Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does this make anyone else cringe?

Does this make anyone else cringe?

AL Home Runs

1 Josh Hamilton, TXR 21 HR
    2. Adam Dunn, CHW 16
    3. Edwin Encarnacion, TOR 16

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Does this make anyone else cringe?

1 Absolutely. Best player in baseball hands down.

2 A little. He was an open book. It was traditionally a homerun or a strikeout. In a ballpark that gives up as many long balls as gabp you can't have errors or lack of range in the field because it means extra baserunners, which will kill you. But as they say chicks, and many guys, dig the long ball. His monsterous homers were fun to watch.

3 Absolutely not. I'll never blame a team for trading a player who's the better part of 30 and hasn't got it at the plate or on defense.
    Last edited by SidneySlicker; 05-30-2012 at 12:23 PM.

May as well include Paul Konerko on that list. His season has been stellar to date

Hamilton? Sure.

I don't miss Donkey or EE that much, though. My attitude might be different on those two IF we had a designated hitter. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by UCBrownsfan View Post
    AL Home Runs

1 Josh Hamilton, TXR 21 HR
    2. Adam Dunn, CHW 16
    3. Edwin Encarnacion, TOR 16
    Yet, the REDS still are leading the National League in OPS over the last 16 days. It just goes to show you how little the franchise has needed Power Hitters, as they always have a ton of them throughout their system. The REDS breed Power Hitters the way the Dodgers always bred Starting Pitchers.

Now that the REDS finally have the Pitching, thanks to trading away this abundance of power (don't forget the careers someday of Yasmani Grandal and Yonder Alonso), the REDS finally have enough pitching to contend for a World Series. Hamilton, Dunn, and EE would never have gotten them there if we had kept them. We needed to go after Starting Pitching. We don't get Latos, who will prove his worth over the next several seasons, unless we get rid of Hamilton.

The REDS still need more starting pitching, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the direction they go in the June Draft.

Not at all, both Dunn and Edwin are DH..so they can't play in the NL and Hamilton is unaffordable for the Reds, or you would have to decide on either keeping him or Votto and I like what Votto brings mroe then Hamilton.

I wouldn't want the Donkey or EE back, and we have our franchise first baseman already, so Konerko isn't an option either.

It's interesting to me....but no cringing at all. I loved Hamilton and Dunn but it's been a few years since having either.

EE....not at all, drove me nuts with his inconsistency and shaky on routine plays defense.

Konerko......heck of a career and he was very highly touted....but Reds weren't interested I guess.

Not as much as seeing this topic reposted as a new thread over and over and over and over makes me cringe.

You got anything new to add?

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

double post

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Konerko......heck of a career and he was very highly touted....but Reds weren't interested I guess.
    Hard to pay any attention to Konerko.

Casey chewed everyone's ears off.

Redleger13

Hardly.
    1. He was thought to be injury prone and unstable because of his addictions. Sure, he turned out, but that wasn't entirely foreseeable.
    2. Big Donkey had and still doesn't have average and is a liability with his glove. He is novel in that he can hit the ball very far but that's all he has.
    3. We got an all-star season from this deal and Encarnacion turned out to be a bit of a late bloomer, there was no way to have known that.
    Mr. Redlegs - 2012

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Hard to pay any attention to Konerko.

Casey chewed everyone's ears off.
    Casey definitely had the better career....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Luke View Post
    Hardly.
    1. He was thought to be injury prone and unstable because of his addictions. Sure, he turned out, but that wasn't entirely foreseeable.
    2. Big Donkey had and still doesn't have average and is a liability with his glove. He is novel in that he can hit the ball very far but that's all he has.
    3. We got an all-star season from this deal and Encarnacion turned out to be a bit of a late bloomer, there was no way to have known that.
    Hamilton was not a surprise except that his health has been pretty good.....he was touted like Griffey and ARod when drafted.

Dunn is one of the most consistent players of all-time....everyone knows what he'll do from series to series. His career OB% is far better than what most all of the Reds even sniff of getting....but he's been gone a while and this is old news.

Home runs are the most over rated stat in all of sports. That being said Josh Hamiliton is the best player in baseball, and was involved in one of the worst trades in reds history. That makes me cringe.

Turn Off Ads?