Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Trout - wow

Mike Trout - wow

How about that catch tonight? I know he's just a rookie, but I think he's one of the best baseball players I've ever seen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mike Trout - wow

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    How about that catch tonight? I know he's just a rookie, but I think he's one of the best baseball players I've ever seen.
    Agreed, no one can argue with that. He's been very impressive, let's hope there's no sophomore slump.

Edit: a slumps ok when he plays against the reds

i just checked his stat line on ESPN. batting .349, 19 home runs (on pace for 29), and 33 steals while only being caught 3 times (on pace for 50/5)

the guy's got a serious chance of winning both ROTY and MVP
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

He's the easy choice for MVP at this point. I don't think there are many other players even close. Cano? Hamilton's been so cold. Trout is putting together a historic season. We may literally be seeing the best rookie year of all-time.

I definitely see a 40/40 season in his future.

He should be the unanimous AL MVP.

So the question is, who would you rather have going forward. Trout or Harper.

I'd go Trout. Dude is a beast.

to me its not even close. i go with trout b/c i now know what he's capable of. harper could end up being better but the safer choice seems to be trout.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs Homer View Post
    He should be the unanimous AL MVP.
    Well at least the 2/3 of the season MVP. Most teams have between 53-56 games remaining, a lot can change in that amount of time.

Why didn't the Angels have him on the team on opening day?

Quote Originally Posted by big boy View Post
    Why didn't the Angels have him on the team on opening day?
    They didn't want to get rid of their bloated OF payroll. So they were trying to find trade partners instead of eating a contract. Wells I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jback76 View Post
    Well at least the 2/3 of the season MVP. Most teams have between 53-56 games remaining, a lot can change in that amount of time.
    Keep an eye on Miggy.

The gap between what Harper and Trout have done to this point in their careers is massive. Sure both have potential through the roof, but given they're both still really young I think it's the easiest choice ever bc Trout has been ridiculously more productive. OPSing over 1000, stealing 30+ bases at a >90% success rate, and arguably the best defensive center fielder in the game. 6.8 fWAR in 85 games. That is absurd.

I'd be curious what Trout would command if he was a free agent right now. I wouldn't hesitate to give him 13/325
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

As for the Trout/Harper thought....it's Trout by 10 miles right now (Harper on fumes a bit right now)....but Trout struggled in his opportunities as a 19 year old in the bigs last year.

But right now....he's 20....he didn't start until May and if he keeps this up you have a LEADOFF hitter with an OPS over 1.000 (.410 OB%, 600 Slug%)...29 HR, 32 2B, 8 3B, 142 runs, 90 RBI (bats leadoff and missed April, mind you)......200 hits, 58 stolen bases....gold glove defense and when he came up the Angels were 6-14 and are IMO the World Series favorites right now.

His skill set is a young Mickey Mantle....with young Joe DiMaggio stats, but add in the top base stealer in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by jback76 View Post
    True, but it would take a lot of ground to cover to even get close to him. I mean, in the NL at least you have McCutcheon and Votto separating themselves as the best batters in the NL. Trout is so far ahead of every batter at pretty much everything. The Angels have a very bright future.

Turn Off Ads?