Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What do you think of the new ORG guidelines?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like them better!

40 33.33%
  • I liked the posts/rep criteria better.

48 40.00%
  • I'm indifferent, can we talk about firing Narron some more?

32 26.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on RZ changes

Opinions on RZ changes

As the recent changes impact those of us without ORG status, it seemed worthwhile to see how you feel about them.

I honestly don't know. At a certain level, I like the definitive nature of x posts and y rep versus an anonymous, black box ORG vote.

OTOH, posters that didn't meet the old criteria but present valuable new perspectives may get in sooner.

On a related note, I find many of the Sun Deck threads at least as interesting as what goes on in ORG. Guess I'll just keep plugging away and aspire to ORG status someday...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opinions on RZ changes

I don't post here often and have no clue what happened. Could someone update me? I'd like to know what happened to the Reds Live forum.......that is where I hung out.

I hate this new setup..........and I just realized it was new. I almost wondered if I had had privileges taken away from me for some unknown reason.

Anyway.........I think the board sucks now. Just my opinion. Instead of all Reds fans being able to post on here..........and not all Reds fans feel the need to post every 5 minutes, hourly or even daily.........but maybe once a week or once every couple of weeks................this board has become a clique for only those who frequent it alot.

I think the new setup sucks. I'm thinking about starting a new Reds Board with Forums...........this one has gone down the drain.

Schnickelfritz

I thought the whole rep thing was pretty bloody... what's the word... unnecessary. Were the boards in that bad a shape that users have to be okayed just to get an avatar?

While I am disappointed to have my ORG privileges taken away, I understand the purpose of doing it this way. And I don't really have a problem with it, hopefully I'll be able to get back in sooner or later. We'll see.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

The ONLY thing that I don't understand is not letting ORG posters use the SunDeck.

Other than that, I don't really have a problem with any of it.

They call me "chef"

The rep system was often used a way for people to attack others without being caught by moderators. Poster A would send a snarky comment and a negative rep to Poster B and what usually ended up happening was that Poster B would be the one to get in trouble for bringing it up in the public thread. This happened often usually without consequence to the original tricksters, so I am glad with the new changes.

I dislike not being able to talk to the newbies. I feel like General Pinochet.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Its a forum, our lives really havent changed. I just liked the chance to relpy to all posts but I found I rarely left post in the ORG anyway so whats the big deal?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I dodn't care for the rep points much and reall don't like the new system, but, it's not my board, I dont have to do the work that Boss and GIK do, so what works for them is what really matters.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Gamethread. I want a freaking gamethread that I can post in.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Gamethread. I want a freaking gamethread that I can post in.
    The one thing I would like to do is talk about tonight's lineup. The problem is that if I started a discussion about tonight's lineup it will inevitably turn into a game thread and I don't want to be responsible for starting a game thread where there isn't supposed to be one. But that's one of the privileges of being in the ORG and I hope I get back there, until then I'll have to wait until after the games to talk about the lineups. Oh well.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I dislike not being able to talk to the newbies. I feel like General Pinochet.

Not just newbies, plenty of us that have been around for awhile that will miss getting into with the most negative Reds fan ever.

I really don't post that much, but I really miss not being able to discuss the games. I also think ORG posters should be able to post in the Sun Deck. They often provide very good analysis and responses and help create better discussion.

I have no problem not being allowed to post in ORG, but I think ORG posters should be allowed to post in the Sun Deck. I think the Sun Deck is a very watered down Reds Live.

Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Its a forum, our lives really havent changed. I just liked the chance to relpy to all posts but I found I rarely left post in the ORG anyway so whats the big deal?
    Ditto that I'm sorry for those who were kicked out of the ORG though. I am relatively new and while I was gaining Rep. pretty quick, I wasn't a member of the ORG. I understand how it must be pretty upsetting to feel that you aren't wanted in a "Club" anymore after you have been a member, whether it was for a long or short period of time

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Ditto that I'm sorry for those who were kicked out of the ORG though. I am relatively new and while I was gaining Rep. pretty quick, I wasn't a member of the ORG. I understand how it must be pretty upsetting to feel that you aren't wanted in a "Club" anymore after you have been a member, whether it was for a long or short period of time
    I was in the club but dont really want to be in the new club. If elected I will not serve.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?