Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

First up here is the (TV) schedule for the opening round of the playoffs:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

I don't see any upsets in the first round as the top four seeds in each conference will advance into the second round. If there is a team that might get upset it is the Spurs. But I think there is only a slim chance of that. Thunder and Nuggets could be pretty entertaining.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

There's a zero percent chance that all four top seeds will advance in each conference.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Good news: The Pacers are back in the playoffs.

Bad news: They do not match up well against the Bulls. The Pacers would have had a much better shot against the interior defensively-starved Heat, who should have a relatively easy time with a crippled 76ers team.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 04-15-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    There's a zero percent chance that all four top seeds will advance in each conference.
    I wouldn't go that far, but I'll give the Knicks, Blazers and Nuggets a fighting chance to pull off a first-round upset.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

GO SIXERS! I have been a fan since the late 70's.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    GO SIXERS! I have been a fan since the late 70's.
    I'd love to see the 76ers pull it off.

As an aside, I still consider the 1983 76ers the best team I've ever seen, but that's a topic for another thread.

Sixers played Miami tough but could not get the win.

http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2011/eas....html?g=1&t=bs
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Good news: The Pacers are back in the playoffs.

Bad news: They do not match up well against the Bulls. The Pacers would have had a much better shot against the interior defensively-starved Heat, who should have a relatively easy time with a crippled 76ers team.
    I watched the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter of Game 1 in this series and was amazed at the turnaround. Pacers went from being up by 7 and in command, with Hansbrough hitting a soft jumper every time he got the ball in his hands to being tossed around like a bunch of pillows as the Bulls clawed their way into the lead. I don't see the Pacers coming back from a loss like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I watched the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter of Game 1 in this series and was amazed at the turnaround. Pacers went from being up by 7 and in command, with Hansbrough hitting a soft jumper every time he got the ball in his hands to being tossed around like a bunch of pillows as the Bulls clawed their way into the lead. I don't see the Pacers coming back from a loss like that.
    Yeah, they're done like a fast food steak.

With Boozer in foul trouble, the table was set for Indy to steal one. Granger was in a zone for awhile, but bogged the offense down late in the game with his quick trigger. It goes without saying that Rose is something else.

10-point lead with 3:29 to go and they get outscored 16-1.

Ouch! That's a choke...(or a fix...I didn't see it).

But, that's got to hurt.

I don't think it's over for Indy. That was a great effort. It proves they were ready to play. Don't see any reason why that will change in the next game.

I find it amazing how analysts are just assuming that nobody can beat the Bulls. They're too inexperienced to be given that much respect.

Yeah, they choked that one away. Inexperience. But the Bulls are a bunch of cry babies. If Rose gets touched they want to fight. And after the game when asked about the Pacers' defense on him he says "Well, they were fouling me hard."
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

The Hawks strategy of playing Dwight Howard straight-up without double-teaming him worked to perfection. Other than Jameer Nelson, the Magic are devoid of players who can create their own shot. On top of that, they lack defensive depth in the post behind Howard and Bass.

Translation: The Magic miss Martin Gortat more than they care to admit. I fail to see how that early season multi-player deal with the Suns improved them at all.

I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with the Blazers/Mavs brick festival last night. 89-81? Come on. I'll still be surprised if this series doesn't go 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah, they choked that one away. Inexperience. But the Bulls are a bunch of cry babies. If Rose gets touched they want to fight. And after the game when asked about the Pacers' defense on him he says "Well, they were fouling me hard."
    Agreed, a bunch of sissies. Play the game and quit whining.

But it's very unacceptable to lose that lead, needed to take that game.

The Bulls go to the line 32 times (to 17 for the Pacers) ... Rose takes 21 FTs!

The Heat go to the line 39 times (to 15 for the Sixers) ... Bosh, James and Wade take 32 FTs.

NBA Playoff fever ... catch it.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    The Bulls go to the line 32 times (to 17 for the Pacers) ... Rose takes 21 FTs!

The Heat go to the line 39 times (to 15 for the Sixers) ... Bosh, James and Wade take 32 FTs.

NBA Playoff fever ... catch it.
    Dont ya know NBA can't afford its premier teams to not make it to the next round. Got to give espn a reason to continue the Heat watch (which has been an outright failure based on the hype by ESPN).
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?