He's never going to be a shortstop at the Big League level. He has 2B written all over him.
    I've never seen anyone mention him as a potential CF. I would think with his blazing speed, he'd make a pretty awesome centerfielder. If he can play short, he has the arm, right?

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I've never seen anyone mention him as a potential CF. I would think with his blazing speed, he'd make a pretty awesome centerfielder. If he can play short, he has the arm, right?
    If his bat never really comes around I think CF has to be his future.

I think at 2B you need a little pop.

Low OPS/a bunch of SB's + athletic = CF.

Juan Pierre or a Michael Bourne wouldn't be a bad target.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

He's still considered a top prospect though, my opinion is we should be selling high on him.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I think sometimes we need to step back and remember that the minor leagues are for development. "Really athletic, but really raw" was the book on Hamilton coming out of the draft, and guys like that need coaching, hard work and a lot of time to develop their skills. Not every high draft pick is on the fast track. Still, it's like, we know the pot roast is going to take hours, but we can't help opening the oven door every five minutes to check.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Turn Off Ads?