Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lingering Injuries?

Lingering Injuries?

Plenty of time has passed and I am sure that with his work ethic, Joey Votto is back to 100%. However I have not heard or read this to be true, via the Enquirer or other "well respected" news source. Same for Johnny Cueto. Are we to believe that the knee and oblique are fully healed respectively?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lingering Injuries?

fwiw, I saw several reports that Votto is not yet back to 100%, and that is why he is not as of now playing for Canada in the WBC (but stated he would like to if fully healthy).

I have heard nothing on Cueto, but the abdominal strain/ back issue should be fully healed by now (assuming that is actually the injury he had). Even so, if I were the Reds i would not want Cueto anywhere near the WBC, and would do whatever possible to prevent it.

You would think Cueto would be fine by now. I don't think anybody will fully know Joey is 100% pre-injury Votto until he plays again.

This article should help shed some light on Cueto...

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...n-great-shape/

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post

Thanks, Money.

Almost ask and I shall receive!

but the comments by the *****y bird brigade to the article are almost too funny.... WLBs still don't know how to explain it to their sons

Just more proof that Joey Votto is the best hitter in baseball. Not 100% physically and power sapped? No problem. In 105 PA, upon returning to the lineup, Joey Baseball adjusts to the situation at hand and posts a .505 OBP in September.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPete Ibold View Post
    but the comments by the *****y bird brigade to the article are almost too funny.... WLBs still don't know how to explain it to their sons
    not a Cueto article goes by without 'em
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Tre View Post
    not a Cueto article goes by without 'em
    My favorite is the guy who says he watches it on a regular basis.....really? Why? I can honestly say I rarely think about the brawl even when they are playing the Cardinals.

Im so eager to hear Joeys numbers come out of Spring Training.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post

He is coming into camp in the best shape of his life?

Uh oh.

Gotta believe there's a bit of mental element to Votto too...he needs to play a bit at 100 percent so he himself KNOWS he's 100 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    Gotta believe there's a bit of mental element to Votto too...he needs to play a bit at 100 percent so he himself KNOWS he's 100 percent.
    I agree 100%. No athlete that relies on his knee will think they are 100% until they can go out at full game speed and really test the knee. Football players always talk about needing to be hit to get back and know everything is fine. We all know Votto is a major perfectionist. He just needs to get out there and go so he knows for sure he is ready for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPete Ibold View Post
    Thanks, Money.

Almost ask and I shall receive!

Not a Problem

Turn Off Ads?