Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to DX Bruce

Time to DX Bruce

I'm am really tired of all the hype for Bruce. He clearly isn't a big league hitter.

Someone stated that he is a 30 home run a year hitter. Well, presently Gnomes presently has one less home run and more RBI's in considerably fewer AB's. nix has even done just as well. everyone seemingly seems content with the he's learning. It's high time he graduated. Currently he is 0-5 in Louisville. Doesn't look like he is ready to be back.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Re: Time to DX Bruce

He's 22!!!!

Votto was playing at Chattanooga when he was 22 and he turned out alright. There is no reason to rush to a judgment.

DX Bruce>? Does that mean HBK and HHH show and says he must hit .280 with 30 hr and 100 rbi, and he if he ain't down with that...

we got 2 words for ya...

SUCK IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I'm am really tired of all the hype for Bruce. He clearly isn't a big league hitter.

Someone stated that he is a 30 home run a year hitter. Well, presently Gnomes presently has one less home run and more RBI's in considerably fewer AB's. nix has even done just as well. everyone seemingly seems content with the he's learning. It's high time he graduated. Currently he is 0-5 in Louisville. Doesn't look like he is ready to be back.
    Just keep hitting that bottle, we obviously have bigger issues to take care of. I hope this thread was some sort of sarcastic joke.

lmao... this forum offers a 1:8 ratio of worthwhile threads to absolutely horrible ones.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

While I don't agree with the way this was presented, I agree that if Bruce hadn't been hyped as a scout, I wouldn't be able to see the talent that i've heard about. He just looks lost at the plate with no plan when he gets up there. Before we keep saying he's 22, is he the prodigy everyone said? because there are players that produce at this age, and he's doing much less than producing. I'm just saying just because he's 22 doesn't mean he couldn't be a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    While I don't agree with the way this was presented, I agree that if Bruce hadn't been hyped as a scout, I wouldn't be able to see the talent that i've heard about. He just looks lost at the plate with no plan when he gets up there. Before we keep saying he's 22, is he the prodigy everyone said? because there are players that produce at this age, and he's doing much less than producing. I'm just saying just because he's 22 doesn't mean he couldn't be a bust.
    Do you remember this one kid by the name of Homer Bailey? He was hyped up then came up for 3 years at different stints and was horrible. However, after given time and exposure to the majors, he finally seemed to get it and began to fulfill the promise that the scouts said that he could.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I would have to say he has flashed the talent, he just hasnt put it together consistently. Remember the way he hit when he came up last year? He was drilling everyone. And there were times this year when he almost single handedly won some games. For example the St.Louis game on a Saturday in May, had a diving catch with 2 outs that saved a run or 2, turned around and hit a go ahead home run a bit later.

His defense and arm are already top notch, his power is there, he was on pace for a 30+, 70rbi season before his injury. His OBP is sitting 60-75 points above his batting average which is solid for a 22 year old. He just needs to become more consistent and bump up his batting average.

He isn't Miguel Cabrera who torched pitchers at 21 years old, but not many are.

Bruce may indeed, put it together soon. But his inconsistency (esp. vs. lefties) is why you shouldn't let Gomes or Nix get away. Both have proven to be pretty productive and capable replacements, if not starters, on the Reds.

wow

Is this a serious thread? This has to be a joke right? Another example of the intelligent Cincinnati baseball fan

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    Bruce may indeed, put it together soon. But his inconsistency (esp. vs. lefties) is why you shouldn't let Gomes or Nix get away. Both have proven to be pretty productive and capable replacements, if not starters, on the Reds.

Although I understand what your are saying, I don't see Nix as a starter right now. He is a guy that could put together a decent season if he can put everything together, but right now between injuries and some inconsistency he hasn't proven to be reliable enough.

Gomes is probably not going to be much more than a good option as a 4th OF. I really like what this guy can do, but he is probably not the player you see now.

To the topic of this thread, Bruce is very talented. There is very little doubt about that. Baseball is a very tough game to play and even all the talent in the world doesn't promise you a HOF career. Lets be honest, he was probably rushed a little quicker than he should have been. However, there is no reason at all to say he isn't going to become a productive player. His peripherals were indicating he was very unlucky earlier in the season. I tend to believe that he is proof of how this game can eat young players alive mentally. He was unlucky, got frustrated and was trying way too hard. His injury was very unfortunate, but it may be what he needed in order to ease his mind a little.

Everyone has heard the saying that you have to let the game come to you. I think this is where the saying came from. Sometimes slumps are caused from being unlucky and not always a flaw or something you are doing wrong. Its when you start changing things that you go from bad to worse and everything just snowballs. I think that is what happened to Bruce.

what is DX

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    what is DX
    Designate for assignment? That is just a guess.

Bruce was rushed a bit to MLB, and we were all dying to see him here. His problem at the plate is clearly the struggle against LHers, which in turn causes him to "press" anytime at the plate. He will NOT lay off the outside curveball that a LHer throws. Since he won't lay off, somebody needs to show him how to hit it. Then, he should be a star.

Turn Off Ads?