Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

Re: The 2010 Central Division Champions...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I don't need an excuse to drink. I need an excuse *not* to.
    Amen brother

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

That video of the guy behind home plate calling it was freaking awesome! Brought tears to my eyes...AGAIN!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Amazing. I didn't get to watch the game last night, but I DVR'd it as always and watched it this morning. I made it all night without finding out anything about the game. I was sweating all over throughout the game. My wife thinks I'm nuts. She doesn't understand that besides her and my child, the Reds are it.

It has all been worth it. The Music City Miracle was great, but last night's game was the best sports moment of my life. I've never cried over any ball game, but I did today. Everything about it was perfect.

World, here comes Jay Bruce. What about Drew Stubbs?

Great thread and great stories guys.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

BTW, for those here who kept saying they hoped the Cardinals would win on Monday so we could win at home, my hat's off to you. While I was among those who didn't want to tempt fate, winning the title that way could never have been as sweet as what occurred last night. Kudos to you for standing firmly against any hint of bad karma. And the Cardinals lost last night to boot, just to be sure the stake had been driven through their heart.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Well, if all they're going to do is spray it, you've got a point, but a certain amount of bubbly is ingested and the alcohol does make a difference at that point. Actually what I saw was most of the players drinking from these huge red cans of Budweiser. I'm sure that was what was given to them but if I were a professional player I would have opted for a better beer
    I only caught a quick glimpse of it, but on SportsCenter, it looked to me that Tampa (or maybe the Yankees?) were using Natty.

I would have found it funny if the team from the Nati celebrated with Natty.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    New banner outside Crosley Terrace:

http://plixi.com/p/47808042
    As an Ohio fan, not a city fan (Reds, Browns, Buckeyes), can we replace the LeBron banner in Cleveland with that please?
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Had to get in this thread.

Best forum on the interwebs and favorite team I've ever rooted for. Life is good!
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Really happy for those who got to see this and witness Fountain Square after the game and the celebration afterwards in the ball park.

I can't help but be a bit envious and wish I was there!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Apparently I didn't dream it and some of the players really did head to Fountain Square last night because Channel 5 has some pics up on their website!

Photo Link: http://www.wlwt.com/slideshow/sports...74/detail.html

I have managed to survive my day at work (not much of an attention span but hey, I didn't fall asleep at my desk : ) and I only needed that one Mt. Dew this morning. Go figure, although I know I'll be crashing very hard later tonight, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Dear God somebody needs to get Cueto some new shirts. He looks like a frat boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Apparently I didn't dream it and some of the players really did head to Fountain Square last night because Channel 5 has some pics up on their website!

Photo Link: http://www.wlwt.com/slideshow/sports...74/detail.html
    That is too freakin' cool!!!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

This is awesome, growing up in the lost generation, It was really hard going year after year without any winners. But I did, the Bengals teased, and still are. But the Reds making the playoffs is by far one of the greatest moments of my life. it has made all the trouble wroth while.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I can't get over how much of a shot Bruce's hit was. That thing was plastered out there into center.
    It was amazing. He has struggled, even in this game, with trying to pull everything to right....no matter where it's pitched.

He got his arms out....with a nice, easy swing, and absolutely crushed that ball to the left of center. I was so proud of him (and Jim Edmonds of course)
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

ORG Infidel

I was driving into work yesterday morning and knew that it was going to be last night. I was thinking about the reds, came around a curve and took this picture with my cell phone:

Great game last night, and a great season thus far.

My mind turns to Jay Bruce. I remember hearing him interviewed after he was drafted saying he was happy to be joining the Reds because Ken Griffey Jr. was his favorite player. I was at Bruce's MLB debut, and I watched and wondered what was going through his head when during a break in play, he was standing in center talking with Griffey, his hero, and Dunn. Then, last night, he hits the shot.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?